It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 emergency lines are DOWN across multiple states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   

A number of police forces across multiple states have reported their 911 emergency phone lines are down.

911 emergency lines are DOWN across multiple states

I just heard this on X and daily mail. Mods delete if it's already posted.
RawsAlerts on X

edit on CDT11America/Chicago232024202441720242024-04-17T23:09:28-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Pre Sabotage Tests ? Measuring Panic Levels? ⚠️

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The lines are down for cell callers, not land lines. Not that there are enough land lines left to matter anymore.

www.newsweek.com...

Of course it is a cyber attack. Only idiots would think otherwise.

The question is who did it? Chinese, Russians, Hamas supporters, Middle East nations, Iran
or
liberals preparing to shut down election day if things look too good for Trump

We will never know.
edit on 4/18/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: format

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Sorry. Basically impossible. We have multiple systems. We always have had, and are trained right on down to Ham radio systems.

EMT/911 Dispatch, Retired, City of Dearborn

PS...we ARE ALWAYS in comm w others despite the "phone lines", internet.
edit on 04241830America/ChicagoThu, 18 Apr 2024 08:45:18 -050045202400000018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In the past year there have been 'rolling blackouts' of the 911 lines. First, most of our area was out for a few days, then a couple of towns 30 miles away. Spokane got hit, and several areas in between experienced 'issues'.....it was beginning to seem like a test of some sort.

When a citizen can't call 911 in an emergency and has to look up the regular department number it hits home how reliant we've become on having an emergency number that can be dialed quickly-no phone book needed.

Defunding the police has made 911 pretty much useless in a lot of big cities. Spokane police couldn't respond to an armed intruder call because they didn't have any officers available recently.

Even though a lot of major crimes have been rebranded as misdemeaners and civil matters the crime rate is till climbing. You can only fudge the numbers so many ways until people begin to catch on.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

And those "other" #'s we have? They go out BEFORE our secure 911 lines!

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

And those "other" #'s we have? They go out BEFORE our secure 911 lines!

Not sure how that relates to 911 service going out for the average citizen who is in an emergency situation and there's no way for them to get ahold of emergency services?
There have been numerous outages across the country in recent weeks; in fact, the national news did a report on it tonight. Of course, they also mentioned how some politicians are saying our communications systems are increasingly vulnerable to cyber attacks, although that doesn't seem to be the case in the recent outages.

If you're willing to put your ATS tinfoil hat on, you might see how all of these outages are gearing folks up to realize we need new laws for anyone who'd do such a thing and a gov. branch to control all things internet.

The more they outages keep occuring, the sooner people will start screaming for big brother to spend a few million to fix the problem. The internet obviously need to be under gov. control.

/sarc.-for those who don't get it.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Let me just say...911 systems are run separately on isolated systems, integrated w State Police, FEMA, Homeland Sec These are always up.

So when you say "they" are down....where surely we are not...it just isn't that way. Nor are 911 systems designed the same.

We have integrated systems true, that run independently no matter what. They have too.

The US has alert systems and Emergency notifications avail 24/7 365 days. Never out,never off.

YOU...the public may have issues connecting....but we never sleep, we never close, never aren't there.

In a bad case scenario...we still got you covered with other established means. Security Clearance, not at liberty to explain further.

EMT/Adv Life Support/911 Dispatch, Dearborn Mi (retired)

CERT/FEMA/Dept of Homeland Security
edit on 04244630America/ChicagoFri, 19 Apr 2024 09:26:46 -050026202400000046 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Let me just say...911 systems are run separately on isolated systems, integrated w State Police, FEMA, Homeland Sec These are always up.

So when you say "they" are down....where surely we are not...it just isn't that way. Nor are 911 systems designed the same.

So....you're sayiing the multi-state 911 systems being down where citizens can't get ahold of emergency systems are irrelevant?
Still looks like a rolling test of some sort to me.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

No. Your comms, phone lines, towers...are your problems. We have independent of each other, systems.

Your contacting us is in question...not us reaching us and our ER responders.

We have land lines, radio comm, ham operators. YOUR... the Publix systems TO us...would go out. Not us...to each other.

I can't share further but know this:

All 911, TV tests, Alerts systems...thousands of them...run independent..THO YES CONNECTED... But designed to run with minimal effort.

Publix contact is screwed...not us. We're always right here.

911/EMT (retired) FEMA
edit on 04242030America/ChicagoSat, 20 Apr 2024 09:00:20 -050000202400000020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Sorry. Basically impossible. We have multiple systems. We always have had, and are trained right on down to Ham radio systems.

EMT/911 Dispatch, Retired, City of Dearborn

PS...we ARE ALWAYS in comm w others despite the "phone lines", internet.

You keep talking about "we" in your posts.

Who's we?

And who are the others you say you're in contact with?

There have been multiple 911 system outages but you say "well, "we're" up so all is well"???

Did you bump your head or something?

Your post makes no sense at all...

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It happened again here in central Wisconsin yesterday.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Publix contact is screwed...not us. We're always right here.

Which is exactly the point of this thread. Bully for you being one of the privileged that still can communicate if you need help.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Excuse me. Ok. Call 911..that'd be me (us).

1st Responder, EMT/Adv Life Support.
FEMA/Dept of Homeland Sec
Region 2 South, Wayne County, Mi

edit on 04245030America/ChicagoSat, 20 Apr 2024 16:32:50 -050032202400000050 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

My friend...just take care of yourself. Don't believe in antiquated er systems.

We're trying...

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Excuse me. Ok. Call 911..that'd be me (us).

1st Responder, EMT/Adv Life Support.
FEMA/Dept of Homeland Sec
Region 2 South, Wayne County, Mi

Umm...no.

I'm in NY. It's not you.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

*71 now and 911 is BEGGING me back even part-time for 911. ( In a ER...yeah, I will).

Well...we are everywhere, connected, patched, relayed, pushed...severely understaffed...but we're always up everywhere ..tho the Publix systems to us...may fail.

God Bless ya in N.Y.!

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   

*71 now and 911 is BEGGING me back even part-time for 911. ( In a ER...yeah, I will).

Well...we are everywhere, connected, patched, relayed, pushed...severely understaffed...but we're always up everywhere ..tho the Publix systems to us...may fail.

God Bless ya in N.Y.!

I've had good experiences with 911 in NY. I haven't needed to use it often but when I did need an ambulance once or twice over the years, the 911 dispatchers were terrific and the EMT's showed up very quickly.

Now I live literally 2 blocks from a major hospital so I feel pretty good about that part of 911.

As far as other stuff - we have a saying in our family:

"We are our own police"

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Evenin' my frequently astute friend!

The "we are our own police" thing? You better be! Theres a 99% chance in a real deal...we ain't getting to you. Medical n Police, you're on your own.

We do have the responders, not the dispatchers. Its not the EMTs in the rigs waiting..some places and times, swamped n slow of course.

In Dearborn here? 3-4 languages (tri lingual), 4 screens, 3 keyboards etc, etc, etc.

We serve Dearborn, Melvindale, Allen Park, Dearborn Heights, Inkster.

5 cities at once, languages, screens, rings and beeps.

One person. Maybe 2. Some better, not many.

Retired Responder (Now, I'm tired!).

new topics

top topics

join