It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one suspicious of fever promotions events, major investor Goldman Sachs card only.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I recently went to the Harry Potter experience with my kid.

I was staggered that the entire event was card only.

Thought of concern was that the credit card we used to purchase tickets to the show this information should have only been used for the ticket purchase.

I reluctantly had to use my card to but some gifts for the kids.

When I used the card independent of the ticket purchase, my details appeared on the point of sale screen and I was asked if j wanted the receipt.

I asked for a paper copy, the says the can email or text it. My knfornation was known with reference to the cc

I am suspect as this company fever, website: feverup.com...

Maintain all customers data to obviously data match by their credit card number.

This company in my opinion seem suspect, as a data gathering, using your meta data for who knows what.

To purchase tickets you need to log in by a social media account, or google login.

The seem to be becoming a major event data hub administrator.

This is really dodgy.

As reading their privacy policy, it does not reveal whybthey are data matching and cross referencing your data.

This is a wanky statement from their website. The word democracize, events. They seem to be trying to make the old way of ticketing seem like they are the good guys.

About Fever

Fever is the leading global live-entertainment discovery platform which has helped millions of people discover the best experiences in their cities since 2014. With a mission to democratize access to culture and entertainment in real life through its platform, Fever inspires users to enjoy unique local experiences and events, from immersive exhibitions, interactive theatrical experiences, and festivals to molecular cocktail pop-ups, while empowering creators with data and technology to create and expand experiences across the world.

I can see that this is why they want your data.

newsroom.feverup.com...

edit on 25-4-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

You are concerned that they keep records of your credit card usage? No purchases without records? That ship sailed off over the horizon long ago.

You have a credit card therefore you let companies track your purchases. You traded convenience for privacy. Do you have a cell or smart phone so companies can track your movements and even speed? Your car insurance company probably has a record of how often you speed. How do you think map apps get the traffic information?

Tracking is part of life. It has been ever since someone figured out how to do it.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

I am aware of all the tracking by various government entities.

Issue I have is we bought these tickets months ago.

My concern is they have referenced the credit card details to my personal details when I made a purchase.

The concern is they have illegally recorded the credit card number on Their system fir future use.

I Australia there is what is known as the privacy act.

The credit card information should not be used to reference at a future date. Unless I volunteer this information.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I would order a new card tbh. Then you shouldn't need to worry.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:22 AM
link   

But you have a credit card. You have already volunteered the information. You might need to actually read the credit card agreement.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seekshelter

And what exactly would a new credit card do? Still linked to the same person and accounts. As soon an you activate it, all the information is on the new number if it even changed.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Sorry to break it to you but you've already agreed to it. That thousand page "terms and conditions" that you ignored and accepted has that little caveat in it somewhere.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
a reply to: seekshelter

And what exactly would a new credit card do? Still linked to the same person and accounts. As soon an you activate it, all the information is on the new number if it even changed.

? They should change the account number and card number if you tell them it's lost/stolen. OP can simply ask them to change it if they didn't. Highly unlikely they would refuse his request. I think he should be fine regardless. It's no different than buying something from online.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You know you're right. We all know this...

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
😃

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Add to this another "Are you KIDDING ME??!!" moment.
Stopped at my banks drive thru ATM, needed cash for a birthday card. Stuck my card in an discovered screen had updates.
One of which is when I checked my balance it put that up on the screen in 3 inch letters for everyone else using other ATM's parallel to me to view!!

Heart attack central right there an now have to look for a new bank.
I get the whole going paperless, but going full bore irresponably stupid??
I see a lawsuit in their future.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   

And large festivals, foods, drinks...are bought by 'coupon books.

Keeps the $$$ safe, with only coupons for trade, and $$;I one place.

Same w cards. Easier, more secure. That's all. Soon, everything, everywhere....will require our "digital imprint"... only.

join