It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hi guys, im looking to purchase old and ancient books.

Anyone come across any useful links / shops to assist.

Any subjects considered. Mainly interested in factual works, history, biblical, templar that kind of stuff.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here are some links that may help, I don't know about real ancient books but copies of it will be more easier to find.

www.academicbooktrade.co.uk...

www.alibris.com...

www.archart.it...

www.buchstoff.de...

www.dovebook.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Old books (i.e. dealing with history, politics etc) tend to be pretty widely available, a trawl around some rare and second-hand bookshops ought to be easy enough (i found a lovely early 19th century book on the Napoleonic wars and another on "Unusual Things" both for a few pounds at a book fair).

Most things relating to the Templars have been reprinted (mostly in French though, since they seem particularly obsessed with them), or quoted from extensively in serious history books like "The Templars by Piers Paul Read".

If, however, you are after really ancient/rare/important texts you'll have to play very close attention to the auction circuits and be prepared to pay a very large sum of money. It tends to be only serious and wealthy collectors (or large institutions i.e. the British Library) that can get hold of these rarities. Also, be VERY wary of fakes, there are loads.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't know how old you want the books, but on our website we have a 20 year old banned book, so you can take a look if it interests you...

new topics

top topics

join