It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In an Historic First, In N Out Burger Permanently Closes a Location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why don't we let CNN tell us why -

In N Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problem

In-N-Out is permanently closing one of its restaurants for the first time ever, announcing that its Oakland location will soon shutter because of rampant crime in the California city.

The burger chain said in a statement that “despite taking repeated steps to create safer conditions, our customers and associates are regularly victimized by car break-ins, property damage, theft, and armed robberies.”

“We feel the frequency and severity of the crimes being encountered by our customers and associates leave us no alternative,” said Chief Operating Officer Denny Warnick, in the statement.

Conservative pundit Benny Johnson got robbed while doing a story on the location -
INSTAGRAM

In N Out isn't the only one either

Starbucks, Target and other stores have closed in Oakland and other cities recently over concerns about crime.

Target said in September that it was closing nine stores in major cities across four states, claiming theft and organized retail crime have made the environment unsafe for staff and customers – and unsustainable for business.

Now, tell me how this isn't the consequence democrat/liberal rule and policy.

California, the Golden (Shower) State

edit on 4 19 2024 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It truly puzzles me that people are sick and tired of the Liberal policies that brought all this about, but they will still vote Democrat. People are fleeing states like California, Illinois and New York to get away from the crime and high taxes, but where ever they move, they vote for more of the same Liberal policies they are trying to get away from.

Somebody needs to tell them the definition of insanity.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Its like that clip of Jordan Peterson (back when he was in class teaching) talking about communism, and he touches on how kids in favor of it think that cambodia, china, soviets just didnt have the right person leading.

New state, new people, this time it will turn out different.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I knew before clicking the link this was about Oakland or Portland...

They never disappoint

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Probably an excuse to close due to the $20 hour fast food wage laws, maybe Panera bread will move in. You know for the new age bread lines.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

The employees at the location were transferred to other stores, so wages weren't the issue. It was the 1,000 plus car break-ins and armed robberies.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Its like that clip of Jordan Peterson (back when he was in class teaching) talking about communism, and he touches on how kids in favor of it think that cambodia, china, soviets just didnt have the right person leading.

New state, new people, this time it will turn out different.

That’s just next level insanity and sadly doesn’t surprise me.

Unbelievable what Cali has become. Although, Oakland has always been on the rough side for decades, it’s pretty much reached third world status now. You can’t have a functioning healthy city in that environment.

To bad about In n Out, I used to eat there a lot when I was young living in LA, Great burgers👍

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The left side of this site is strangely quiet on this one. I was hoping for at least some sort of comment - I guess they're still trying to figure out how to pin this on Trump.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
The left side of this site is strangely quiet on this one. I was hoping for at least some sort of comment - I guess they're still trying to figure out how to pin this on Trump.

Libs be like…..It was a mostly peaceful closing, nothing to see here.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would rather them lose their first store than Quantus Airlines losing their first jet liner.

In&Out could halve their business and that would only increase the lines and wait times, lol. I have never seen an In&Out without a line; sometimes going around the corner.

Straight "crack" burgers, hahaha.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

They're too busy taking on Whataburger in Texas to need the Lone Oakland store.

In N' Out may be a California chain, but it's the lost in time Republican California chain. Now its more or less a cult of the secret menu.

They don't give in to social BS.
No APP delivery, and even sued Door Dash for trying to add them.

It's exactly them to avoid high crime areas.

They win The California Award For The Chain Least Likely To Go Woke. They'd change John 3:16 to some Leviticus citation before they did that.

And for most part, no one really cares. I will still wait 25 minutes for the pretentious secret menu options that have green chilies.

Most amazing of all is that's still under $15.

Go In N' Out, and I don't think anyone wants to be in Oakland.
edit on 19-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Probably an excuse to close due to the $20 hour fast food wage laws, maybe Panera bread will move in. You know for the new age bread lines.

You really don't think this has to do with wages do you? One location in Oakland?

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The first In-N-Out I had ever been to was in Tucson when I went to the Mineral and Gem week about 6 years ago. It was the best burger joint ever. I wish they had these on the East coast near Boston.

The food was quality and cheap plus the staff were just happy and pleasant.

Oakland really lost a great fast food restaurant, just like all the other businesses that had to leave.

No other serious business will ever move there, let alone go back there again.

The whole city needs to be restored. They need to fire every town official, all of the court judges and install a legal system and police force that is strict, forcefull and effective.

They need to arrest all the gangs, thieves and criminal assholes and put them and the homeless to work repairing all of the damage that was done and build a huge shelter to house all the homeless.

If they do not take control of this city, it will just wind up burning down and killing more innocent people.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
But that's the whole point, the insane do not recognise they are insane even if they are shown the proof.

top topics

join