It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California officer shoots and kills a 15-year old autistic boy

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

You don't really know what country I come from, all you do is guessing.

All she does is guessing?

Read my avatar. It's Latin. Here, I'll help you:

All your base are belong to us, Troll.

A man without a country and a man with nowhere to post.

Karma is a mean and nasty bitch...get used to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

You have made the point I'm how Eu police are unarmed. So my point was correct bud

When was the last time an EU officer had a meth head running at them with a baseball bat?

Different countries need to be policed differently. You bring a European cop over to the US he would be dead in a week.

Our police are not the problem.

Our guns are not the problem.

You don't want to see what the problem is so you blame the easiest thing for you to see and that is the tool being used.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

originally posted by: Venkuish1

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well spotted but pretty certain everyone learns English (UK) spellings over English (US) when learning it as a second language - there's only one country where it's common for ATS users to refuse to admit they come from there and spell 'war' 'SMO'.

But gun possession and use very strongly correlates with gun crime and police related injuries and deaths in the US.

People have explained these simple concepts to you a multitude of times, pretty sure you are choosing to be ignorant at this point.

Gun crime, in majority, is done by those that have obtained those firearms illegally. They don't follow laws, what new ones can be made that they would follow?

Police related injuries are going to happen when you have a populous that has no respect for the police due to many different circumstances.

The reason that "gun deaths" in the US are so focused on is because that is what they want you to focus on. Here is a list of the top 10 cause of death rom the US in 2021;

Heart disease (695,547)
Cancer (605,213)
COVID-19 (416,893)
Accidents (224,935)
Stroke (162,890)
Chronic lower respiratory diseases (142,342)
Alzheimer’s disease (119,399)
Diabetes (103,294)
Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis (56,585)
Kidney disease (54,358)

www.webmd.com...

In the same year, there were 48,830 firearm related deaths in the Us. 26,000 of those being suicides. Which, if you did not know, are not firearms crimes.

If the population has very restricted access to guns and if police officers are trained better without using lethal force (in most cases) it is expected we have very few of these events.

How would you "better train" a police officer to deal with a guy strung out on meth running at you with a sword? A taser will not stop him, more than likely a bean bag round from a shotgun will not stop him, sometimes even 5 rounds to the chest from a handgun will not stop him.

How often do you have a guy in the UK strung out on meth charging at cops with a deadly weapon?

I agree but for sake of the thread the autistic boy maybe wasnt on meth

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 04:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sd420duh

Never said he was, I wa simply using that as an example of what cops in the US have to deal with a lot.

And has been said before, if he had not charged at the officer with a deadly weapon, he would still be alive today.

Plain and simple

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:46 PM
link   
As the OP is no longer here to defend his position, thread closed.

<< 12  13  14   >>

join