It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bill Could Make Bush President For Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Bush couldn't run as VP, because the 22nd Amendment makes him ineligible to be President and the 12 Amendment says:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

[edit on 6/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Has propagandamatrix.com twisted the words of this article or something? but i think its highly unlikely this would happen. I know its been tried in the past and its always failed.

So, my Americans buddies, is this likely to happen or not?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They are making it sound like the Amendment would make Bush president for life, but it would simply allow him to run for additional terms. He'd still have to be elected. Plus, I don't know why they mention Arnold Schwarzenegger since the 22nd Amendment has nothing to do with why he can't run (he's not a native born U.S. citizen).

I don't think it's likely the 22nd Amendment will be repealed anytime soon, but if it was, it wouldn't be that big of a deal -- I'd just mean voters would have the choice to elect someone President more than twice.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I didnt see why they mention Arnold Schwarzenegger too, to be honest, i think its twisting words, etc to make it prove an NWO theory.

If Clinton couldn't change it, i doubt Bush will be able too.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
LOL!!!

A bizarre pipe dream or nightmare, depending on which side of the political fence you call home.

To amend the Constitution requires a 2/3 majority of EACH house of Congress PLUS ratification by 3/4 of the states (currently that would be 38 states).

What odds would you be given in Vegas for that to happen????

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

A House bill has been introduced that would change the 22nd amendment and enable George Bush to remain President for the rest of his political life.

The bill would repeal limitations on a President holding office for a maximum of two terms.

An even darker scenario, Arnold Schwarzenegger is elected as President in 2008 and shorty after the 22nd amendment is abolished, making the Hitler admirer our permanent Fuhrer.

This is the modern day version of the Enabling Act, which allowed Hitler to officially declare himself dictator.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

I dont know what to make of this, im not American, but from looking around on the net i cant find a lot of this subject.

Ill see what i can did up

i like this idea bush is the best

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
People, don't forget. Bush isn't the problem, its his administration; most of the ideas that Dubya announces are from the mouths of his officals.
Don't be fooled.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think there are pros and cons to it.

With no limit on a president's term, there's accountability. With the term limit, someone like W on his second term would pull a bunch of crap because they're not going to get re-elected anyhow.

Given the circumstances, though, the Twenty-Second Amendment should not be repealed. Especially since there's this little matter of vote fraud.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
'A bizarre pipe dream or nightmare, depending on which side of the political fence you call home. " - Dave54
Link list as of this point, active discussion on this is at 3 forums
www.abovetopsecret.com...
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join