It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine recruitment USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Marines are not having a problem recruiting and there is a reason as their motto has always been do or die ( they did change that to succeed or die as a nice touch I suppose??).

Some of the best pilots I have flown with were all Marine aviators. A Marine is a grunt first (rifleman) and anything else is secondary. However the Marines usually have the worse living conditions of any of the services when not on a ship..

The Air Force would open a base and build the living quarters and officer and enlisted clubs and then end up several thousand feet short of the required length for their runway as they were out of money. Runways always got finished with more money added... Nice officer clubs were all the ones I was ever in.

Army and Marines would build the runway first while living in tents and that is where they remained until building materials could be scrounged !!
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 03:20 AM
link   
What are people fighting for these days? If some nation cannot sort its own mess out, why get paid by some corporate entity to protect their property? With how Aussie went in Afghanistan, the opium was more important than the kids. Sure things are changing. Signing up as a marine after Pearl harbor is not the same these days.

If effective change is to be made, go and live in a troubled part of the world, learn there ways while sharing yours. It is a risky role with how the terrorist label gets thrown around these days.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
What are people fighting for these days? If some nation cannot sort its own mess out, why get paid by some corporate entity to protect their property? With how Aussie went in Afghanistan, the opium was more important than the kids. Sure things are changing. Signing up as a marine after Pearl harbor is not the same these days.

If effective change is to be made, go and live in a troubled part of the world, learn there ways while sharing yours. It is a risky role with how the terrorist label gets thrown around these days.

I for one wish soldiers and weapons of war were no longer needed; unfortunately that dream of mankind has never been realized for all of recorded history.

If you want peace prepare for war and be glad there are those who are ready to fight for you and yours.

The reality of the human condition and society becomes real when the blade is held upon your throat by an uncaring enemy who's main goal is death to anyone who does not believe the way they do. Those who scream death to America or anyone else is not necessary joking as they wait for the means to carry out their deeds.

May you and yours live in peace and if not, may your enemies never see you coming.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I find myself wondering how embracing gender dysphoria in the Marine Corp will affect its numbers in the coming years. So far, it seems to have stirred up a bit of controversy in much of the military, with reports saying that it's the main cause of such low enrollment numbers.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   

May you and yours live in peace and if not, may your enemies never see you coming.

I have eyes in the back of my head to make it this far. The theory around the reverse time wave? Not looking at your enemy until the last moment has some weight.

I live in a neighborhood where it feels like you need to take your passport to go shopping. This is not a big brother vibe, they already have our phones. So many from the global diversity, it is like being at an international airport at times.

Conflict is written into the rules of DNA. Our strong ancestors gave us the strong bodies we have. The Olympics is one vent of this conflict, war is another. Money is one we all know.

Stand for what is right or bend to what is easy. Sucks to be Jesus before he was crucified. We would not be here without the repercussions of that decision.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Nice to see some positive news about New Recruits!

WOOOT!

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I thought the motto was, "Death before Dishonor" ?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Semper Fi.

or Semper Fidelis.

Always Strong.

Aways Faithful.

Those are the ones I know.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

GENERAL,

You are correct. And thanks for the correction.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

No worries whatsoever, happy to assist!

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I always thought it was "Mmmmmm Crayons!". I jest Marines are fine soldiers!

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Crayons are good for a lot more than just coloring books for kids during Christmas.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

As a FWIW, one statement I read regarding "Death before Dishonor" is that such was tattooed on the arm of Sergeant John Basilone before he was awarded the Medal of Honor for action in combat against Japanese troops on Guadalcanal. Per the statement, that is when it became widely known within the Corps.

No idea how true the latter bit is, but the statement regarding the tattoo is probably accurate.

Cheers
edit on 5-4-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Right on.

I agree with the sentiment entirely.

I would never betray my Country or my Homeworld.

War is absolutely murder on my head when the Big Boys get razzed up and TSHTF.

It's like the War of the Worlds, but Brother against Brother and I'm just Little Boots on the Ground.

edit on 4/5/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Jerry “Mad dog” Shriver- “I have them right where I want them, surrounded from the inside”.

Dude was a badass. Look him up on YouTube. He would go out in combat with pistols, crossbows, and a sawed off shotgun.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Let's not forget General "Mad Dog" Mattis!

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:23 PM
link   

That's because times are changing and ppl will soon find out there is no freedom wo Marines

new topics

top topics

join