It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mastor Of The Closet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
These are some of the other chapters and these are where the real content that I enjoyed the most was found. This guy is a good writter and I like his view on what Freemasonry is, for the most part anyway...I actually have a bunch more of these text files. Another about Master Masons which looks a bit more like dry reading, and I don't think it's by the same author.

CHAPTERII
THE CANDIDATE
CHAPTER III
THE ENTERED APPRENTICE
CHAPTER IV
THE FELLOW CRAFT
CHAPTER V
THE MASTER MASON
-TRANSMUTATION
-THE PRESENCE OF THE MASTER
CHAPTER VI
THE QUALIFICATIONS OF A TRUE MASON

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
MA, I find it funny that you think I din't read it. First of all there was photo copies of it on first 75 pages or so. Also I bought a copy off of ebay after reading the first part of it. You sound so sure that I haven't. Why is that ?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You said you had a bunch of files about Master Masons. I'd like to see those, do you mind if I take a peak?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
oconnection

I feel you couldn't have read it, as if you had, you couldn't say that someone would 'renounce their faith' through their participation, which is what you said.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Especially since becoming a Mason you are allowed to pray audiably or silently to whatever faith you are, in any way you wish, and when you are finished you make not of such. And So mote it be.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
*EDIT*

Last post I said "make not of such..."

It should be "make note of such..."

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I quote from the Masonic Monitor Handbook page 23:

"You are aware that whatever a man may have gained here on earth, whether of titles, wealth, honor, or even his own merit, can never serve him a passport to the Grand Lodge above: but previous to his gaining admission there he must become poor and destitute, blind and naked, DEPENDENT upon the SOVEREIGN will of our Suprem Grand Master."

Now why is this person dependent of Suprem Grand Master in such a way that he's blind and naked without him? Can one man have the answer for one's salvation. This is just one of many questionable thing I read in this book alone.

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by oconnection]

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Interesting indeed, oconnection.

While I would read that as a figurative statement about who the individual looks to for counsel on teachings in the 'Craft', and not as a substitute for any deity, what is more interesting to me is I don't know anyone who ever took such an oath and I might not, myself.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Dude oconnection, the Supreme Grand Master is being used as a generic term for God in this monitor.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
First off two points, MA and my seperate interpretations of what "Soveriegn Grand Master" could mean is paramount example of how no one man can speak for masonry...

Second point is that I also have never seen that, I was trying to place it, and the more I look at that monitor the less of a Monitor it seems.

One it has "Grand Master Installation" and such...which shouldn't be there.

It has some crap about some stupid "cabal" which doesn't exist at all.

And it has no ritual.

The book is now confirmably on my "suspicion" list.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Spot on FM with your interpretation of 'Sovereign and Supreme Grand Master', which is certainly a different terminology from how I think about TGAOTU's and other abstract creationist references.

I had never thought of it that way from what oconnection quoted.

Freemasonry is indeed a diverse society, spread across the earth's surface, with wonderful things to offer to its members.

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ok, found the whole thing in that suspicious book...it is saying, or rather asking the Candidate...if he is aware that no matter how rich he is, or how well off, he must one day be stripped of all his worldly goods, and die, and stand before God not based on his success, but his deeds.

If you were a Mason it'd be easier to understand it, as this is being asked of a man not yet initiated therefore it is kinda hinting to some things you go through in the degrees.

Such as the "poor, blind.." bit and so forth.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ok the ritual seemed to weird, I think it is simply "Murrow's Interpretation".

I'm having bellatrix scan the front to see if it is truly a masonic monitor or if it is some guy's fantasy...because it is written as if it were catering to morons.

A monitor is simply a small tool Masons use to refresh their memories...it is hardly a walk through of every little detail including the music...which is not played in all lodges

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Seems I proved myself wrong. Murrow exists as the "Father of Masonry in Oklahoma."

"Masonry is not a religion. Even J.S. Murrow said this many times. However, as he has taught, written, believed, and inspired others to believe the two go hand in hand."

Some words about him.

www.geocities.com...

So in my view that is what Supreme Grand Master is being used as, I think I might have heard such a term before but TGAoTU is more common.

And how I translated it seems to be most correct, that it is simply referring to death and that you shouldnt' be in masonry if you're in it for money or prestige or power.

Still a weird monitor though, but I belive those ******* represent censored areas, explaining why it's so "choppy".

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If they were talking about God then why didn't they just say God? It sounds to me like there talking about a person.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Same reason you hae Ala or Zues or Osiris. Just a personal choice. Freemason's have "The Grand Architect" or whatever. Because of God being the Creator of the Universe and everything.

You have to remember Freemasonry is like the Religion of the Architect and Engineer so to speak. It is heavy in science of building and construction. The more you dig around and research probably most any large man made structure, there will be a Mason involved somewhere...

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I will check that out, that sounds very interesting!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join