It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Spike in Brain Activity after Death in Brain Dead Coma Patients

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

For some reason they usually put me to sleep, dont know why I am out every time till they slide me out.

Its an interesting study, deserves a deeper look I think but doubt it will get it as the powers that be seem to want us to believe this is it here do all the hedonistic stuff you want.

Any deep look might give some credence to the religious aspect of society that they want to be gone.

They knock you out to do an MRI?

That's very unusual I think. Did the doctor ever tell you why?

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Markovian2
So if this is the brain sending the soul back to the afterlife what happens when someone dies in a way that this process can't take place

Is that where supernatural beings come into play

People that chase these things for a living - Ghost hunters or Paranormal experts - often believe something just like that or very similar. That the "spirits" that seem to be trapped here are looking for a way out or on to the next thing or whatever.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Opossum19
Ia reply to: SchrodingersRat
I think it's not reincarnation. It's going to sit at the table of our lord if we've been decent

From your keyboard to God's ears, so to speak.

I'd very much like for that to true.

It's too bad that someone that's actually been to the "Pearly Gates" has not found a way to come back and tell all of the living all about it.

What we do get are remarkably similar stories from people who've had NDE's (Near Death Experiences). The fact that their stories are so similar leads one to the conclusion that there must be something to it. Maybe the "light" they all speak of is the "Pearly Gates"?

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Law of Conservation of Energy. The human body can produce up to 2000 watts of electricity. That energy has to go somewhere when the body dies.

But they weren't measuring electrical activity.

They were measuring brain waves.

Huge difference.

Brain waves are weak electric fields.

That is how an EEG works that registers the waves, it registers the electricity. Electroencephalography (EEG)

I realize that now. I misspoke.

Or mistyped in this case.

I meant using those electrical signals to plot a brain wave and then examining those brain waves in detail.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe3755
Is there another source for this? The link isn't working.

The link works fine for me. It brings you to a video hosted on the Why Files Facebook page. Here it is again:

Proof of Life After Death: Hope and a Warning...

For some reason ATS won't let me embed YouTube videos any longer so I have to post the link.

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Now I am definitely not a professional at religion or anything, so nobody should listen to me. This is just a possibility I am pondering, if I sound like I am right, maybe you might need to see a shrink.

Noted.

lol!

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Sorry didnt articulate myself well at all...

Bout 2 mins after it starts to hum, I am asleep, the bang does nothing I am guessing from all the years working the flightline, where I fell asleep waiting on crew show.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Think of it as a logistics problem.
If your body is preparing you for something after death, obviously in this case you have to physically have a brain to participate in it.
What then, does it mean if your body was destroyed in death? Does that mean that you do not have the advantage (whatever that is) of having an intact brain when you die?

Does not sound like such an equitable insurance plan for the soul.

I hope that more discoveries are made that would show that life after death is not dependent on having an intact body.

This noted brain activity may be a natural reaction to the brain understanding that it has lost communication with vital body functions and may be doing anything it can to help revive them. If successful, these are people who come back with memories of an OBE.
edit on 25-3-2024 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: Antidoppleganger2

Can MRI Be Used as a Sensor to Record Neural Activity?

I appreciate the response. That link goes to a well stated hypothesis. It theorizes the possibility under certain conditions of what you proposed. Maybe a specialized coil and sequence can be developed one day.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

"You have great mates. I'm pretty sure none of mine know CPR. I do, as I owned a gym at one point and had to get certified to use the AED Defibrillator and perform CPR."

My mate I was fishing with got me out but his medical knowledge was a bit...limited. Thought a good idea to punch me hard in my solar plexus to get me to cough up the water., apparently. Cheers, Mick!

I didn't know the guy who did CPR, he just happened to be on the lake too.

Luckily for me.

I came round with him still doing it and I was like "WTF are you doing"?!!!!

I didn't know where I was..
edit on 25-3-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

originally posted by: Schmoe3755
Is there another source for this? The link isn't working.

The link works fine for me. It brings you to a video hosted on the Why Files Facebook page. Here it is again:

Proof of Life After Death: Hope and a Warning...

For some reason ATS won't let me embed YouTube videos any longer so I have to post the link.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I don't have Facebook, maybe that's why it didn't work for me. I've been interested in this area for a long time- NDEs, the pineal gland, and the theory that it produces n,n dmt. This comment will probably get flagged, but in case it doesn't, I've never had a NDE, but I've done the other stuff. It's incredible how alike the experiences are. Moving through a tunnel, going someplace else, and feeling like I'd been there before. I even laughed at myself for forgetting it. This place existed as energy, and I had the most profound feeling of love, welcoming, and acceptance. As far as I know, they've neither been able to prove or disprove the pineal gland theory, but I will definitely watch that video.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

edit on 3/25/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If soul exists, it being severed from body could cause that spike in brain activity while consciousness finally goes out for good. But ofcourse that's just my theory.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Sorry didnt articulate myself well at all...

Bout 2 mins after it starts to hum, I am asleep, the bang does nothing I am guessing from all the years working the flightline, where I fell asleep waiting on crew show.

I worked in an MRI for several years back in the late 90s when I was in fire and EMT school. Mostly did transports and data entry and whatnot, but I also set up all of the patients in the respective coils for their procedure. It was a newer Siemens Vision II magnet and at LEAST once per week we’d shut down and do all sorts of tweaking to get better resolution and faster studies. I was the guinea pig and I ALWAYS fell asleep in a matter of 2-3 minutes. They loved using me because they knew I never moved in the magnet. Great way to get paid for an hour or two for taking a nap. We also found a gnarly rotator cuff tear I didn’t know I had. Perks 😊

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join