It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope the buy the house.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Had some visitors this morning and it was a bit awkward. A nice younger couple with 2 kids stopped by to look at the house.

My house is not for sale.

I answered the front door and there they were, looking like the perfect little family, youngish [ maybe early 30s ] 2 kids about 3 and 5 and said they were here to look at the house. The lady just loved the flower garden out front with all the roses and different flowers and just couldn't get over all the room the kids would have to play [ My house is on 5 acres ] and can she see the inside now ?

After she gushed, I replied with my usual intelligent "Huh ? "

I invited them in telling them there's a mistake because my house is not on the market. The kids were well behaved, played with the dogs, we had a nice conversation and everybody was really nice. I hated to burst their bubble because they both really like my house and seemed very interesting in buying it, but my house number is 1105 and they were looking for 1150.

Nice people. I hope they get their house.......just not mine.

Be gone for a bit. Taking Mom to the Dr.

edit on 5-3-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Always offer a crazy number, just in case they are both crazy and loaded.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If they do get the house down the road. They met one of their 1st neighbors.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It's always nice to get unsolicited compliments about your home.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Always offer a crazy number, just in case they are both crazy and loaded.

Heh, I keep telling people “not going anywhere but wave a check for 600 K under my nose ….”

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sounds eerily like you had a visit from a Stepford family.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I can certainly see why they might have thought your house was for sale. Because these days, every house seems to be listed on Zillow (or whatever it's called), or a half a dozen other online sites. I just found out recently that my house is listed all over the internet, with pictures of it and everything. And my house is not even for sale! I just paid it off in December - I'd like to enjoy it for a little while, at least! This was very distressing for me to have found that out. I should be able to sue these companies for aggravation or something like that.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Station27

I don't mind those realty sites at all. They do say, right in the detail about each house shown, whether it's "on the market" (ie. For Sale) or not.

In fact, I rather appreciate the fact that these sites allow me to get an idea about how much my home has appreciated in value since I bought it 12 years ago.

About 361%! That's a whole lot of equity.

And puts me in a much better bargaining position should I ever need/want to negotiate a loan.

What I am very tired of are all the anonymous calls asking me if I want to sell. No, I do not!
edit on 5-3-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   
😂🤣 classic.

Hope your Mum is okay 👍

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Thank you ! Nothing big, she just had to go to the eye Doc and they were going to dilate her eyes so she wanted me to drive.

Other than that, she's 81 and still going strong.

join