It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do They Do At Mount Weather?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
play war games!
This is the main daily activity of the approximately 240 people who work at Mount Weather. The games are intended to train the Mount Weather bureaucracy to managing a wide range of problems associated with both war and domestic political crises.

Decisions are made in the "Situation Room," the base's nerve center, located in the core of Mount Weather. The Situation Room is the archetypal war room, with "charts, maps and whatever visuals may be needed" and "batteries of communications equipment connecting Mount Weather with the White House and 'Raven Rock'--the underground Pentagon sixty miles north of Washington--as well as with almost every US military unit stationed around the globe," according to the Progressive article. "All internal communications are conducted by closed-circuit color television ... senior officers and 'Cabinet members' have two consoles recessed in the walls of their office."

Descriptions of the war games read a bit like a Ian Fleming novel. Every year there is a system-wide alert that "includes all military and civilian-run underground installations." The real, aboveground President and his Cabinet members are "relocated" to Mount Weather to observe the simulation. Post-mortems are conducted and the margins for error are calculated after the games. All the data is studied and documented. Maintain and Update the "Survivors List"

Using all the data generated by the war games and domestic crisis scenarios, the facility continually maintains and updates a list of names and addresses of people deemed to be "vital" to the survival of the nation, or who can "assist essential and non-interruptible services." In the 1976 article, the "survivors list" contained 6,500 names, but even that was deemed to be low.

err hope im on that list!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
hmmm.....interesting. I wanna take part in there wargames now, sounds very fun to me

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
here's something you might find interesting about mount weather.

www.noveltynet.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
"Few Americans -- indeed, few Congressional representatives -- are aware of the existence of Mount Weather"

I'm not even American and I knew of it's existance.

-Ike

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I heard a few people tellin me about it, but it took awhile for me to find info about what goes on there.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
"Like the enigmatic Area 51 in Nevada, the Federal government wants to keep the Mount Weather facility buried in secrecy. Public awareness of this place and its purpose would raise serious questions about who holds the reins of power in this country. The Constitution states that those reins lie in the hands of the people, but the very existence of Mount Weather indicates an entirely different reality. As long as Mount Weather exists, these questions will remain."

but are they just letting us no , what they want us to no??

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
yeah, The info which they tell people isn't anything important. They want us to believe that its only there for leaders to go in the case of a nulcear war, but if thats the case, the facilty shouldn't be that busy. The place is buzzing 24/7 and i've heard of places which protect heads of states in the threat of a nuclear war, ARE NOT buzzing like Mount Weather. There is something else going on there and they don't want us to know.....

top topics

join