It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winston Churchill's UFO cover-up as declassified 'X-files' show ex-PM's fears over leaks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

FYI…The person helping me was …. Katherine Thompson. No problems at least with me.

👽☕️🍩

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

FYI…The person helping me was …. Katherine Thompson. No problems at least with me.

👽☕️🍩

Yup, she's the one - here's how she responded to me asking for a .pdf.

SharePoint works by sending you a link to the folder containing the photographs; click on the link, and you should be able to download the photographs. The reason we use a sharing site is that sending photos via email tends not to work, as the images are usually too large. A press cutting, in this case, is just a photograph of the page from the newspaper where the article appeared.

I was totally confused at that point and just plainly asked for her to send me the .pdfs and then she never responded again.

Why didn't she just send me the online fillable form? Why?
edit on q00000011430America/Chicago1515America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Did you use the magic words “Please” “Kindly” “Respectfully” communicating with her…Hmmmm?

😆

👽☕️🍩
edit on 2-4-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So I just wanted to compare Mario Livio's interpretation of the essay with ours and he pretty much sums up what I thought of it.

Churchill's essay is testament to how he saw the fruits of science and technology as essential for society's development. When he helped to establish Churchill College at the University of Cambridge, UK, in 1958, he wrote7: “It is only by leading mankind in the discovery of new worlds of science and engineering that we shall hold our position and continue to earn our livelihood.”

Yet he was also concerned that without understanding the humanities, scientists might operate in a moral vacuum. “We need scientists in the world but not a world of scientists,” he said8. In order for science to be “the servant and not the master of man”, he felt that appropriate policies that drew on humanistic values must be in place. As he put it in a 1949 address to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's convocation: “If, with all the resources of modern science, we find ourselves unable to avert world famine, we shall all be to blame.”

Churchill was a science enthusiast and advocate, but he also contemplated important scientific questions in the context of human values. Particularly given today's political landscape, elected leaders should heed Churchill's example: appoint permanent science advisers and make good use of them.

www.nature.com...

I could not help but start thinking about AI when he mentioned the "the servant and not the master of man" part.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   

What I found interesting about it was the timing. If you read about that period in Churchill's life, he's a busy boy. After his political exile he is on the verge of vindication, the Nazis are demonstrating that they are every bit the monster that he had been telling everyone that they would be and soon the entire country would be turning to him to make the hard decisions. His "Wilderness Years" hadn't been spent thumb twiddling, so assured was he that he knew what was rising, he had been networking, acting as an intelligencier and he had, at hand, brilliant minds. He was merely waiting for the authority to deploy them.

So, I wonder, with that in mind, how aware he was of the various rocket programs going on around the world - In the US both Goddard and Parsons had made major leaps in the 1930s. As had the French and of course the Germans, none of it was particularly secret, though Goddard was quite guarded, Parsons maintained contact with both him and overseas rocketeers. Information moved relatively freely until...

And then you compare it to the opposition, Hitler and the Nazi elite's reliance on pseudo-science, folk lore and magical thinking. Grasping for a mythical past with which to control the future.

I don't know, for me, I found myself softening to Churchill a little reading these essays. At that moment in time, he really was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders but mainly because he had, as these essays demonstrate, taken the time to genuinely, and to the best of his ability, understand it.

Either way, far more interesting than I had anticipated it being.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

It almost seemed as if his desires for a better world or for humanity's survival went beyond this planet and out into the universe as our only salvation. Quite depressing a thought IMO, if indeed that was the true sentiment of his, that I felt while reading that essay.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Did you use the magic words “Please” “Kindly” “Respectfully” communicating with her…Hmmmm?

😆

👽☕️🍩

What makes you think I wasn't? Oh, yes, that's because you only know me on ATS, that speaks volumes of how people get wrong impressions of others through being anon and on a 'special' site such as ATS. Need I say more?
edit on q00000003430America/Chicago4242America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Ok Sybil…simmer down…😄

👽🥂

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Ok Sybil…simmer down…😄

👽🥂

Sure, whatever rings your bell Ophi. In fact, that representative was describing a press clipping, which I now realize may be in a photographic form, so here is the order number if you want to order that as well: press cutting of the second article, and that is CHAR 8/703/2.
Anyway, what was your take on the essay?

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I have some traveling by air I have to do …..I’m holding off from reading both essay drafts, in there entirety, on the plane, til then.

Going to see the eclipse in it’s entirety………can’t wait to see if UAP’s are spotted and photographed and videoed and uploaded to ATS….. I hope.

👽☕️🍩
edit on 5-4-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I have some traveling by air I have to do …..I’m holding off from reading both essay drafts, in there entirety, on the plane, til then.

Going to see the eclipse in it’s entirety………can’t wait to see if UAP’s are spotted and photographed and videoed and uploaded to ATS….. I hope.

👽☕️🍩

If you see an UAP have you planned how to photograph/videotape it?
edit on q00000037430America/Chicago5555America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

👽☕️🍩

If you see an UAP have you planned how to photograph/videotape it?

Welp safety for my eyes is paramount. Our local libraries are handing out free solar eclipse glasses. I have an extra pair to cut out the lenses and place one lens over the camera lens of my crapple iPad.

That’s all I got to take vids or pics. No highend camera gear.

My better half will be with me and use her Samsung Galaxy to shoot pics and vids.

👽

edit on 5-4-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Good luck to you both with the eclipse and capturing pics/vids of UAPs.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   

It almost seemed as if his desires for a better world or for humanity's survival went beyond this planet and out into the universe as our only salvation. Quite depressing a thought IMO, if indeed that was the true sentiment of his, that I felt while reading that essay.

I am not sure Churchill's vision of a "better world" constituted a better world for the majority of us. All things considered and judging him by his actions rather than his increasingly empty words, he left this world a much worse place than he entered it.

Interesting article

www.spectator.co.uk...

At £7,000 to £12,000 a pop for each article he wrote at that time, and given the debts that he had racked up, perhaps he was just grasping for ideas at that time. He was a good writer, no doubt about that, he can even - still - fool someone as jaded as me to his memory...for a while at least.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It seems acceptable today that any political candidate or politician produce their own writings and get them published. Although I believe the reasons for doing so are varied. As with Churchill, he had many interests and one in particular was evolutionary science, so, to me, this essay was just an expansion of his thoughts/theories about the evolution of life expanding beyond Earth. If publishers and others wanted to pay him and share his writings then that was just good business practice considering Churchill was a person in the limelight.

www.washingtonpost.com... c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I wasn't saying it was unusual. Neither the writing nor sadly the other conflict of interests described in the article. A public servant serves the public. Ideally. Churchill like many politicians today and yesterday served himself and his cronies. Largely, and also anyone who paid him.

Being a good writer just enabled him to fool enough people into believing he was the great white saviour he believed himself to be. He was a good "war leader", but had his decision making back in 1911 through to 1921 been less motivated by self-interest and personal gain we might just have avoided the second world war altogether. Debateable but not improbable.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

I wasn't saying it was unusual. Neither the writing nor sadly the other conflict of interests described in the article. A public servant serves the public. Ideally. Churchill like many politicians today and yesterday served himself and his cronies. Largely, and also anyone who paid him.

Being a good writer just enabled him to fool enough people into believing he was the great white saviour he believed himself to be. He was a good "war leader", but had his decision making back in 1911 through to 1921 been less motivated by self-interest and personal gain we might just have avoided the second world war altogether. Debateable but not improbable.

Avoiding the second world war because non-debatable at a certain point, hence the 'world' war consensus, but I really don't know much about Churchill except for his speech and his interest in evolutionary science.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I was just trying to point out that it isn't safe to assume he had an "interest" in what he was writing about when he was a professional writer. As you said, it's a business decision, knowing your audience. He was very good at that.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

I was just trying to point out that it isn't safe to assume he had an "interest" in what he was writing about when he was a professional writer. As you said, it's a business decision, knowing your audience. He was very good at that.

He did what anyone in the limelight does, write something and get it published to make money .

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

He did what anyone in the limelight does, write something and get it published to make money .

Yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join