It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Terrorist Suspect Seeks Asylum in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
and who really has the right to determine if these "revolutionaries" are right or wrong? Come on...the US is not the Master of the world and face the fact Posada did some bad things and innocent people (civilians) were killed. A terrorist is a terrorist.

What civilians have been killed?... you are again believing what the dictator castro is saying....

Btw, didn't you see the link I gave in which castro says he opposes anyone from NATO to be the ones to put on trial Carriles?....

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I did see that, but the US doesn't have to follow Castro's wishes to prove their stance in the war on terrorism, they just need to do the right thing and not be hypocrites, if we dont care what Castro thinks, he shouldn't even be part of the thought process, this is about the rest of the world and the true issue....definition of a terrorist and the war on terrorism.

civilians killed?
ap.tbo.com...

"When a Cubana Airlines jetliner was blown out of the sky near the Bahamas on Oct. 6, 1976, killing 73 people, suspicion soon fell on Posada, who was linked to the crime by Cuban and Venezuelan officials, as well as then-secret U.S. intelligence reports, since declassified."

A Salvadoran, allegedly trained in part by Posada, was convicted in the killing of an Italian tourist.

Posada once acknowledged involvement, but later backtracked. He showed little sorrow.

"The bombs in hotels were very small, just intended to break windows and cause minor damage," Posada said in an interview published Tuesday by The Miami Herald. He called the death "bad luck."

No?

btw, I'm gong to bed, guess me and you will continue our one on one talks tomorrow...it's rather nice btw, thank you Muaddib

[edit on 5-17-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Didn't i just showed you that Carriles was not the one that blew up the airliner?... you are going back to that from what the real bomber said, after he set up both Carriles and Bosch to take the blame for what he did....

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
one person's words over another muaddib, prove it in court as it should be.

now one more post somewhere else and i am really going to bed.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
one person's words over another muaddib, prove it in court as it should be.

now one more post somewhere else and i am really going to bed.

The word of the person who committed the terrorist act and who arrested both Carriles and Bosch and claimed they both were part of the terrorist act, then claimed only Carriles was part of it, then later resented and said only him and some others were responsible......and was later executed by castro's thugs.

Yes, i agree with you, it should be proven in an international court...not on a Cuban or Venezuelan court....but castro is opposing to this..he just want either Chavez, his pupet, to take care of Carriles, or for castro himself to see him executed....this is why Carriles wants arylum in the US. But even in the US he might not be free from castro's thugs...

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I say we give him back once we charge Bush on something. Now, did you want to play the hypocrite game WW? Mercenaries/Revolutionaries are all considered Terrorists, but I mean, are you forgetting "Boston Tea Party", who trained the Taliban to fight the Russian, and you want to talk about hypocrisies?? The word is just a word, and the Patriot Act definition of it can apply even to gang members or someone that beats you up at a party. It's that vague. The word itself is quite literal.

Besides Morales admitted he plotted it and set him and Bosch up, and Morales was then taken out..People still want this guy however because he was still trained by CIA, which brands him a traitor for life... I mean Castro calls Cuban refugees terrorists, what do you think he calls people who associate with the CIA?

WW you really need to understand that a Terrorist to Castro is everyone that opposses his fascist regime, the person he wants is dubbed as such by Castro for obvious reasons. In Cuba, the only Revolution tolerated is that of Communism, so any other revolution, be it democratic, will be branded the T word by Castro.

Understand this, if you tried to spread Democracy in China, you'd be labeled the same thing as this guy. The war we have going on is only on one country, and it's against locals who don't like us for whatever excuse they have, I mean you don't see us going after IRA, do you?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Also, WW.

www.terroranalysis.com...

Notice that France is praising two of their Agents as heroes for taking out a Green Peace boat. How sick is that? Come on, Greenpeace, that's just pathetic..

Yet, New Zealand calls them Terrorists... It seems New Zealand is too afraid to have a war with France, so they'll just label the Agents so.

Although we have a declared war on terrorism, what country hasn't ever had a declared war against terrorism since the dawn of time???? Do you remember Britain having to deal with Guy Fawkes, or what about our war against Britain for our Independence..They ruled us til we took what was our's back from them, and what do you think our founders were labeled? Words are dangerous these days in the minds of people who cannot comprehend them, or those who wish to confuse people. We clearly have enemies that are terrorists, that is without a doubt..But should we care what Castro thinks about his enemies? really...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Look I have dones some research on this guy. Take a look for yourself. But his name appears in every book (that hasn't been influenced by the government) that has to do with the JFK assassination, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the C.I.A. Cocaine deals, S.O.A., and most importantly OPERATION NORTHWOODS!!!!! The U.S. is haveing such a hard time deciding wether to give this guy assylum because he has so much black mail on the government. He was involved in so many Cold War scandals that if he doesn't get assylum all he has to do is tadle-tale on the US. So no matter what, if he gets assylum then other contries hate us. If he doesn't then he rats on them, and the other countries still hate us. It's a lose-lose situation. I would like to bet that sometime in the near future, that he has a very tragic and untimely death.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

CIA Documents Link Posada To Airliner Bombing
Cuban militant exile Luis Posada Carriles said shortly before the deadly 1976 bombing of a Cuban airliner that he and others were going to hit a Cuban airliner, according to a newly declassified C-I-A document.

The document was released Thursday.

The 1976 cable quotes an unnamed former Venezuelan official known as a "usually reliable reporter." The reporter said that Posada made the remark following a fund-raising dinner in Caracas for Orlando Bosch. Bosch was a leader of Cuban exiles opposed to the communist government of President Fidel Castro.

Spain Demands Posada Carriles Extradition to Venezuela
Madrid, Jun 10 (Prensa Latina) Spanish organizations of solidarity with Cuba have demanded Friday in front of the US embassy in this capital the extradition of Cuban-born terrorist Luis Posada Carriles to Venezuela.

The release was read by David Couso, brother of the Spanish cameraman Jose Couso who was murdered by US troops in Iraq.

In the document, Couso mentioned Posada Carriles´ role in the Bay of Pig´s defeat in 1961 and in the explosion in mid-air of a Cuban airplane killing 73 people in 1976, as well as requested the White House to stop giving political asylum to anti-Cuban terrorists.

The text also referred to his role in the disappearance of tens of thousands people in the Latin American Southern Cone, the murder of former Chilean Foreign Minister Orlando Letelier and his responsibility in the attempt to assassinate Cuban President Fidel Castro in Panama in 2000.

El Salvador To March in Demand of Posada Carriles´ Extradition
San Salvador, Jun 9 (Prensa Latina) The Popular Social Block (BPS) of El Salvador called here Thursday for a march Monday to demand that the US government extradite renowned terrorist Luis Posada Carriles to Venezuela.

A communiqué by BPS said the popular demonstration will depart from Ceiba de Guadalupe and march to the US Embassy in this capital.

BPS also denounced the intentions of US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to deliver Posada Carriles to the Salvadoran government.

Posada Carriles escaped from a Venezuelan prison in 1985 while awaiting sentence by an appeal court after being convicted for attacking a Cubana de Aviacion commercial DC-8 plane in 1976, where 76 people lost their lives.

If he were extradited to El Salvador, he would be submitted to a rigged trial, and released with a small fine by a Salvadoran court, BPS stated.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Update:

Texas Judge Denies Cuban Militant Bond
EL PASO, Texas -- A federal judge in El Paso, Texas, has denied bond for Cuban militant Luis Posada Carriles.

Posada, 77, is wanted as a terrorist in Venezuela and his arrest has strained relations between the United States and several Latin American and Caribbean countries.

Posada was arrested in Miami in May after officials said he entered the United States illegally. His attorneys say the charges are bogus because Posada never gave up his U.S. residency.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Another Update:

Judge: Luis Posada Carriles Not To Be Sent To Cuba Or Venezuela

EL PASO, Texas -- A Cuban militant accused of plotting a 1976 jetliner bombing that killed 73 people cannot be deported to Cuba or Venezuela, an immigration judge determined without ruling out the possibility that he could be sent to another country.

Judge William L. Abbott issued the written ruling Monday in the case of exile and former CIA operative Luis Posada Carriles. Abbott cited conventions against extradition to a country if a person is more likely than not to face torture.

and

Chavez Denounces Cynical Decision on Posada Carriles

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez called a US migration judge's decision to shelter terrorist Luis Posada Carriles for an indefinite period, "cynical".

The president disdained the court's explanation that Posada would be mistreated if extradited to Venezuela, where he is wanted for trial as the mastermind behind the 1976 blowing up of a civilian airplane.

Speaking at a rally to deliver resources for free health plans, Chavez cited the cases of torture by US military officers at Guantanamo Naval Base and the Iraqi Abu Ghraib Prison.

I hate to be the "cynical" one, but I have a feeling Mr. Carriles might die before he steps foot on another country's soil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join