It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge of good and evil.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HighEQ

Yes, now fear me and save yourself.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: HighEQ

Nobody likes silly questions leading to nothing. It's not me, it's you.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Usually when people see something as bad they want to get rid of it or destroy it. It's a human thing. When something is considered not good there must be something done about it. Call it problemsolving, but this can lead to many problems when a person is considered a problem by someone and needs to get disposed of.

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7;2

So when you're of the judgment someone needs to die.

but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” Genesis 2;17

God had it all figured out, these humans will kill themselves when you allow them to have a judgement.

Eating from the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil really made us insane incompetent imbeciles.

edit on 1712468845412amSun, 07 Apr 2024 00:47:25 -050004America/Chicago07 by Unharmed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   

It's all good man.
edit on 4/7/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unharmed
Worldwide it is published the fruit of knowledge of good and evil brought death into the world. The contrary is the fruit of the spirit which is loving and kind.

"The fruitage of the spirit" (holy spirit; which is God's active force) is contrasted with "the works of the flesh" (Gal 5:13-26). Here is how it is explained...

Galatians 5:13-26

You were called to freedom, brothers; only do not use this freedom as an opportunity to pursue fleshly desires, but through love slave for one another. 14 For the entire Law has been fulfilled in one commandment, namely: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If, though, you keep on biting and devouring one another, look out that you do not get annihilated by one another.

16 But I say, Keep walking by spirit and you will carry out no fleshly desire at all. 17 For the flesh is against the spirit in its desire, and the spirit against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you do not do the very things you want to do. 18 Furthermore, if you are being led by spirit, you are not under law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed to the stake the flesh together with its passions and desires.

25 If we are living by spirit, let us also go on walking orderly by spirit. 26 Let us not become egotistical, stirring up competition with one another, envying one another.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

Concerning the topic of Adam and Eve eating from "the tree of the knowledge of good and bad" (Gen 2:17):

After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit (Ge 2:17; 3:5, 6), Jehovah said to his associate in creative work (Joh 1:1-3): “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad.” (Ge 3:22) This apparently did not mean merely having knowledge of what was good and what was bad for them, for the first man and woman had such knowledge by reason of God’s commands to them. Furthermore, God’s words at Genesis 3:22 could not pertain to their now knowing what was bad by experience, for Jehovah said that they had become like him and he has not learned what is bad by doing it. (Ps 92:14, 15) Evidently, Adam and Eve got to know what was good and what was bad in the special sense of now judging for themselves what was good and what was bad. They were idolatrously placing their judgment above God’s, disobediently becoming a law to themselves, as it were, instead of obeying Jehovah, who has both the right and the wisdom necessary to determine good and bad. So their independent knowledge, or standard, of good and bad was not like that of Jehovah. Rather, it was one that led them to misery.​—Jer 10:23.

Source: Knowledge (Insight on the Scriptures)

Will Being a Good Person Guarantee a Secure Future?

Many have seen that religion has not always made people better. “I got involved in a religious organization and became a director of youth activities,” says Etsuko, a woman who lives in Japan. “I was shocked to see the loose morals, power struggles, and dishonest use of funds by those involved in my religion.”
WHY BEING A GOOD PERSON IS NOT ENOUGH

Being a good person is important, but it is not enough to guarantee a secure future. Why not? Consider what the Holy Writings tell us.

PEOPLE CAN BE MISTAKEN ABOUT WHAT IS GOOD OR BAD

“There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.”​—PROVERBS 14:12.

History is full of examples of people who pursued a course that they were convinced was good, only to find out that they were wrong. Good intentions do not shield someone from the consequences of bad decisions.

It happens a lot when these types become more numerous and succesful with their propaganda:

“Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good,

Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness,

Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those wise in their own eyes

And discreet in their own sight!” (Isaiah 5:20,21)

The promotion of various forms of pride these days is a good example: racial pride (black pride, white pride, Asian pride, Latino pride), LGBTQ pride, feminist pride (being a woman is not an accomplishment of any kind that warrants taking pride in it anyway, just like being of a particular race isn't), male pride, etc.

Pride (Insight on the Scriptures)

Inordinate self-esteem; an unreasonable feeling of superiority as to one’s talents, beauty, wealth, rank, and so forth; disdainful behavior or treatment; insolence or arrogance of demeanor; haughty bearing. Pride can, more rarely, have the good connotation of a sense of delight or elation arising from some act or possession. Some synonyms of pride are egotism, arrogance, haughtiness.

The Hebrew verb ga·ʼahʹ literally means “grow tall; get high” and is the root of a number of Hebrew words conveying the idea of pride. These related forms are rendered “haughtiness,” “self-exaltation,” and, in both good and bad senses, “eminence,” and “superiority.”​—Job 8:11; Eze 47:5; Isa 9:9; Pr 8:13; Ps 68:34; Am 8:7.

The Greek word kau·khaʹo·mai, meaning “boast, take pride, exult,” likewise is used in both a good and a bad sense, the usage being determined by the context.​—1Co 1:29; Ro 2:17; 5:2.

Pride Is Deceptive and Destructive. The proud person may not recognize that he is proud and may attribute his actions to other causes in order to avoid facing the fact of his pride. Each person should examine himself and his motives thoroughly to determine whether he has this bad trait. The apostle Paul shows the need for the right motive, and the knowledge a person should have of himself in this respect, when he says: “If I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body, that I may boast [kau·kheʹso·mai], but do not have love, I am not profited at all.”​—1Co 13:3.

Pride should therefore be rooted out of one’s personality for one’s own benefit. More important, it must be done if a person hopes to please God. One must even come to hate it, for God’s Word says: “The fear of Jehovah means the hating of bad. Self-exaltation and pride and the bad way and the perverse mouth I have hated.”​—Pr 8:13.

The individual who does not get rid of his pride will suffer. “Pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit before stumbling” (Pr 16:18), and “the house of the self-exalted ones Jehovah will tear down.” (Pr 15:25) There are a number of examples of the crash that proud individuals, dynasties, and nations have suffered.​—Le 26:18, 19; 2Ch 26:16; Isa 13:19; Jer 13:9; Eze 30:6, 18; 32:12; Da 5:22, 23, 30.

Pride is deceptive. The apostle Paul counsels: “If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind.” (Ga 6:3) The proud person seems to be taking the way most beneficial or profitable for him, but he is leaving God out of account. (Compare Jer 49:16; Re 3:17.) The Bible says: “Better is it to be lowly in spirit with the meek ones than to divide spoil with the self-exalted ones.”​—Pr 16:19.

Prejudice and Discrimination—Getting to the Roots (Awake!—2009)

Getting to the Roots

Prejudice causes people to distort, misinterpret, or even ignore facts that conflict with their predetermined opinions. Prejudice may have its beginnings in seemingly innocent, but misguided, family values, or it may be sown by those who deliberately promote warped views of other races or cultures. Prejudice can also be fostered by nationalism and false religious teachings. And it can be a product of inordinate pride. As you reflect on the following points and on pertinent principles taken from the Bible, why not examine your own attitudes and see if changes are in order?

Pride. In the form of inordinate self-esteem or haughtiness, pride can make a person more susceptible to prejudice. For example, pride can cause a person to be prone to feelings of superiority or disdain toward the less educated or the materially poor. It may also make him inclined to believe propaganda that elevates his national or ethnic group. Clever propagandists, such as Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler, have deliberately nurtured national and racial pride to rally the support of the masses and to malign those considered to be different or undesirable.

What does the Bible say? “Everyone that is proud in heart is something detestable to Jehovah.” (Proverbs 16:5) “[Do] nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with lowliness of mind [consider] that the others are superior to you.” (Philippians 2:3) Ask yourself: ‘Do I take secret delight in flattering comments about my own race or ethnic group or in disparaging remarks about others? Am I inclined to be jealous of those who have talents that I lack, or do I take genuine delight in their abilities?’

Yes, for good reason the Bible cautions: “More than all else that is to be guarded, safeguard your heart, for out of it are the sources of life.” (Proverbs 4:23) So view your heart as truly precious, and let nothing corrupt it! Instead, fill it with godly wisdom. Then, and only then, will ‘thinking ability and discernment safeguard you, to deliver you from the bad way, from the person speaking perverse things.’​—Proverbs 2:10-12.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
It seems that knowledge is the evil part. Ignorant bliss is the good part. Is there good and evil in the animal world? The apple from the tree of knowledge took Man from that ignorant bliss world to never return.

Constructive Vs Destructive . Guess which one has the Moral High Ground there ?

edit on 7-4-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Good lives with evil. Seeing good for evil and evil for good you've got it all mixed up.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Constructive Vs Destructive . Guess which one has the Moral High Ground there ?

Mix the two so they level out and you have a human.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Good lives with evil. Seeing good for evil and evil for good you've got it all mixed up.

It seems you can't have good without evil to show what good is.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Knowledge of good and evil is how we stand in life, it is the root of the reality we experience, everything about humanity is based on it. It's a part of us that acts like a looking glass through which we look and base our experience of life on. It's a filter altering our memories and emotions, it is who we are.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Knowledge of good and evil is how we stand in life, it is the root of the reality we experience, everything about humanity is based on it. It's a part of us that acts like a looking glass through which we look and base our experience of life on. It's a filter altering our memories and emotions, it is who we are.

It is a perspective we all see individually because what is one person's evil is another person's good. Just like in war, the good side is the side that wins.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck
I have been thinking along the line that original sin was a set up by God with Satan playing the patsy.

We have Adam and Eve, the first humans created, born into a garden paradise without knowledge of good and evil. Like innocent children they live sheltered lives and when God placed the tree of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil in the garden, it was what I consider an "attractive nuisance". Tell them not to eat it then put it right out where it can tempt them daily, and if that wasn't enough, let's have Satan talk them into being disobedient and eating the forbidden fruit.

Then the wrath of God comes down, makes mankind mortal, and kicks them out of paradise to live a miserable life away from his presence. Now, exposed to all the evil sins of the universe without God's protection or influence, man becomes a bunch of filthy animals.

It's like putting the cookie jar out on a table and telling your children not to eat any cookies. Then when you catch them eating the cookies, you kick them out on the street in Chicago or Detroit as punishment. Way to treat your children God, great father figure to model our lives by.

Ignorant pride makes people say what you just did, making the OP's point in spades.

And you didn't even realize it, another point the OP made.
HAHA

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join