It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Your Listening Pleasure...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Okay, maybe "pleasure" is arguable, but I thought I'd go ahead and post it up here anyways and see what everyone thinks. I put up a couple of pieces (music) on SoundClick. They're instrumentals, one's a jazzy/swing kind of tune and the other is rather in the classical vein. You can get to them through here, or if you want to cut straight to the chase then click here.

I'd really appreciate any feedback, good bad or ugly. All I ask is that if you don't like it, let me know why if you can. I know sometimes you just don't like a song for no definable reason whatsoever, but if you think it needs something in particular let me know what it is. At the very least, don't just post "It sucks." I don't mind someone saying that (or worse even), but tell me why.

Enjoy if possible

EDIT: Just to clarify, the first link goes to my "band" page, with info and background, etc. The second link goes straight to the music.

[edit on 6/2/2005 by MCory1]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i thought they were really good, i loved the sound and found it very easy to listen too,

Great work,

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thanks
I've got another one I'm finishing up that I plan on putting up this week. Not as easy listening as those two, but might be worth checking out.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Great cant wait, i love the fact that you can listen to music you would not find anywhere else,

Refreshing!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I didn´t listened to it, but your text sounds very good!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dacruz
I didn´t listened to it, but your text sounds very good!

Well, when you get a chance, check it out if you can. I was looking around a little bit at the link in your signature--I might stop in there, looks pretty interesting. Just a warning for when you (or anyone else for that matter) do listen to it though, the "instruments" used in the music might sound a little cheesy. I can't exactly afford to hire a full orchestra/jazz band, so I'm stuck with my keyboard for now. Hopefully that will be taken into consideration and not held against me too much

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Very cool! I Like

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks DJDOHBOY

I might also add that if anyone knows anything about "home" mastering/mixing, especially with earlier versions of Sonar (ie version 2), I'd appreciate any pointers. I haven't been able to find too much online that's much help. Most everything I've seen is along the lines of "do this until it sounds good." If anyone knows of any mixing "recipe" books, I'd appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Man Imlistening to 'Hands' right now. Good song. Nice slow groove. Kinda reminds me of the top gun theme in places. All and all a good track

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thanks KidFinger. I've always been told my music sounds like it belongs in a movie somewhere, and eventually that's what I'd like to do (I just have no clue as to how to get into the scoring industry--if anyone has any tips on that too I'd appreciate it.)

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
As promised above, I have a new piece up, Evolution. Feel free to check it out at the links above (or in my signature.) It's a little different than the others though, a little heavier, a little more "rock" or industrial oriented. Again, any comments are appreciated.

top topics

join