It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunt for the Mongolian Death Worm...no, seriously

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

IT SPITS CORROSIVE yellow saliva and can generate electrical blasts powerful enough to kill a camel.

But the Mongolian Death Worm - a comic book-style beast documented in local texts and folklore - may have met its match.

A team of British scientists has set out to capture the elusive monster - and they plan to wrestle it to the ground with their bare hands.

The beast, which can grow up to 1.5m (5ft), has been written about by Russian scientists and there have been numerous sightings, although no one has ever captured or photographed it.

www.metro.co.uk...

Apparently, there is an institution called the Exeter-based Centre for Fortean Zoology devoted to studying mysterious animals. The only one of its kind in the world. I for one am highly curious as to what they will find.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
www.deathworm.co.uk

Another site (linked to by the news article posted by Jamuhn) which actually details the expedition, with some in depth info as to their itinerary, gear, and the group members.

They should be nearing the Gobi desert in a day or so, but their phone isn't working, so updates may be sporadic at best.

May they bring back a deathworm!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow wouldnt that be something. They plan to swamp it out and grab it with thier hands. Is that the best idea for something named death worm?
. Honestly though I hope he's right about his assumption.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i would like for them to find one and capture it but i don't think they will.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
in tequila the worms is always the best part........or so they say?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure NOBODY has anything to worry about, the scientists are perfectly safe.....the Mongolians have only been scared of this thing for centuries because they are such notorious wusses.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
good point spehno!

They eat curdled milk for breakfast!

They topple entire empires by supper time!

They use a small cow in place of a football!

These people are not known for their wussyness.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
2005 the year of sissification. Tell me how manly a metrosexual is. Give me the Malbrough man or Howie Long. These worms are for the sissified.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

good point spehno!

They eat curdled milk for breakfast!

They topple entire empires by supper time!

They use a small cow in place of a football!

These people are not known for their wussyness.

Thankyou, it means a lot from a member who I find to be respected all across this board. I really do appreciate it.

Anyway, I hope they do find this thing and at least take a picture before they are killed.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Spehno]

top topics

join