It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songkran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 12:35 AM
link   
6 minutes ago
This month from the 13th until the 15th is officially Songkran or the water festival (however it usually starts on the 12th and goes through the 16th).. It is a time of purification and when it is expected the monsoon will switch so for the next few months it will be the rainy season. Considering this week has been over 100F with close to 80% humidity on several days and the morning temperatures at 0600 hovering around 80F it will be nice to get some rain and cooler weather.

I have gone to the golf course and the neighborhood and shot many many people with my high powered water gun that shoots a nice stream for at least 40 feet. I love the sound of squeals as they flee in panic !! Coming back home today two young girls on the side of the road throwing water onto everyone who passes. I let them throw and as they had no more water I opened my window and I let loose with a full auto stream and got them both as they fled in fear and squeals !! Ta Da!

So far I have stayed dry but my car is getting douched several times a day.. Not a good idea to be riding a motorcycle this time of year ! This is in Bangkok but it is pretty much the same in any village or city nationwide. youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This month from the 13th until the 15th is officially Songkran or the water festival

It’s Thai New Year. How long have you lived in Thailand?

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

This month from the 13th until the 15th is officially Songkran or the water festival

It’s Thai New Year. How long have you lived in Thailand?

1973 through 1976 and 2010 until now. We have a producing farm and my local golf course is only 8 minutes away. The small city is a 25 minute drive and living here has been a great decision for myself and my wife so I figure I will remain .. I do speak a passable version of the language and have many local nationals I consider true friends so...I/we be happy !

Next question is usually how much does it cost to live there.... Since I play golf 5 times a week (usually) and golf is not cheap I would not be a good guy to ask that question.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Next question is usually how much does it cost to live there

Not me. I've visited. No urge whatsoever to return.

top topics

join