It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning New Frescos Excavated in Pompeii

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I dig it (pun definitely intended) for several reasons.

First and foremost, that page of our history has always fascinated me to my bones. The fact that they are still uncovering pieces like these make me stop and wonder what else is out there that we haven’t found yet? Or what magnificent works have been lost forever that we will never see? There is still so much to discover.

Second, to the OP, frankly most of your comments in the more politically charged threads here make me think we’d have a hard time finding common ground if we were ever in a position to do so. But then I see THIS thread and I’m reminded that you, me… a lot of us who tend to have firm opinions actually have far more in common than not. And not for nothing, but the reminder is very welcome. It’s time for me to turn off the politics and go headlong into some Electric Universe or Human origin theories again for a bit.

Thank you for sharing this, Gortex. Much appreciated!
edit on 12-4-2024 by FloridaManMatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I just envision myself reclining on a couch while slaves fed me grapes and looking at those walls when I climax/ Not really but history could be more fun that we usually think.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join