It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afterlife, unknown, so prepare, or just go into the unknown (bad)!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kennyb75

Oh there are things i have unshakable faith in... Dont worry.

just not a man made anthropomorphic sky being that demands for all sort of commitment to appease his weak ego...

Doesn't sound right for me...

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

I've always wondered what consciousness really means, to me it looks like to be a part of or the universe itself a fabric...

Another mysterious or unresolved aspect of existence like ever-flowing time or emergence from nothing; probably all related at the deepest of cosmic roots where nothing seems to make any sense.

It doesn't appear to me as spatially dependent like physical vessels but something that coexists with eternity in some form or emerged at zero volume prior the creation of the universe(s).

I suppose it doesn't make a whole lot of difference whether or not something is continuously eternal or eternally recurring where more or less it is still something without beginning or end.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Oh there are things i have unshakable faith in... Dont worry.

just not a man made anthropomorphic sky being that demands for all sort of commitment to appease his weak ego...

Doesn't sound right for me...

Religion is a byproduct of our ability to think in the abstract. We spend a good deal of time there every day. We typically create something abstractly and then bring it into the physical world. Everything around you including your computer was once an abstract thought made real. This is our special talent over other animals, and we are so comfortable there that we smoothly blend our abstract world with the physical reality and see them as the same.

We invent millions of stories, millions of other worlds (DEC universe, Star Trek, Star Wars), and millions of others. We can do no physical things like math and physics etc. and it is as real as a stone lying on the ground. This is where religion comes in that we can create and turn into a reality that we see as real as math, and like our endless stories we have had a very long list of religions.

This is why things might not sound right to you, but we still look and wonder if it is real or not.

edit on x30Wed, 17 Apr 2024 07:25:31 -05002024107America/ChicagoWed, 17 Apr 2024 07:25:31 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Oh it is real... No doubt in that, but what it is, we're utterly clueless.

None of the explanation we managed to think up, holds water.
What I find rather fascinating is is that many share commonalities. Often only apparent when you strip away the human drama spun around basic physical concepts.
I've recently been reminded several times about religious ideas when reading about quantum mechanics.

Adhering to age Old concepts in the search of explanations to a phenomenon that still eludes our modern understanding of the world around us, is the literal definition of retarded...

It's just more honest to say we don't actually know... But I also feel that we actually could and that some scientific topics are avoided like the pest. It seems unscientific and not at all organic, considering our fascination with it...

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The eternal afterlife doesn't even make any sense. It's not like you can append eternity to something that has a beginning. That defies the definition of eternity among other things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join