It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC, NBC, and CBS will air 3 new Alien Shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The sci-fi touch: Aliens invade via the sea in NBC's "Fathom" with Lake Bell. They invade Florida on ABC's "Invasion." An alien life form is found in CBS' "Threshold," starring Carla Gugino.
metromix.chicagotribune.com...

"Invasion", Shaun Cassidy's Warner Brothers TV-produced hour looks at what happens in a small Florida town after a hurricane. Details are being kept under wraps, but, per the show's title, an alien invasion could be involved, the trade paper reported. Cassidy (American Gothic) wrote the pilot and will executive produce.
www.tvtome.com...

"Fathom," an action-adventure drama project from writers-directors Josh and Jonas Pate. The network has greenlighted a pilot from the NBC Universal Television show, which is described to be in the vein of James Cameron's "The Abyss" and revolves around mysterious creatures deep in the ocean. The twin brothers penned the pilot script and are set to direct and executive produce the pilot.
www.tvtome.com...

"Threshold," from producers David Heyman and David Goyer. "Threshold," written by Bragi Schut, revolves around a female government contingency analyst who leads a team of scientists and military personnel who get in contact with a mysterious alien lifeform. "Blade" writer/director Goyer is on board to direct the Paramount Network TV pilot. He also will exec produce with Heyman, producer of the "Harry Potter" movies. Schut is co-exec producing with Mark Rosen.
www.tvtome.com...

All three are set to air this September. Now, normally I wouldn't read too much into these kinds of shows, but for 3 major networks to debut shows about aliens all at the same time is noteworthy in my mind. I'm not going to scream "DISCLOSURE" or anything like that. Just thought I'd put this out there and see what ya'll think.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
DISCLOSURE!!! there I screamed it for you

it's kind of strange how the media reacts, sometimes they instigate what we think and other times, they feed off of what we think. This could be a case of disclosure however I doubt it, but it could also be that tv execs actually did some research and found that there was a large interest in ufos and aliens and made the show. Either way, I hope one of the 3 is good, I miss the days of new X-files episode every week...tv just hasnt been the same for me since.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
IMO, the 3 shows are a result of the popularity of the show "LOST", which some beleive will have an "alien" presence revealed on the island. Capitalizing on the success of the already popular mystery based drama/adventure would probably be the most likely explanation for the 3 new shows. But, heh, it's fun to speculate

[edit on 17-5-2005 by mpeake]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Shaun Cassidy..................you mean to tell me that guy is still pulling a paycheck?? I hope this guy doesn't do to UFOlogy what he did to music in the '70's...............DESTROY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, you have to read something in to this. Something big is on the horizon I'm telling you. "Horizon" being within five years.

Peace

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

All three are set to air this September. Now, normally I wouldn't read too much into these kinds of shows, but for 3 major networks to debut shows about aliens all at the same time is noteworthy in my mind. I'm not going to scream "DISCLOSURE" or anything like that. Just thought I'd put this out there and see what ya'll think

This isn't the first time it's happened you know...but yes, it warrants mention... It may be to simply piggy back off the anticipated success of Speilberg's upcoming "War of the Worlds", etc. this summer... Good find though.

Personally, if I was going to disclose an alien presence, I wouldn't go the ID4 route, but the ET, Close Encounters, Coccoon route, but that's just me.....

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
This isn't the first time it's happened you know...but yes, it warrants mention...

ya, I figured that this has happened before in the past....Roswell, X-Files, and Taken aired at the same time (I think...or at least in re-runs on the sci-fi channel). But for the 3 Major Networks to debut them against each other at the same time is probably a first. At the very least, I just hope that they are entertaining, and not a bunch of Peter Jennings BS

It may be to simply piggy back off the anticipated success of Speilberg's upcoming "War of the Worlds", etc. this summer...

Also a good point. I imagine that we might expect a few more network documentaries to come during the War of the Worlds movie hype this summer too.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by mpeake]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, Jennings' report was SUPPOSED to be journalism.... Instead it was either blatant disinfo, or irresponsible journalism and ignoring facts. Given ABC's parent company, and Disney's alleged past roles in the subject, it's not all that surprising....

These offerings are supposed to be entertainment, so that's cool.

The time before I'm thinking about is more in the 80's, when there were a couple weeks that had a flurry of UFO specials, including the UFO CoverUp Live! specials, etc. That had Cosmic Journey written all over it initially, even involved some of the same people (such as Emenneger, etc.).

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My heart remains eternally optimistic, deep in there somewhere. However, I suspect we have a case of one network leaked, somehow, and the others jumped on it. None of the three sounds like it will be very good... Kind of a rush to judgment, perhaps, but it has been a very long, long time since network tv did anything good, unless you just happen to be pumped up 1000% by the so-called reality shows.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'd love to see them recapture the magic of something like the V mini-series when it aired....

I moved heaven and earth to be sure to catch each airing,
And when they turned out to be reptoids! Classic! THAT was good television...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Agreed! V was VERY cool!

I was 14 or 15 I think.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Don't know if you guys want to know this but the Fathom show is based on a rather popular comic book I beleive.. not so much about aliens, but more like atlanteans invading. Kind of a new take on the old Aquaman/Namor taking revenge on the surface dwellers.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Disclosure? Hmmmm I don't know, but what about this?

How about mind control and brainwashing, setting up preconcieved idea's. Getting into people's mind that there are aliens and they are here to do us harm. Why do you think they rushed out War of the Worlds for this year? It wasn't set until 2006-2007 possibly. It's all about conditioning. But to what end and to what purpose is anyone's guess.

All in all, anything that deals with fear factor and exploits the fears of the American people or anyone for that matter in all reality really wishes to control us. If you think I am a nut about this, just look at pearl harbor, WTC 1997, Oaklahoma City bombing, All the embassy bombings, WTC 2001 & 9-11. Weapons of mass destruction. Those are fresh in people's mind but the list is endless.

BlueThunder

BlueThunder

[edit on 17-5-2005 by BlueThunder]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Acclimatization came to mind before brainwashing. IMO, by the time disclosure comes to pass, its shock value will affect only a minority of the world's industrialized population. Unless some malevolent race drops out of space ala INDEPENDENCE DAY.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'd love to see them recapture the magic of something like the V mini-series when it aired....

I moved heaven and earth to be sure to catch each airing,
And when they turned out to be reptoids! Classic! THAT was good television...

Well the good news is that they are going to remake it and bring it bang up to date !!!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It could be a way to set up a fake Disclosure, as well.

Computer Graphic is at the level of Super-Realism, people.

All it takes is Skill, Processing Power, and Time.

They can unveil an alien race to the whole world if they wanted. You could give them individual characteristics, rig their walk, give them mannerisms, for an alien species, it would not be that hard to 'bring them to life'.

Just food for thought.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
New Game Called Area-51 too..

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hmmm.... Maybe I was too hasty in my original post (just inter-network competition).

Ya know... When I first came here, it was to find out a bit more about the possibilities of many conspiracies that capture my imagination. I used to be a dyed in the wool believer in things like Atlantis, UFOs, Area 51, and such like that. Unfortunately, over the years, there have been so many of my favorite conspiracies called into doubt by bad science, bad people, and such, that I have, to a large extent, become a hard bitten skeptic.

I would love to go back to that simpler time when the investigation of these various conspiracies was a quest and a joy, and not simply a reason to take keyboard in hand, and ask, "Where the heck is the proof of what you are saying".

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be proof, but I am wishing mightily, that the pursuit of such proof would take on a more positive aura for the likes of me.

My apologies to anyone I might have offended with my stilted view of "reality". Like Fox "The Man" said, "I want to believe".

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As a reminder, I heard that show Threshold is premiering tonight on CBS.

Special Two-hour premiere tonight at 9pm ET/PT. I might set my VCR to record and check it out tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

join