It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All these worlds are yours except Europa. Attempt no landing there.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
NASA sends a new message into Space aboard NASA's Europa Clipper.

So, so cool!

NASA Unveils Design for Message Heading to Jupiter's Moon Europa

Enjoy!
edit on 3/9/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

S+F for the great Arthur C Clarke ref in the title

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

S+F for the great Arthur C Clarke ref in the title

I *love* all of his work. And then when they used that line to close out Stanley Kubrick's movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" It became totally immortalized.

HAL 9000: "I'm sorry Dave. I just can't do that"

Wow!

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"My god, it's full of stars"

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I recall Phobos, one of the moons of Mars, is the one that has a Monolith. Would love to see a close up of that one. Certainly makes me wonder what Arthur C Clarke knew and when did he learn it?

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"My god, it's full of stars"

OK, now you've done it.

Time for a re-watch!

Miserably cold & gloomy weather here in NY today anyway.

Time to pour myself a small bourbon and fire up Netflix and my rarely used but always large and looming, TV.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I recall Phobos, one of the moons of Mars, is the one that has a Monolith. Would love to see a close up of that one. Certainly makes me wonder what Arthur C Clarke knew and when did he learn it?

I think there are some relatively new and very interesting looking pictures out there. I'll check in a little bit...

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Strangely, Clarke, the author of MY favorite book, Childhood's End, is on record for saying that he didn't believe in (alien) UFOs. I never believed that for a second.

As for your comment about Phobos, it was/is the key to understanding that an early Martian civilization captured both moons and placed them into position. The so-called "grooves" of Phobos are exact evidence of that venture. I can prove it by Viking images which are far different than the typical ones you are allowed to see.
edit on 9-3-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Sounds like a plan.

I think ile pour a Mojito and do just that.

Just finished watching "The Gentlemen" on Netflix was not have bad, if your looking for a season of something new.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
And then when they used that line to close out Stanley Kubrick's movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" It became totally immortalized.

It was "2010 The Year We Make Contact" (sequel) that presented the quote from the OP title.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Know what does not translate well about 2001.

The apes, spoiled really I suppose given the CGI from the likes of modern "Planet of The Apes" movies.

And it was 1968.

........goes back to his Mojito(stop griping about shi@e andy).
edit on 9-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus

Strangely, Clarke, the author of MY favorite book, Childhood's End, is on record for saying that he didn't believe in (alien) UFOs. I never believed that for a second.

As for your comment about Phobos, it was/is the key to understanding that an early Martian civilization captured both moons and placed them into position. The so-called "grooves" of Phobos are exact evidence of that venture. I can prove it by Viking images which are far different than the typical ones you are allowed to see.

I am open to that. The moon of Saturn I think it is, Iapetus has some similarities to Phobos I recall. Both have a bit of a "Star wars Death Star" feel if I am thinking about this right?
edit on 9000000373120243America/Chicago03pm3 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If Phobos is an artificially placed habitat and its basic, impossible physics makes the case, then so could be about any other small object in orbit around any planet (that includes our Moon).

I'll bet by now we know the basic compositions of many of the small moons in our system and whether they are compositionally compatible or not with their host planet. Phobos and Deimos give evidence of beeing from Jupiter's asteroid belt, not from the leftovers of Mars.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   

If Phobos is an artificially placed habitat and its basic, impossible physics makes the case, then so could be about any other small object in orbit around any planet (that includes our Moon).

I'll bet by now we know the basic compositions of many of the small moons in our system and whether they are compositionally compatible or not with their host planet. Phobos and Deimos give evidence of beeing from Jupiter's asteroid belt, not from the leftovers of Mars.

Well, if you believe God put us here. Everything else will be put here. Important note here, we have to understand that Angels that are here (fallen or not) are "aliens" to planet Earth. Aliens did it makes sense to all sides in the debate if we agree Angels are aliens.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 09:02 PM
link   

" Aliens did it makes sense to all sides in the debate if we agree Angels are aliens."

There should be no doubt in any minds that want to work history with reality.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I preferred the Mad Magazine send-up, "The Planet that went Ape"

Cheers

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

I can prove it by.....

Please do prove it then, I am waiting with eager anticipation.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 12:55 AM
link   

"Childhood's End" is a terrific book. One of my favorites. I also like "Rendezvous with Rama"

Can you post those Viking images?

I'd love to see them.

Thanks.

edit on 3/14/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I did thoroughly enjoy that tidbit of inspiration. Thanks for posting it.

top topics

join