It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Congress Disqualify Trump? What To Know After Supreme Court Keeps Him On Ballot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

" I'm betting he chooses Greg Abbott. "

Forget Abbott , the Man is Wheelchair Bound . Not a Good Look for Trump .

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Really? I think he would be a good look for Trump. Plus, a lot of people could get behind Abbott is something happened to Trump and he had to step up.

How long to we have to wait to find out who his VP is? A couple more weeks?

edit on 2520242024k28America/Chicago2024-03-07T09:28:25-06:0009am2024-03-07T09:28:25-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Supreme Court ruled unanimously that states cannot disqualify federal candidates under section three of the 14th Amendment, which prohibits people from holding public office who have taken an oath of office and then “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the [U.S.], or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.”

".... given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof"

It could be argued that Biden has given aid and comfort to the enemies of the USA by his wide open border policies and his actual helping of the illegals to invade this country, destroying it through crime and destroying it fiscally. The republicans could make that claim and make a pretty good go of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
How long to we have to wait to find out who his VP is? A couple more weeks?

He'll announce it when it's best for him to do so ... when he needs the distraction in the press or at the convention. I"m thinking it's going to be Gov Kristi Noem of North Dakota.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

A body of Congress is not refusing to certify in the case of Congress removing him from eligibility via a bill or resolution.

That bill isn't going anywhere, and that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm saying that on Jan 6th, Congress members will contest the certification of the electoral votes of states that voted for Trump the insurrectionist. Some Congress members will probably also reject Biden votes for the same reason. If that happens, and there is no clear winner, then the presidential election is decided by The House of Representatives.

So you are saying the insurrection was just and could have put Trump in the white house afterall?

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm saying that contesting electoral votes is constitutional and legal.

A violent mob trying to stop the process was not. The fake elector scheme was not.

Yes, Congress folk could do it again, and yes, if it happens both sides will claim the candidate, Biden or Trump, is ineligible and toss out the states' electoral votes. Then the election will be decided by the House of Representative; one state, one vote.

I predict this will happen. If so, this election is super important. Vote! Vote! Vote!
edit on 4820242024k41America/Chicago2024-03-07T09:41:48-06:0009am2024-03-07T09:41:48-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: xuenchen

Hay, it's your thread, but I thought it was about whether or not Congress can still disqualify Trump. It appears they might try on an 6th, as there seems to be a way there, as the article I linked explains in detail.

And the Court doesn't need to create new laws that already exist 😁

They don't need to, but they do, all the time.
Corporations are people, my friend.

No, they don't.

They *interpret* and rule on law using the United States Constitution as a guide.

That sometimes has the effect of negating existing law which they deem unconstitutional.

But they do nothing on their own. Someone first has to file suit. And then the case usually has to make it's way through the lower courts and appellate courts before landing on the SCOTUS docket.

Due process at it's finest...or slowest. Pick your poison.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Someone first has to file suit.

That wasn't the case with the Colorado woman who wanted to start a wedding website business, but didn't want to have to serve, gays, and wanted to post that on her web site.

She didn't have the website yet, she hadn't broken any law and was never harmed, and not being punished for anything, so there was no court case that she was appealing, and the guy she said she had denied making a wedding website for said he was straight, married, and never contacted her for a job in the first place, and doesn't even know her. Yet, the Supreme Court heard the case and ruled in her favor!

edit on 1520242024k06America/Chicago2024-03-07T10:06:15-06:0010am2024-03-07T10:06:15-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Abbott is No FDR . Naa gonna Happen .

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I'm saying that contesting electoral votes is constitutional and legal.

A violent mob trying to stop the process was not. The fake elector scheme was not.

Yes, Congress folk could do it again, and yes, if it happens both sides will claim the candidate, Biden or Trump, is ineligible and toss out the states' electoral votes. Then the election will be decided by the House of Representative; one state, one vote.

I predict this will happen. If so, this election is super important. Vote! Vote! Vote!

so aside from the scuffle with the angry folks, Pence could have started the process to put Trump in office rather than Joetatoe? Is that what you are saying now?

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

That wasn't the case with the Colorado woman who wanted to start a wedding website business, but didn't want to have to serve, gays, and wanted to post that on her web site.

She didn't have the website yet, she hadn't broken any law and was never harmed, and not being punished for anything, so there was no court case that she was appealing, and the guy she said she had denied making a wedding website for said he was straight, married, and never contacted her for a job in the first place, and doesn't even know her. Yet, the Supreme Court heard the case and ruled in her favor!

heard what case? I thought you just said there was no case to be heard.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

so aside from the scuffle with the angry folks, Pence could have started the process to put Trump in office rather than Joetatoe? Is that what you are saying now?

Sort of, but they had problems with fake/alternate electors, and they didn't really have any proof that the election had been stolen by mail-in ballots. But, if the mob hadn't interfered, they might have gotten the delay they were looking for.

See page 25 and forward.
www.congress.gov...

edit on 3020242024k13America/Chicago2024-03-07T11:13:30-06:0011am2024-03-07T11:13:30-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yet, the Supreme Court heard the case and ruled in her favor!

The case.

As in someone filed suit or there would be no case.

The Supreme Court does not rule on issues. Only court cases.

Period. Finito.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Presidential candidate Trump is supposed to put on some type of rebuttal show, while Joe Biden tells the world what a great president he has been tonight.
edit on 732024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

heard what case? I thought you just said there was no case to be heard.

It was a "What if" case. Not a real civil rights case.

Lorie Smith wants to expand her graphic design business, 303 Creative LLC, to include services for couples seeking wedding websites. But Ms. Smith worries that Colorado will use the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act to compel her—in violation of the First Amendment—to create websites celebrating marriages she does not endorse. To clarify her rights, Ms. Smith filed a lawsuit seeking an injunction to prevent the State from forcing her to create websites celebrating marriages that defy her belief that marriage should be reserved to unions be-tween one man and one woman.

edit on 1220242024k51America/Chicago2024-03-07T11:51:12-06:0011am2024-03-07T11:51:12-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" I'm betting he chooses Greg Abbott. "

Forget Abbott , the Man is Wheelchair Bound . Not a Good Look for Trump .

Disability is a bad look? Why? Strength in the face of tragic circumstance is a profoundly American virtue. Pursuing a career in a wheelchair lines up perfectly with this virtue.

edit on 10-3-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join