It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sittervising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This is world changing news here folks.

Looks like back in 2022, someone came up with a new idea on how to raise your kids and it's gone viral. Parents around the country are singing it's praises.
It's called "sittervising" and I hope you're sitting down, cause this is unique. It's innovative. It's a whole new way to look at parenting.

You let your kids play by themselves !!

You don't have to be there, right in the middle, supervising every little thing they do !!

One lady said she even let's her kid go to the next door neighbor and play in the yard !!

Your child might learn to think for themselves ! They may even develop a sense of independence !

I mean, OH. MY. GAWWWD !!. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ?? !!

ffs.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I became aware of this new term last week, and yes, I thought it was ridiculous, being presented as something new and innovative.

It's the way of the world now, everything needs some new quirky tag/name/label...but the activity/method is not in fact new at all pmsl

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Reminds of that story a couple years ago of the plan to use "Giant Kites" to pull cargo ships across the ocean.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I grew up with a similar methodology.

I also knew ladies who ran licensed daycare for children of various ages while their parents were at work.

I also attended them.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Half the problem nowadays is that kids can't amuse themselves. Seeing as they don't go out to play,this to the normal amongst us would be essential.
Amusing themselves means taking those God awful selfies with puckered up lips,horrendous. That or photos of their genitalia to send to their internet 'friends'.
This is what the world has come to,well the West has come to.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Ugh.

I weep for the future.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When I was a kid we would be three towns down on bikes we made from dumpster parts burning down crack houses.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The psychology of the nation has changed. It was inevitable with the advent of all the Cyber platforms.

I grew up on a cotton farm with a huge garden and livestock. It wasn't "back to the Land" romantic, it was drudgery and toil even for us kids. School was Play compared to the farm; And the teachers were mostly sober.

edit on 24-2-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Exactly.

An entire generation of kids being influences or onlyfans models setting unrealistic standards and promises of lucridous incomes in a dangerous cyber landscape.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Ok well for me the link had a video but nothing on What this is ...so did a search

What Is Sittervising? - LINK - LINK2

“I came up with sittervising sitting on my couch one morning, enjoying a mostly warm cup of coffee and listening to my toddler play,” she says. “I joked to my husband that I was ‘sittervising’—mashing together sitting and supervising.”

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
People who invent dumb words like this should be exiled to Antarctica.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Antarctica is a pristine and beautiful desert that shouldn't be marred with filth like that.

Send them to Hoboken New Jersey.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Crazy talk.

Next thing you know kids will be able to play dress ups without having to come in close contact with deviants and being put on body altering chemicals until they can have drastic mutilating surgery!

What’s next, being free to explore their imagination and dream of a better world?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
When I was a kid we would be three towns down on bikes we made from dumpster parts burning down crack houses.

Good times, good times.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And here I thought that was just part of being a kid. Oh, how I miss the 90s

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sounds sort of like us feral Gen Z kids from the 70s.
Huh, imagine that.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

What did Antarctica ever do to you?

Asking for a friend...

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Children need to be taught how to play and how to use their imagination, or to play outside of the box. You just can't plop a child down in front of toys or other children and leave them to their own devices.

new topics

top topics

join