It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More of a suggestion, really

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Would it be possible to create a Bush bashing forum. That way any new topics can go straight there and I don't have to read them in the ones that I love.

I have been a long time lurker here - since late 90s if memory serves. I registered once long long ago as Roswellite but then moved and dropped out for while.

I love the intelligent debate and "finds" especially in some of the less trafficked area. It's a nice breather from my real world life. For the last few years it has seemed to me that perhaps a more fitting motto for ATS should be

Embrace Hate!

Because that is what I am seeing most often. There is hate from Bush bashers and the Bush supporters. There is hate coming from the pro Iraqi war and the anti Iraqi war. There is no intelligent debate of point and counterpoint. It has basically come down to entrenched partisans hurling insults and misinformation and outright lies back and forth. Neither side has any intent at all of changing their views.

I used to spend a few hours a day around here reading up on things, learning about some of the more extreme ideas that tend to be dismissed with a laugh from many other media outlets.

Lately I can't stand to read more than a half dozen posts in a day.

Please do something to save (if possible) this once great bastion of truth and integrity.

Thank you for your time.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Even in my short time on here I've noticed that the minute someone says something negative about Bush people will often come in claiming "Bush Bashing" and don't really comment much other than that. The flip side is true also, the minute someone starts talking good (or even indifferently) about Bush, everyone starts up with the mud slinging.

I don't think that starting a Bush-Bashing forum is a great idea though. I think a more appropriate idea would be to just get down to the trenches and try and take the middle ground. If you find a post that doesn't contribute, call the poster on it. If someone doesn't want to change their opinion, try and find out why. Ignoring it won't make it go away though.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Marid Audran,
P@ATS will interest you.

Just 'log on' with the same ATS member name and password.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Right, it was my hope that more of the politically charged stuff would be handled over at P@ATS. Thanks though!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Creating a forum based upon bias, hatred, and anger is a bad idea. We don't have a forum for every single president, pro and con, so why Bush? We don't have a forum for hating on slavery, which was certainly worse.

I'm sure you can find a home for some of your ideas.

top topics

join