It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NYT Reporter Attacks Scientists For Misleading Him Over COVID Lab-Leak Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

A former New York Times journalist has attacked a group of leading scientists for “clearly” misleading him over the Covid lab-leak theory in the early days of the pandemic.

Donald McNeil Jr said he became sceptical of the hypothesis the virus was engineered in a Wuhan lab after several top epidemiological virologists insisted it wasn’t possible.

Mr McNeil Jr said their efforts to throw him “off track” influenced the newspaper’s coverage of the theory and likely contributed to the topic being “dropped” for a year.

Who would have thought it that a fringe 'conspiracy' theory as the press & media called it at the beginning of the pandemic was to become the most likely scenario 4 years after the start of the pandemic.

A number of scientists, the US Senate, the FBI, the US Department of Energy, have all come to the conclusion the most likely scenario of the origin of the virus that causes COVID-19 is the lab-leak hypothesis.

Do you remember early in pandemic and up to 2022 what happened to anyone who was arguing the lab-leak hypothesis could be true. You were immediately branded a conspiracy theorist and were cancelled in the media.

The whole Wuhan market hypothesis was based on the paper called the Proximal Origins of SARS-CoV-2 and it influenced a large number of scientists and the media which based their belief in the natural spillover that caused the pandemic. Just one scientific paper! It was like the Gospel of Virus Evolution.

www.nature.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

It then emerged the authors of this paper considered the lab-leak hypothesis but didn't want to upset China and the political establishment! Another great example of 'the science' and of 'the great scientists'

edit on 17-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Technocrats gon' Technocrat

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I was certain by mid 2020 that it was lab made. I had found most of the information that was censored as fake that was later proven true. Three to four years after I did my homework, all my research came up again but as true this time around. There was even more that came out that I hadn't caught when I made the following thread back in July of 2020.

21st Century Pandemic Timeline
edit on 4/17/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

It's very important for their agenda that you don't think or question, just stare straight ahead and "listen to the science", to whatever it is that they feed you.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Is this some kind of half assed apology non-apology? Parroting what you’re told and pimping for the man when common sense would dictate otherwise.
Occam’s razor isn’t always true but it’s always a good place to start.
As soon as news broke that there was even such a thing as the Wuhan lab, all the lightbulbs in the world should have lit up.
Apology not accepted. Time to take your medicine.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju

It's very important for their agenda that you don't think or question, just stare straight ahead and "listen to the science", to whatever it is that they feed you.

Two different things:

Science

And... 'the science'

The latter hijacked everything in the last 4-5 years. See Covid campaign.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Is this some kind of half assed apology non-apology? Parroting what you’re told and pimping for the man when common sense would dictate otherwise.
Occam’s razor isn’t always true but it’s always a good place to start.
As soon as news broke that there was even such a thing as the Wuhan lab, all the lightbulbs in the world should have lit up.
Apology not accepted. Time to take your medicine.

I don't think it's an apology but rather than the reporter realising they gave her played by some of the scientists who they blindly trusted without giving the chance to other scientists to respond to the initial hypothesis.

You see, it's very difficult for someone to say I was wrong. And they were wrong (media) to push a hypothesis (natural origin of the virus) as a fact and then get crazy when someone pointed out this isn't a fact but a hypothesis.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

So a well-known fear-mongering journalist, and " A number of scientists, the US Senate, the FBI, the US Department of Energy ", are all telling us the truth now ?

Must be true !

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnowItAllKnowNothin

So a well-known fear-mongering journalist, and " A number of scientists, the US Senate, the FBI, the US Department of Energy ", are all telling us the truth now ?

Must be true !

They changed their mind when evidence was presented. Remember what was the original story? Your attempt to dismiss the potential origin of the virus is noted! But you base your argument on the lack of trust towards these agencies. The correct argument is that even these agencies changed their minds after the original scenario couldn't be proven where the bat was eaten by the pangolin which in turn eaten by a huge trilobite which in turn was eaten by monkeys that finally were eaten by humans....

new topics

top topics

join