It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From where do your "thoughts" spring.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Man is manifestation of God,man's mind is a manifestation of God's mind.
Created to live as God,in God's image...as one not separate.
This is what religions are created to suppress.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Man is an aspect of nature, and nature itself is a manifestation of primordial religion.

Even the word `religion' makes an unnecessary separation, and there is no word for it in the Indian tongues.

Nature is the `Great Mysterious,' the `religion before religion,' the profound intuitive apprehension of the true nature of existence attained by sages of all epochs, everywhere on Earth; the whole universe is sacred, man is the whole universe, and the religious ceremony is life itself, the common acts of every day."

PETER MATTHIESSEN, Indian Country

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think that reality as we have been "conditioned" to see it,is a form of control,it is really our imagination
making the reality,the control aspect is what keeps us from our true purpose.
This is a life-long learning process,trying to understand,let alone explain this.
There is always so much meaning lost in language and interpretation.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
strictly my *****.

in all seriousness, a serious mental disease. I've come up with some real sick and twisted thoughts.

it's fun to kick them around, and then dissmiss them at hand.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The person we believe ourselves to be is but an illusion in which we live.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My thoughts are a product of my environment and built on the thoughts of the people that have come before me. I do not believe we have very many original thoughts anymore, only repeats of others' ideas, or build-ons to others' idea.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hey, I just had an original thought.

How about blood-flavored Coca-Cola for goths and vampires?

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
MA:Where the smell did that come from?,lol.

TC:that's exactly what I mean,an illusion.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
an original thought,I must be distracted,da!
Or maybe my mind was being over run with so much original thought that I missed the humor in that post.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There is a legend in respect to how at some point in time in the last 2000 years man became aware of methedologies related to states of being, well beyond
what is accepted as common place by man at present.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
this thought power spiral from our on cell,this cell ask to much so we have to feed it with all knowledge as much as possible
just a joke

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
my pet theory is that thought is like a river or sea. we guide our boats(minds) through it and depending on which eddies and currents we (i'm about to mix metaphors) resonate with, we are then able to flow and guide through that (i'm about to mix metaphors)arena. basically, the thoughts are already there beyond time and space and our free will choices and intent decide how much knowledge, and what type of knowledge we will be privy to. (oops, i ended in a preposition).

i'm going to quote a brilliant guy here. we were both talking to a third party.

This is an essay I wrote on 1/11 of this year introducing myself to the Marshall McLuhan-Finnegans Wake Reading Club. It is not titled.
----

Allself me to introllow mybody

A cumulative overporing of Finnegan's Wake is semen' to suggest a gradual cabala of the Latin Alpha Bet, a vast study of howwhy certain phonemes lend curtain colours and shades of ideas and imajizz, the omnisensory pallete of a sound and its interconnexions. And the numbers come too, 1132. A vast co-inference engine applying ear-y recurrents of alphanumaractors in harmonic counterpoint to narrative involution. Alphanewmetric xenochronies are maddening hints at a MEANING-CORE from which their actions are directed, a fleeting glimpse of the impse. Allwarns sofar receiled have sqwawked: 'this way lies madness!' The hints deduce and never seeliver. But Izzy?

Certainly a visualbias hyperanalytic classiccabalic study of the
xenochronous whether could 'drive you round the bend', the one that wont straighten for your eyesense. But McLulu's sense is made in the shade, not the tightlight of sight, made in the touching trade. So'S the Joys. One can proprionavigate the currence with fleetingly radial bursts postmarking ones visual ears, batwise. Notice that the noticable recurvence of synchro niceties notates its POWER-VORTICES, the memelight bending towards the center of the black role. Like the classic sperm dream I had the other night, in a car with my dad driving real fast around bends in a thin tunnel being stopped by a giant TREE OF LIFE blocking the way...... this being an Amtrak train tunnel. There's the loose end. "All of that makes sense, but why Amtrak?" Makes sense later that morning when I'm on the train pulling into old 2RUN2 and I pass an Amtrak engine (rarely seen up in Mooseland), #111. That's why Amtrak, just letting me know that this dream was a powerful one, and re-enforcing the already majestic status of 111 in my mythology. Which comes to today (1/11). At the stroke of 12 AM my friend who had had a premonition of my visit jumped at my mention of my recent acquisition of 'The Medium And The Light: Reflections on Religion' saying yes that she had just gotten it too and had a strange feeling I'd mention it. So then soon I'm recounting this dream another friend of mine had: He and this friend's boyfriend (also present) took a pill each containing the concentrated psilocybin of 12,000 mushrooms, got in a car and started driving. They soon attained light-speed and made rapid orbits of the earth, 'clocking in' their experience one 'frame' per orbit to give the appearance of drifting through walls...... So I mention that dream, think about the car-acceleration metaphor, and am reminded of the excerpt, from that xenochronous book (tMatL:RoR), which not only perfectly describes the dream, but which I had 'happened' to post on a quotation message earlier that day:

"The hallucinogenic world, in environmental terms, can be
considered as a forlorn effort of man to match the speed and power of his extended nervous system (which we call the "electronic world") by intensifying the activity of his inner nervous system. This is somewhat like the use of a fast motor car as a way of fighting back against the overpowering scale of high-rise and metropolitan buildings"

So an unlikely vortex. So we laugh and go 'whoa!', but what can we show? What 'meaning' can we really draw on such a canvas? Only the magic power of McLuhan, dreams, and 111 to figure in such rounded ground. Pay careful attention to the 'lines' those 'choractors' 'speak': they're pregnant with navigational hints. But where is your navigilance tracing you? Why, to the center of course, the only 'point of view' with clear lights refractaling and balanced noise enswelluping in perfect spheres, in perfect pitch.

So this is a serious theme, a fearious seam, etherious meme: that the reason that McLuhan and certainly Joyce as well were able to create and maintain such extreme xenochrony and charmony between their words and their worlds is that they operated FROM THE CENTER of the themespire, the seamfire, the memesphere. Experts in mediatation, hereing the psylent cacaphony.

and me again, trying to simplify things for the uninitiated:

"first"(chicken or egg?) concept: thought. individual and collective. you've experienced it. the ego and the mob.

"second" concept: patterns.

"third" concept: thought into patterns.

"fourth" concept: patterns into thought.

"fifth" concept: memory.

"sixth" concept: patterns into memory.

"seventh" concept: memory into patterns.

"eighth" concept: eternity

"ninth" concept: now (own won NWO)

"tenth" concept: resonance, or "nesting"

3D reality and experience into speech into letters into print into eyes into brain into pen onto paper into other eyes into other brain into letters in other brain into speech in other brain into virtual picture and experience in other brain. that is the "now" of it. the "eternity" of it is that over the ages, the collective of intelligence has "shaped" and "quantized" individual thought(all occuring within the bounds of sacred geometry, that's why it's called, "sacred geometry". as you know, this is my pet. so the shape of a letter can affect your mind in other ways than the sound and position in the alphabet. the most obvious to me is "S". SSSSSSSine wave. SSSSSnake.).

the everyday show that we see, rather pales(and yet is intimately interwoven) in comparison to the grand music of the spheres(the most perfect shape, ....infinite. spheres of influence, heavenly body magnetic field spheres, cycles(a measurement of the movement of spheres), ....this is "time". the difference in time and space between spheres

your philosophy professor probably doesn't even know what the golden mean(phi)[as in phi-losophy] is. professors, for the most part, are a bunch of "rib shaped patties". ground up and reshaped into a nearly passable imitation.

and him again:

I cannot reduce this to a sentence because the importance is in the resonation: between dreams and numbers and media archetypes and writers and the words used to spin the tale. But the basic theme is: language objects in fatestreams are organized in spherical or vorticular structures, and recurrent synchronicities involve symbols or writers who operate these structures consciously from the calm centres, where the view is clearest.

and to qoute james joyce himself, we are all "abcedminded"

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
billybob

Keep posting.

I am reading.

It is important.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My thoughts come from the bottom of a bottle!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
my thoughts come from my mind and may thoughts depend on peoples actions and stuff.

(note:i have been up for 20 mins so i will be talking crap)

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
drunk

BS.

Your arguments on democracy are extremely reasonable, and they have totally discombobulated your opponent.

In vino veritas.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
You know MA i nominated u for the debate instead of me but JB wanted me for some reason.*shrugs shoulders*

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
is really quite on target here.

Everything around us is an illusion. One may think of this in scientific or spiritual terms.

Scientifically-all these atoms, protons, neutrons, etc. all create an illusion of solidarity in each object. However, they never really touch. Why? For if they did it causes an explosion until everything settles back into position.

Ever read unexplained stories of inaminate objects exploding for no reason? Ever heard stories of the human body exploding. That is what happened. A couple of atoms or whatever actually collided setting off a chain reaction until everything settles down again.

What powers these illusions? God the allknowing creator, of course.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join