It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vending Machines Using Secret Facial Recognition Technology! How Orwellian!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Also there I'm sure in arcade games, self-checkout scanners and more.
Of course I expect cameras everywhere around self-checkout, because you can't trust people to do self-ckeckout without cameras monitoring them. Maybe some, but not all.

I more or less expect anti-shoplifting cameras when I go into any major retailer, and all over the store except the changing rooms and bathrooms. They might put cameras at the entrance to the changing rooms to make sure you're carrying the same number of items going out as you had going in, etc.

Arcade games, fine with me to have cameras if they aren't hidden or secret.

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Ah , Wear a Mask when using them . Problem Solved .
That would have been easy enough to do during the pandemic, when people were wearing masks already anyway, or at least carrying masks with them so they could get into stores that required them. But before this discovery, nobody knew they needed to wear masks around the vending machines, to avoid facial recognition. And now, I no longer carry a mask around with me since most places don't require them any longer.

The student's solution was better, remove the vending machines. I presume they can find other vending machines without facial recognition.

originally posted by: Sendmelove1987

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
the M&Ms

Vending machine error reveals secret face image database of college students

What does ATS think?

I think M&Ms are against my health

My health doctor told me to avoid any red color in my eating routine as I have stomache GERD

The Doctor said No RED in what I eat
After caring for an elderly relative with GERD issues, I had to research it. Best option is for a couple of months, keep a log, write down every food eaten, and also note when there are GERD problems and how mild or severe. Then armed with some months of data like that, try to draw some correlation between foods eaten and GERD reactions.

If that process established a correlation between consumption of red food dye and GERD, then certainly avoid red food dye. But without any such correlation established, you don't really know if red food dye is or is not a problem for you personally. Most people are fine with it, but a small portion of people have an allergy to it which may indeed cause GERD or other allergic problems.

I like the peanut M&Ms, and similarly, most people can eat peanuts, but a small portion of the population can't because they have peanut allergies. So what you want to avoid eating is anything you might be allergic to, and keeping that log is one way to find out what you're allergic or sensitive to. Doctors also have allergy tests they can perform, to see what the patient is allergic to.

Even if you're allergic to red food coloring, you might be able to eat M&Ms next year. In 2020, the maker of M&Ms started a 5 year program to eliminate the use of all artificial colors like that in their products. So if they complete the project on schedule next year, no more of that red artificial food coloring in M&Ms next year!

The Maker of Skittles, M&Ms and Snickers Is Removing All Artificial Coloring From Their Foods

Wonder what this change will do to those beloved, brightly-colored Skittles? Well, you’ll have to wait about five years to find out. That’s how long it’ll take for Mars plans to implement the dye-free coloring to all their chocolate, gum, confection, food, and drink categories.

<< 1   >>

join