It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sesame Street - so, so good.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The older I get, the more I appreciate the brilliance, humor and social commentary that's been on Sesame Street for many years. Especially compared to other shows that are aimed at the same audience. The humor is subtle, biting and hilarious.

Everyone has their favorite characters. Mine are Cookie Monster, Elmo and Beaker.

My favorite line from Cookie Monster:

Guys says Kaboom is not a word. Cookie Monster says "Is word. A little esoteric maybe, but word".

Or how about this one called "Waiting for Elmo", a take-off on "Waiting for Godot":

Absolutely brilliant! Samuel Beckett would have loved it!

What are your favorites?
edit on 3/5/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Telly is my favorite because he loves triangles and so do I. Also like Snuffy and big bird. But this is when I was a kid so I don't know any of the new ones who have came out in the last 25 or so years.

Can't forget super grover. And elmo and his best friend dorothy and Mr. Noodle
edit on 5-3-2024 by Shoshanna because: Can't spell.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Lol I haven't watched it for maybe 40 years, but I still sing 1,2,3,4,5, 6,7,8,9,10, Eleven Twe, eh, eh, eh, ehh, eh, Elve!!
Wish I could post the tune, but I totally learned it from sesame street, and I don't think it will ever leave my head!!!šŸ¤£šŸ˜

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oscar was always my favorite. And Snufflelufugus (????)

But I have to say, The Original Muppet Show was even better.
As child, I loved all the characters (except Mrs Piggy) and everything about the show.

And then, when my niece came over for a weekend and we watched a lot of episodes, I being an adult now, Holy Smokes!!! They got away with so much! No wonder adults liked it too!
edit on 5-3-2024 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I figure most of the second/third level stuff went over my head.

Probably because I liked this kind of stuff :

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   
here a good one,

x.com...

and of course the dem ones are all over it cause their asses are puckered because it a election cycle and the electorate are pissed off about it the high cost of living the dem politicians are afraid their gonna loose their jobs.

In response, Brown wrote: "Me too, Cookie Monster. Big corporations shrink the size of their products without shrinking their prices, all to pay for CEO bonuses. People in my state of Ohio are fed up ā€” they should get all the cookie they pay for.

this one has introduced a bill in the senate though, sad part he used the post to pander and beg for campaign fund donations.

Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pennsylvania, also responded to the hungry blue monster, saying: ā€˜Iā€™m on it." "I need your help to hold big corporations accountable for using shrinkflation to rake in record profits," he wrote. "Can you chip in $3 to help fight back?"

the above two quotes came from here,

Sen. Sherrod Brown, Cookie Monster calls out companies over 'Shrinkflation'; 'Cookies are getting smaller'

cookie monster hid the post, and then later on someone else posted and started asking for 300 bucks.

from the X post linked above, which now appears to be hidden cause i's not there now. lucky i saved it before it got took down. i didn't check the X account that posted it to see if it's there.

biden and the white house are even getting on it,

x.com...

go to the 28 to 32 sec mark

biden has also talked about in feb here is a video from then.

he's even created a task force for it using the FTC and DOJ

The task force will be jointly led by the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice, two agencies at the forefront of the Biden administrationā€™s aggressive regulatory agenda over the past three years.
Biden to launch task force to crack down on 'unfair and illegal pricing' amid rising inflation

sad part they are pretending that it's not theirs and biden's fault by shuting down the U.S. with the plandemic and bidenomics. and it's corporate greed.

trying to get costs under control is a good thing, being lying sneaky petes not so much

edit on 5-3-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I like Gonger and Cookie Monster.
And the Martianā€™s yup yup yup yup yupā€¦.

My little ones love the show.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So, so bad now.
Such a shame they went woke with all the DEi and LGBT indoctrination.
You couldnā€™t pay me enough for me to let my kid watch that garbage now.
www.skynews.com.au...

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Meh they have like 2 episodes of woke bs along with a lifetime of great episodes

The world out there is so so much worse and if I as a parent am not able to exert greater influence over my children then a tv program then Iā€™ve failed as a parent. At the end of the day I answer their question not big bird.

Everything is pretty alright except for the episode where they vax Elmo with the covid vaccine and he gets Bellā€™s palsy.

And wtf was that retarded link you posted. It just says the street is woke because it has a diverse cast of character and animals. And after animals it just says this woke crap has to endā€¦.because what it has anthropomorphic animals?
a reply to: Vermilion

edit on 5-3-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Would it help if I posted their pimping of pride month?

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Is the Count Really a Pimp ? Is Bert on Drugs ? Dave Chapelle thinks so ......

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My favorite character was always Kermit and his "News Flashes."

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:38 AM
link   
How'd they EVER get away with "selling 8s?"

And loved the Margaret Hamilton one

And he is just cute as heck!

But I think my favorite is the most common one out there...the one, two, three, four, five......six, seven, eight, nine, ten.........eleven, TWELVE!

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK
FFs
Its going through my head,I remember it...got to listen to it now lol

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I never watched it.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

Telly is my favorite because he loves triangles and so do I. Also like Snuffy and big bird. But this is when I was a kid so I don't know any of the new ones who have came out in the last 25 or so years.

Can't forget super grover. And elmo and his best friend dorothy and Mr. Noodle

I forgot about Telly and Snuffy!

What a great children's show, n'est pas?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

But I have to say, The Original Muppet Show was even better.
As child, I loved all the characters (except Mrs Piggy) and everything about the show.

That was a great show.

I'm curious - why didn't you like Miss/Mrs. Piggy?

I'm not a fan either but her skits with Kermit were pretty good at times.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I never watched it.

My daughter loved it when she was a toddler. She's 30 now and a writer for Philadelphia Magazine. She once referenced one of the Sesame Street themes in one of her articles so I guess she still remembers it too.

She wrote that article right after they published her feature article on Polyamory in the previous issue. Talk about a juxtaposition. Sesame Street and polyamory.

Actually, when I think about it - Sesame Street is polyamorous by definition. I really need more coffee...lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

As a kid, I thought she was so mean to everyone.
A bully.

Prolly cause I got bullied by a girl in elementary school.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I never watched it.

Are you American?

new topics

top topics

join