It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancy Fighter jets to energy rifles, stavatti has it all! *GOOD SITE*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Stavatti Corporation, maker of the F-26 Stalma.
Check this out, they're nuts!

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Can someone borrow me $35 mil?

From Site:
The F-26 STALMA (Short Takeoff Advanced Light Multi-role Aircraft) is an advanced, sixth generation multi-role fighter suitable for Direct Commercial Sales to U.S. and NATO/allies. Designed to replace F-16C and F/A-18C/E combat aircraft in U.S. and NATO air arms, the F-26 is a single seat, single engine, high performance weapon system incorporating variable geometry, supercruise, pitch/yaw thrust vectoring, integrated avionics, enhanced agility and low observability characteristics. Conceived for maximum performance and combat capability, the F-26 is designed for all-weather, supersonic operation at both low and high altitudes. Optimized for air-to-air interception, combat air patrol, air dominance, close-in air-to-air engagements ('dogfight'), carrier air defense, anti-shipping strike, wild weasel/anti-radiation strike, all weather precision attack, interdiction, battlefield close air support, suppression of enemy air defenses, tactical reconnaissance, conventional bombing and tactical nuclear penetration, the F-26 STALMA will counter threats to US and NATO allied air superiority.

Addressing a projected market need for over 6,000 multi-role fighter aircraft during the first quarter of the 21st century, the F-26 STALMA is anticipated to gain a 15% market share upon introduction. With a unit flyaway price in the $35 million class, Stavatti will begin manufacture of the F-26 in 2007 at an annual production rate of 100 units. Total program revenues are again estimated at $54.3 billion.

The aircraft will be produced in single place multi-role fighter (F-26A) and two-place tandem strike fighter/instructional trainer (F-26B) variants. The aircraft primary structure is conventional aluminum, titanium and stainless steel alloys in sheet or extruded form. Carbon fiber, aramid, thermoset and thermoplastic composites are employed as secondary structures. Approximately one third of the airframe consists of conventional alloy construction while two thirds of the airframe consists of composite construction by volume.

The aircraft is designed for an operational service life of 15,000 hours, accumulating an average of 500 hours per annum. Aircraft fatigue life is based upon 18,000 landings and fatigue testing to 75,000 hours. Service life of carrier variants includes 4,000 catapult launches and 4,000 traps. The airframe will exhibit load limits of +15/-6 to 27,850 lbs design gross weight and +9/-3 to 60,750 lbs maximum gross weight. Ultimate load factors are 1.5 times design load factors.

Other Facts:
-Clean F-26 RCS is on the order of 6 x 10-6 sq. m. The plane it's replacing (F-16) has an RCS of 2 to 2.5 sq. m.
-Originally competed for US Multi Role Fighter Project contract in '94 (canceled in favor of JSF program)
-variable wing sweep 5-70 degrees

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thats some pretty looking concept designs if I must say so. Great find Necro. Makes me wonder if the USAF/DOD has even looked or considered some of the aircraft concepts that this company has?!

Nice find.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i know, i posted about the stalma here long time ago, its a hoax plane, just look at it!.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger
i know, i posted about the stalma here long time ago, its a hoax plane, just look at it!.

$tranger? Is this just concept stuff or has any actually been built and tested....do you know? I just asking...its really the first time I have seen or heard of this company. Have you heard or learned anything more on this?
Thanks $tranger.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's listed in Janes.
fasttrack.janes.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks Necro. Thats pretty interesting....
I'm going to read up on this company....really surprised I still hadn't heard of them. Ahh, no matter....thanks again for the info and link.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
TIS-1 Laser Rifle

TIS - 1

The TIS-1 (Tactical Infantry System-1) is a gasdynamic laser weapon system conceived by Stavatti Corporation-Armament Systems Division in July 1999 in direct response to the Statement of Objectives corresponding to the LFLAN (Light Fighter Lethality After Next). The TIS-1 is a revolutionary tactical weapon system for the individual combatant that will deliver a first round probability of hit using directed laser light as the lethal mechanism in selectable bursts from 1 to 170 shots per minute in excess of 90% at a range of 500 meters and 60% at 1,500 meters.

A totally integrated, stand-alone personal tactical weapon system for the individual light fighter, the TIS-1 delivers a concise, directed lethal mechanism without dispersion or course deviation for over 1,500 meters. The TIS-1 is a weapon which delivers a lethal beam in the millisecond time-frame capable of penetrating medium material targets in all atmospheres and operational environments.

The TIS-1 Gasdynamic Laser Weapon System will function as a result of gasdynamic thermal pumping of a 10%, 89% and 1% mixture of Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen and Helium gas respectively. Initially contained at a state of thermal equilibrium at a high temperature (2,173K) and pressure (272 atm) within a gas reservoir heated by a radioisotope power cell offering a high energy density, the gas mixture is permitted (upon release of the weapon trigger) to enter a restrictive nozzle throat annulus whereby the gas will achieve local sonic velocity (Mach 1.0). Exiting the annulus, the gas is permitted to enter a supersonic expansion nozzle, consisting of an inverted aerospike configuration.

Within the expansion nozzle, the gas temperature and pressure will be significantly reduced (to 288.1 K and O.1122 atm respectively) resulting in the onset of a hypersonic gas velocity of 1,998 m/s (Mach 5.98). This rapid expansion process, occurring within the relaxation time of the upper and lower vibrational energy states of the gas mixture, results in the vibrational freezing of the gas molecules, thereby inducing a sequence of laser pumping cascading through a laser cavity of 40 cm length. Incorporating a resonance chamber consisting of both primary and secondary mirrors separated by a chamber length of 50 cm, the TIS-1 will provide a beam of 10.6 micrometer wavelength laser light for a duration of 0.35 seconds with a net energy output to target of approximately 1.9 kW.

The TIS-1 is capable of delivering up to 170 bursts per minute on fully automatic mode, or one burst per trigger release for precision sniping. Effective range of the TIS-1 is dependent upon dispersion of the 1.3 mm diameter laser beam over distance and is estimated at excess of 1500 meters. Powered by a radioisotope thermal energy source, the TIS-1 concept provides a practical directed energy weapon.

PROGRAM STATUS

Stavatti Armament Systems has completed the Advanced Design of the TIS-1 as a commercial undertaking. As an LFLAN candidate, however, Stavatti is awaiting the potential support of the U.S. DoD prior to initiating TIS-1 DEM/VAL. Stavatti views the TIS-1 as an advanced weapon to be fielded in the 2025 time-frame and is hence interested in confirmed DoD development participation.

A revolutionary weapon system which abides by the designs of Stavatti�s Integrated Warfare Vision, the TIS-1, or a derivative thereof, will likely be developed by Stavatti commercially to the production level within the next ten years in the event the U.S. DoD indicates no further interest. Stavatti views the TIS-1 as a potential core small arm of the Armament Systems.

PROGRAM COST

Total cost of the TIS-1 system is undeterminable at this time due to the potential for U.S. DoD participation in the development program. Please contact Stavatti for further data regarding the TIS-1.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You know Necro, the only real question I have is does this company have any prototypes of these weapon platforms in existence or is it all "paper and design."

I don't know.....you can have all the theoritical information and design but does all this equate to a working prototype? Not being skeptical but I am wondering if they have a real working model, per se'.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
holy pants that things gorgeous!

me likey very much!

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You know Necro, the only real question I have is does this company have any prototypes of these weapon platforms in existence or is it all "paper and design."

I don't know.....you can have all the theoritical information and design but does all this equate to a working prototype? Not being skeptical but I am wondering if they have a real working model, per se'.

regards
seekerof

Right now they say it is under R&D but a prototype should fly around 2004-5.

6th generation! Holy #!
The Stalma looks like something out of babylon 5

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, in light of current 5th Generation aircraft designs and a few being built and tested, etc., if Stavatti is boasting a 6th Generation aircraft.......that thing had better be able to do some outrageous things along with having some serious (!) gadgets. Some of the 5th Gen. stuff I have read about and seen test results, etc., they are simply amazing.....that 6th Gen. better be considered "godly!"

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
They say they are basically desining new weapons, radars and stuff for the airplane. Ex: They are designing a new SRAAM for the Stalma.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ahhh, ic.

Thank you for explaing that to me. To be honest Necro, I haven't had the time to read all the info you provided on them but am doing so now.

Thanks
regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ok.

ARMAMENT SYSTEMS

STAVATTI COMPACT SHORT RANGE AIR-TO-AIR MISSILE

Stavatti Armament Systems is developing concepts for an improved short range AAM to serve as a replacement for AIM-9 Sidewinder class AAMs. In the process of developing the F-26, it was realized that the AIM-9, even in its AIM-9X configuration, is a ridiculously outmodeled weapon. Originally developed in the late 1940's, the AIM-9 is the standard short range AAM worldwide, yet by Stavatti standards it is dimensionally huge, obscenely heavy, underpowered, poorly armed and generally in need of retirement. While it would be wonderful for the F-26 to have internal missile carriage (to reduce drag and signature) with missiles like the AIM-9 in service, the internal fuel volume lost is not worth internal carriage.

To rectify the situation, Stavatti is developing a new short range AAM which is compact enough for the carriage of six to eight in the internal weapons bay of the F-26S STALMA. This missile would have an overall length of 60 in, an overall span of 6 in and a launch weight of 80 lbs, of which 30 lbs will be of advanced annual blast-fragmentation type with proximity fuse. The missile will feature a thrust vectoring solid rocket motor. Maximum speed of the missile will be 3.0-4.0 MACH with a maximum range of up to 25 nm. The missile will employ an advanced IR/Coronal Discharge seeker head and standard NATO support lugs. Stavatti projects a market for over 10,000 units.

STAVATTI TACTICAL ARMORED GARMENT (STAG)

Stavatti Armament Systems is developing concepts for common affordable tactical body armor which incorporates pressurization, anti-g and chemical/biological/nuclear protection. Designated the STAG, this body armor is critical to the implementation of the Stavatti Integrated Warfare Vision whereby the combat aviator not only achieves air superiority, but is directly responsible for securing surface targets with a physical ground presence. The STAG will enable the combat aviator and regular infantry personnel alike to conduct sustained, guerilla warfare in urban, canopy jungle, desert and antarctic environments.

The STAG will be suitable for continuous wear within combat aircraft cockpits without hindering pilot flexibility or increasing workload. The STAG will feature an advanced, compact OBOGS, GPS/INS navigation, secure wireless and SATCOM communications and provide a stand alone HUD suitable for air-to-air and individual small arms ground combat alike. The STAG will protect the combat aviator from shrapnel and small arms fire endured both in and out of the aircraft. The STAG will provide operational provisions for the user for up to two weeks. By 2008 Stavatti desires to provide the STAG as standard F-26 equipment.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

For reasons of national security, as well as a general desire to preserve the human race, Stavatti refuses to market the F-26 STALMA to any of the following nations:

Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbajian, Belarus, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Mongolia, North Korea, Syria, Tarjirkistan, The People�s Republic of China, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Haiti, Liberia, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan and Zaire

LMAO!
No Stalma's for Fidel!

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Whoa, thats one bad ass jet. One question though, what is the design on top for? Camo to hide from bombers, what?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Camouflage, for above planes to see ground and the AAA to see sky. (the underneath is sky blue/gray)

top topics

join