It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another person lights themselves on fire and dies on College campus, happened in Red Deer, Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burritocat
Why is everyone setting themselves on fire? Is this some sort of new tik tok challenge?

Don't you kinda hope so?

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Therealbeverage

Why is everyone setting themselves on fire? Is this some sort of new tik tok challenge?

Don't you kinda hope so?

Yeah. If all the religious idiots, terrorist lovers, and politicians set themselves on fire, there would be world peace, because everyone is sick of their nonsense. So maybe we should just let them all set themselves on fire, and grab some weenies and marshmallows.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

Tasteless, cold and just so you know: suicide is never a joke.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BukkaWukka

Never mind, I kept reading and saw the follow up post.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

Was there a thread about the first guy that did it a couple weeks, Aaron Bushnel?

If there was one, I missed it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Nevermind I found it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know I kind of researched this "burning yourself alive" fad a little bit today because it's just such an unbelievably harsh way to kill urself. Im sure most everyone knows how the smallest little burn on your finger tip feels from say a lighter or a candle or the stove so I just couldn't imagine the pain of your entire body and face and scalp feels like it really gives me the Heebie-jeebies just thinking about it.

Anyways I believed, like many other people I'm sure believed, that Aaron Bushnel was the first one that started this wave of protests of burning urself alive but in fact it happened a few months ago in Atlanta Georgia. I don't know why I never heard about this and I never saw a thread about it here on ATS (but I could be wrong maybe it was when we had to make new accounts, I don't know) .

A WOMAN who draped herself In a Palestinian flag stood in front of the Israeli embassy in Atlanta on a Friday afternoon in December of 2023 at around 12 noon and lit herself on fire, she obviously died as well. In the brief search I looked for a video of this pro-Palestinian woman burning herself but I could not find one, just some pictures of the aftermath of it.

Not sure how I didn't hear about this...

www.fox5atlanta.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Suicides of young people are way up since the Covid-19 Pandemic. Some are preferring to go out in a "newsworthy" way, instead of in the garage with the engine running, like a young neighbor of ours did last month.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Suicides of young people are way up since the Covid-19 Pandemic. Some are preferring to go out in a "newsworthy" way, instead of in the garage with the engine running, like a young neighbor of ours did last month.

I actually saved a friend's life about 25 years ago or so. We were all at the nightclub drinking on a Friday night like we usually did. One of our close friends, who showed no signs that night of being down or suicidal told us he was gonna take a cab back home to our "party pad" a place we all rented to party in, crash out at and a couple of our friends lived there most of the time. We were kinda surprised he was leaving without us because it was close to 2am and we were all gonna be leaving in 30-40 minutes anyways.

So we stuck around for 40 minutes or whatever until another ride came and picked us up and drove us to the house our other friend went to a bit earlier. We always parked in the alley of this house and when we pulled up and got out of the car we could hear a loud car running (he drove a suped up Trans Am) coming from the garage but the garage door was closed, but we could hear the car and see bits of exhaust seeping through different parts of the door. Right away one of out friends yelled out that "Dave" was trying to kill himself. The side door was locked and it was a big steel door that really took me and another guy several times to finally kick it in.

Inside the garage it was dark, filled with exhaust and you couldn't see anything, I remember we couldn't find the light switch or the door opener so I kind of just felt my way through the garage to the car, which was tuff because there was a bunch of other stuff in there. Got to my friend and he just a rag doll, pulled him out away from the garage to fresh air. He was unconscious and was foaming at the mouth I remember and couldn't even tell if he was breathing or not. We started CPR and an ambulance showed up real fast. Luckily he ended up living but they said another 5 minutes in the garage and he would have been dead. He got out of the hospital about 30 hours later and he said he didnt even know why he did what he did, he was so drunk and probably had been on marijuana and who know what else too.

Anyways ur post reminded me about my friend, whose still alive and doing good today that you just never know what going on in someone's head. Years later my friend said that he even might have not been trying to kill himself but was gonna drive to the store to get something to eat but ended up passing out drunk in the car after he started it up so who knows...
edit on 22-4-2024 by TheMisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I live a few hours from Red Deer. I hadn't heard anything about this happening.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Therealbeverage

Don't you kinda hope so?

Yeah. If all the religious idiots, terrorist lovers, and politicians set themselves on fire, there would be world peace, because everyone is sick of their nonsense. So maybe we should just let them all set themselves on fire, and grab some weenies and marshmallows.

I think actual religious people are too self centered to kill themselves. They need to stick around to spread the word. These suicides are suicides disguised as something else. I kind of get it. Be known as a "hero" because killing yourself for religious. If you have a regular ol suicide everyone will claim you're a selfish coward for killing yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join