It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from the Northern East Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hello ATS. Neil from the northern east coast of the US here. Been writing on forums for a couple of decades or so. Most of which are now either dead and/or defunct more or less. I mostly frequent general writing, occult, or philosophy forums. A friend told me about this place from the last lifeless limping forum I was at.

Been doing a lot of creative writing lately. I enjoy an eclectic array of music and have been known to incorporate that into my writing as well and of course the usual forum exchanges which I presume would be the norm here.

I see this place has a little bit of everything, which is good, and when the feeling moves me, I shouldn't have any trouble at all finding an appropriate outlet.

— CCoburn

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CCoburn

Welcome! We love good writers!

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

I'm always writing new stuff, but I'll probably pick a favorite from my library to get started. I was going to post in the automotive section about my new spark plug and ignition coil project for today(remedy for error code P0303), but the new thread option just brings up a blank page.
edit on 30-3-2024 by CCoburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
For some sections I'm getting a blank page when trying to create a new thread. The last was Origins and Creationism.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Welcome to the site.

I write too, but I write like crap.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You need a certain number of posts before being able to create a thread here. It used to be twenty.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Yeah that makes sense. It was just the option that I found to create threads from within a thread but nothing else without any explanation plus the blank page thing I guess is what threw me off.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Welcome, Nietzsche.

This is exactly like a site where Zarathustra is suggested reading, only it doesn't realize it yet.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Nice avatar, and yes I'm guilty as well. I actually know very little about him and he just started popping up a few years ago when I was playing around with eternity.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Welcome!

I was just responding to an old thread about Coral Castle in Florida and the secret life of its builder Ed Leedskalnin a couple days ago.
Ed was born in 1887 same year as the spark gap technology was invented.
Coral Castle appears to be built later at the intersection of several Ley lines one of which passes through Dublin Ireland.

Read that in April 1934, W.W. McDowell, the US Minister for the Irish Free State, died at an event in the throne room of Dublin Castle.

Ed wound his own coils and probably told people he was transmitting from Ireland to avoid being recognized as an over powered pirate radio station.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skinnerbot

Ed was born in 1887 same year as the spark gap technology was invented.

That's a nice coincidence, although I have been talking about it a bit here and there the past few days.

I was out driving last week when the check engine light started blinking and I got this weird message about reducing power or shifting up. The car made it a couple more miles before breaking down completely.

I recall the spark plugs came up in the service schedule a few months back but I just ignored it and figured I'd get to it eventually. Apparently the plugs didn't like being ignored and one malfunctioned and fried its ignition coil and ultimately blew the fuse to all the ignition coils effectively disabling the car, at least that's my theory anyway.

All is good again though now and as soon as I log off here I'm going out to replace the final three plugs and go for a test drive although it's actually more of a "joy ride" as my girlfriend calls it. I find her terminology to be slightly annoying but she's right.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I just noticed it because it reminded me of the image in every a Nihilism Red Pill Meme. Often posted by people that epitomize slave morality. Go figure.

And I always think he looks like an antiquated serial killer.
edit on 2-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

He does look like an oddball, and staches aren't really a thing anymore. I have been going through a lot of avatars lately at the other place and this was the last so I'll probably be changing it soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Welcome friend. I am new here as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMez

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join