It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Awakening in a Time of Mass Control

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Not bad.

Sounds more like a terrorist.

Fascism classically is aligned with a government or dictator. Not really Joe Q Public on the street.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well did Biden's Ministry of Truth ever take off or was that idea squashed!? The very thought of it was terrifying. He doesn't even know if he is wearing his own skid marked underwear and a diaper or his wife's panties without checking the tag...

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Why, what else is it supposed to be for?

So you agree, propaganda is a form of social engineering. Previously you said there was no social engineering.

I rest my case.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

I too have noticed sites/articles I previously used to prove a point (conservative) from mainstream news have now disappeared from search engines. To find them I may have to wade through pages and pages of irrelevant liberal brainwashing to get to the original articles, if I find them at all.

Try using the TOR browser and the DuckDuckGo search engines.

You'll be amazed at what you can find.

And using TOR makes you completely anonymous. You can't be back tracked without very sophisticated tools and a lot of work on the back trackers part.

TOR Browser

edit on 3/31/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BduardErnstein

Who cares , are you hiding anything ?
Do you traffic for nefarious reasons ?
I could care less who spied on me , because we are all spied on & Im glad big brother keeps an eye on the lunatic of society.
Do you know any lunatics that you converse with online ? Do you visit lunatic sites ?

So bleated the sheep...

You are what's wrong with our society today.

You don't speak for me.

So go ahead and open your doors and windows and invite everyone in.

Just tell us where to send flowers or who should bail you out.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Fascism classically is aligned with a government or dictator. Not really Joe Q Public on the street.

From where do you think the government or dictator derives power, if not from the street? A fascist dictator is always a fascist before he becomes a dictator. He rises to power on the backs of the lumpenproletariat − mobs of angry, unruly, ill-educated young men who are falling behind in the economic and social competition and are easily convinced that their failure is not due to any inadequacy of their own but to the machinations of those alien interlopers I mentioned earlier.

The similarity you perceive between fascism and terrorism is quite legitimate. You have undoubtedly heard the term ‘Islamofascism’, originally coined in the late 1970s to describe Khomeini’s rule in Iran. Other terrorist movements, such as the New Order in Italy during the so-called ‘years of lead’, or the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka during the late twentieth century, also had fascist elements.

Nevertheless, there is an important difference between the terrorist and the fascist. The terrorist believes that he is fighting against a powerful, oppressive state, which may be either the established government of his country or some foreign coloniser. The fascist, by contrast, conceives of his enemy as a furtive, secretive fifth column whose leaders manipulate the strings of society and the economy to their own advantage from behind the scenes.

Their methods, too are very different. The fascist always seeks to capture the state; the terrorist, although he may claim that his goal, too, is state capture (see, e.g., ISIS’s ostensible aim of founding a transnational Islamic caliphate), is really only interested in terror. This, by the way, is the reason why ISIS and the Taliban are sworn enemies; the latter are (and have always been) Pashtun-supremacist fascists who seized control of the Afghan state, which was effectively leaderless before they captured it, while the former are, despite their dreams of a global caliphate, terrorists who have no programme of government except the imposition of Sharia law. That is why the ISIS ‘caliphate’ in Iraq and Syria was less than an eyeblink in history; terrorists have no programme but terror, and their ultimate aim is not world domination but martyrdom.

You might say that fascism is to terrorists what the YMCA is to juvenile delinquents; it gives them a sense of belonging, an easily understood sense of purpose and a channel for their youthful, potentially anti-social energies.

Or you could say, over-simplistically but with some justice, that a terrorist is just a fascist without a state.

edit on 1/4/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

So you agree, propaganda is a form of social engineering. Previously you said there was no social engineering.

I said there was no social-engineering agenda of the kind described in the OP.

I rest my case

You have no case. Go back and read everything I have written here, not just the post addressed to you.

edit on 31/3/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
a reply to: BduardErnstein

Who cares , are you hiding anything ?
Do you traffic for nefarious reasons ?
I could care less who spied on me , because we are all spied on & Im glad big brother keeps an eye on the lunatic of society.
Do you know any lunatics that you converse with online ? Do you visit lunatic sites ?

So bleated the sheep...

You are what's wrong with our society today.

You don't speak for me.

So go ahead and open your doors and windows and invite everyone in.

Just tell us where to send flowers or who should bail you out.

Paranoia serves no one , because if we are as controlled & spied on as you think , there is nothing anyone could do about it anyway so why use conjecture to chase doom & gloom that isn’t as widespread as you think .
Enjoy life & quit screaming at the wind

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Bertrand Russell understood the nexus between fascism and terrorism very well.

The first step in a fascist movement is the combination under an energetic leader of a number of men who possess more than the average share of leisure, brutality, and stupidity. The next step is to fascinate fools and muzzle the intelligent, by emotional excitement on the one hand and terrorism on the other. This technique is as old as the hills; it was practiced in almost every [Ancient] Greek city, and the moderns have only enlarged its scale. − Bertrand Russell, ‘Freedom & Government’ (1940), Collected Papers

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
I said there was no social-engineering agenda of the kind described in the OP.

What you say and what is factual reality are clearly two very different things.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

What you say and what is factual reality are clearly two very different things.

Be that as it may, the person I was replying to was talking about what I said.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

I could not get TOR to download.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

I could not get TOR to download.

You clicked on the "Download Tor Browser" box in the upper right corner of that page?

What happens when you click it?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join