It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Eye Supernova Erupting in the T Coronae Borealis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We've got a full solar eclipse going on, and a comet coming through called 'The Devil Comet', had an earthquake today where we usually don't get them, so why not add a supernova to the mix? Sounds like fun. Unlike the eclipse and comet and earthquake, a supernova is supposed to be a good omen. It is thought that the 'Star of Bethlehem' might have been a supernova. This supernova is expected between now and September. So keep an eye open for more information coming as it happens ... and keep an eye on the sky.

Star Map at the link -Naked Eye Supernova Erupting in the T Coronae Borealis

The stellar eruption will take place in a system called T Coronae Borealis, which is 3,000 light-years away from Earth. It contains two stars: a dead star, also known as a “white dwarf,” closely orbited by a red giant. Red giants are dying stars that are running out of hydrogen fuel in their cores; the sun in our solar system will eventually become one, according to NASA.

In systems like T Coronae Borealis, the two stars are so near to each other that matter from the red giant is constantly spilling onto the surface of the white dwarf. Over time, this builds up pressure and heat, eventually triggering an eruption.

At its peak, the eruption should be visible to the naked eye, Schaefer said: “It’s going to be bright in the sky, so it’ll be easily visible from your backyard.”

Astronomers predict that the nova explosion could happen anytime between now and September. The last time this particular star system erupted was in 1946, Schaefer said, and another eruption will likely not occur for another 80 years or so.

Astronomers around the world are monitoring activity in the T Coronae Borealis system. Once an eruption is detected, Schaefer said, the best and brightest views will likely come within 24 hours, when it reaches roughly the same brightness as the North Star. The outburst may remain visible to the naked eye for a couple of days before it begins to fade.

Even after it dims, skywatchers will likely still be able to spot the eruption for around a week using binoculars, according to NASA.

edit on 4/5/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Article says it will be a nova and not a supernova. Article says they are different.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Ok, here's my theory.

The vaccines were to implant a virus in to humans that will be triggered by a combination of the eclipse and something being scattered in the atmosphere by the tail of the comet.. The Zombie Wars will start and the nova will be a sign of the Second Coming, when Jesus comes back to save us all. The X of the 2 eclipses will fall across Western Kentucky, where I am, so...BRAIIINS

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
Article says it will be a nova and not a supernova. Article says they are different.

OOps ... you are right. I typed it too fast and put super in by mistake.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The difference being supernova is a one and done explosion...a nova occurs periodically for a time. Still pretty neat...and it helps that they can kinda time it...were as with a supernova its a lot more spontaneous and unpredictable.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

he vaccines were to implant a virus in to humans that will be triggered by a combination of the eclipse and something being scattered in the atmosphere by the tail of the comet.. The Zombie Wars will start and the nova will be a sign of the Second Coming, when Jesus comes back to save us all. The X of the 2 eclipses will fall across Western Kentucky, where I am, so...BRAIIINS

Well I think you may be on to something after all people don't think
I'm crazy for nothing.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So this happened 3,000 years ago but we'll just be seeing it between now and September. Always freaky to contemplate, IMO.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The nova will be produced by a white dwarf.

White dwarfs can also produce certain types of supernovae, although that's not what's going to happen here.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   

That’s amazing!
I named my Savannah cat Super Nova.
But just Nova for short.
Can’t wait!

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Ok, here's my theory.

The vaccines were to implant a virus in to humans that will be triggered by a combination of the eclipse and something being scattered in the atmosphere by the tail of the comet.. The Zombie Wars will start and the nova will be a sign of the Second Coming, when Jesus comes back to save us all. The X of the 2 eclipses will fall across Western Kentucky, where I am, so...BRAIIINS

As a Middle TN kid I know you folks up there get lots of Tornado's.. I have family near Cadiz. A bit cloudy here I might be needing a day or two to be able to see this naked eye one.

edit on 5000000343020244America/Chicago04pm4 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
So this happened 3,000 years ago but we'll just be seeing it between now and September. Always freaky to contemplate, IMO.

It seems so similar to contemplating time travel.

If the light we see from stars are recently arriving here from eons ago, how
do we know the stars are still there? So much for only trusting what we can see.
edit on 5-4-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 02:05 AM
link   

nova explosion could happen anytime between now and September.

September 6 is US release date for Beetlejuice sequel Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (oops, that's 3...) which is named after Betelgeuse (Orion's shoulder) and the closest candidate to go supernova in our neighborhood. That's a potential stunner in the "signs and portents" department and could happen any time really.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This is going to be brilliant

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I may try to get a photo of it! Need to get out more!

top topics

join