It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letitia James tells judge to Reject Trumps $175 Million Bond

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

The judge didn't reject anything. The AG's office withdrew their complaint after an agreement was reached with Trump's team. Engoron didn't make any ruling.

Although, based on the questions he was asking, things weren't going well for Trump's team.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

The judge didn't reject anything. The AG's office withdrew their complaint after an agreement was reached with Trump's team. Engoron didn't make any ruling.

Although, based on the questions he was asking, things weren't going well for Trump's team.

“You didn’t win the war, we surrendered”

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetheart.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Looks like they reached an agreement on the bond conditions... and looks like it's already being discussed here. I simply could not believe the Easter Eggs the Trump team was putting in this case.

The $175m bond was bonded by a company that does not have the funds to guarantee it, and they were short about $40m from the $175m. Then it was found that the company kept all their money in a Cayman's account with no way to verify any of it. This, of course, also ran afoul of the NY laws saying all companies have to be licensed in the state, and have good standing with the state, which Knight doesn't.

Then they found another Easter Egg that said if the defendant should lose the case, the DEFENDANT will pay the $175m, not the insurance company, using this account in which he has the money. Only he had a couple of days to pull the money out of this account and move it elsewhere, following the judgment. Which means he could have lost the case, pulled the money out, Knight Insurance wouldn't have enough to cover it, and now the courts and the state would have to go after both of them to recover the funds that should already be in place.

It looks like they closed those loopholes, Trump can't move the money any more, he lost control of the account. If he loses the appeal, Knight has full control over the account and it will be used to pay back the penalty in full.

Any chance he gets, he tries to cheat more. Luckily, there are smarter people around, who know what they're doing.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What a wild imagination some of us have.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was gonna edit my post above but it was already long.

This isn't over, I feel. I think Trump still has plans on how to default on this payment even with these new guarantees. I think he still has a couple of aces up his sleeve.

Think about it: he has a $175m sitting in a Charles Schwab account. He can use that money, just withdraw it, and pay the bond in full. Instead he is going to borrow money and have someone else guarantee the bond, incurring him another 10-20% on top of that amount. Or more.

Now, he did lose control of the Schwab account and Knight has control over it, but he did get to keep the interest the account generates. So far, it's already reported to have added another $800,000 in interest. So if he loses the appeal, Knight will take the $175m, but he gets to keep two to three million in interest by that point.

Is it really worth it to get $2 to $3 million in interest, but pay an extra $20-25 million for another company to guarantee the bond?

There is something else fishy here, or he would have just paid the bond in cash and saved himself the extra millions in costs.

I guess we have to wait and see.

edit on 22-4-2024 by Mahogani because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

We just have waited and seen!

Thanks for playing.....

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You will Not have to Wait Long.......

twitter.com... 33ec6df26548c8a7facae7af346a%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.infowars.com%2F

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

You will Not have to Wait Long.......

twitter.com... 33ec6df26548c8a7facae7af346a%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.infowars.com%2F

This is the 2nd biggest scam perpetrated on the American people after the Covid scam.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join