It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I saw about 30 UFOs in formation last night.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

I'd have to do some meditating to truly remember my experience but one thing that stands out was I was wholly convinced it was something unnatural until I heard geese calls on the wind. Just a brief memory of a magnificent sky, you know the one that occasionally happens when high pressure follows poor weather? Peach to pink/red then purple.

I'm not saying it was definitely birds but I would say it fits migratory patterns, the timing fits in terms of the hour and the month and to add Geese are very reflective. In my case I'm guessing the air was rather turbulent on that day way up there because the movements were somewhat freaky, looking back I'm surprised I heard them. That said their voices can be heard for miles apparently.

Not trying to convince you or anything
if I had to pluck numbers my own opinion would be there's a 60-80% chance it was birds, most likely Geese. I definitely agree about the noise although there's many factors with that too.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

I definitely agree about the noise although there's many factors with that too.

I agree about many factors like altitude. The goose makes noise during take off until they reach cursing or they scream all the way til landing? IDK. But I think when the flock catches the wind and starts somewhat cruising they do not make noise.
So, it is still can be a flock of birds as I look at the picture.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DaydreamerX

They're communicating during flight apparently, those further down the echelon encourage those further up towards the tip to fly harder/faster.

The V formation creates uplift for those towards the back making flight a lot easier, I'm guessing the switch out who leads occasionally.

When geese fly in formation, they create their own unique form of teamwork. As each bird flaps its wings, it creates uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in their ‘V', the whole flock adds at least 71% more flying range than if each bird flew on its own. Geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

Quora

It's a quora link... Not sure if they're allowed but I can't see why not. It often has very knowledgeable answers to queries. I didn't even consider Geese empathy when they fly, they're famed for their protective qualities. I didn't quote the whole answer but it's definitely worth a quick read.

I would say they should be heard, that said I've had a helicopter fly over me (Chinook) where I could see the lads on the inside but didn't hear it till they passed. That was on the coast less than a minute after rain with a strong southerly breeze and they were heading north. Chinooks are noisy and you feel them as they pass... Took me by suprise lol.
edit on 21-4-2024 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Great! Thank you RAY.
On a side note, I am thinking geese are wasting their breath by doing so. Why won't they let those who honking in a front to show to the rest how it's done properly? I am kidding..but again, thinking if the strongest species get to lead the pack, then these few geese might be the only ones to arrive..the lead will be loosing the sight of the rest of the flock. To me all makes sense right now))

Did not mean to derail the thread. Hence the question. One of the photos show V formation but double rowed. Is it a photo processing artifact?

edit on 23-4-2024 by DaydreamerX because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2024 by DaydreamerX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CataclysmicRockets
starlink satellites dont go in V formation
maybe just birds

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join