It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy National Play Outside Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Another ridiculous proclamation.
Yes, we are now making holidays to get the little lard butts off their phones and outside to get sunlight and exercise.

National Play Outside Day is the first Saturday of every month. The next one is Saturday, April 6th, 2024.

What is National Play Outside Day?
On the first Saturday of the month, everybody in the nation plays outside.

This includes kids, parents, adults, families and grandparents.

There are no scheduled events or activities, just go outside and do something fun with your friends and familiy.

Mark it on the calendar for the rest of the year so you don't forget! Make it a monthly tradition

playoutsideday.org...

THIS OLD MAN sez:

When I was a kid, we were outside playing every single day, weekends and after school...until dinner time...and then back out, playing until it got dark. It was fun and made up some of my best childhood memories.

No wonder kids today are obese...that they need to schedule a special day to actually go outside and play.

Rant over.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This has been a thing for 13 years.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Many kids these days, if forced to participate in this "National Holiday", would be asking "What's taking those darn street lights so long to come on!"

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

It's important to never be too old to act like a child.

edit on 6-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: Wrong clip

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
yea i missed playing outside so much, I decided to get a job working outside. Now I am outside 12+ hours a day. My ten hoiur shift, and the couple of hours of day left at the end with my kids. Something energizing about experiencing the sun from sunup to sunset. I am dreading the Florida summer though. That is going to be some brutal work.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Parents should honor today by organizing a treasure hunt for their kids; hide their phone somewhere outside then turn them loose.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Same. I was told I had to be back before the streetlights came on
I can't imagine the same for kids today sadly, for some reason it just doesn't seem as safe either?

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Too little too late imo.

All the little "Evel Knievels" and "Damsels in Distress" are gone. All we have now is Evil and Distress because many parents these days shouldn't have been.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625
This has been a thing for 13 years.

He said he was old so he just hadn't gotten around to it yet!

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hear, hear!

I went to my favorite outdoor place today since I had to get out of the indoors. The daffodils, forsythia, weeping trees covered in pale pink flowers have miraculously appeared.

The back road was filled with cars where men were fishing in the stream and a lacrosse game was going on in a nearby field.

Viva the outdoors!

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Happy National Play Outside Day

TY...

Just finished planting the herb, garlic, more asparagus and ornamental corn in the truck patch. Still a "redneck"...

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hey at least it is National Play Outside day and not something ominous like EVERYTHING else these days...like Your Last Chance to Ever Play Outside...and Live Day, or Play Outside because Tonight You Die Day...seems like everything around this overhyped, apocalyptic, countdown to !?!? Eclipse Day is meant to terrify and put an end to any hope for the future. What's tomorrow!? Never Expect the Sun to Rise Again Sunday!?
edit on 6-4-2024 by AlexandrosOMegas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Too little too late imo.

All the little "Evel Knievels" and "Damsels in Distress" are gone. All we have now is Evil and Distress because many parents these days shouldn't have been.

I said I was "Awful Kanoffall" after my Evil Knievel attempts and mom popped our butt if she caught is flying thru the air like that.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I coach youth baseball, and we're outside for hours on end 4 days a week, weather permitting. We had two games today despite frigid 30 mph winds. No better place to be

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'm with you on this. Kids have no where to go play now days. And they can't get meaningful jobs until they are 16.
Between the ages of 12 and 16, they are stuck behind screens

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: nerbot
Too little too late imo.

I said I was "Awful Kanoffall" after my Evil Knievel attempts and mom popped our butt if she caught is flying thru the air like that.

I can't remember just how many forks and handlebars I broke soaring off ramps and how many times I went so far I'd hit the garage doors.

Man I flew. Bruises and cuts and scrapes were never as important as the grin factor.

I also built the first skateboard in the UK in 1978 before they were available to buy in a shop made from a plank of wood and an old set of roller skates like you clip onto shoes. One for me and one for a mate. Boy did we go places.

I relived those memories when the lockdowns hit and bought one to skate down the hill past my house on silent roads here in France. YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fifty-Nine-Teen and still alive and kicking.

top topics

join