It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany legalizes smoking of cannabis at home and in public

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Having seen the US states slowly start legalizing weed and seeing the consequences it’s obvious it always ends poorly for those states.
Good luck Germany, you’re going to need it.

Exactly this. In New Mexico there’s weed shops at every corner, even in small podunck towns. More weed/vape shops than Dollar Generals. I counted 9 weed dispensarys in a town with less than 3,000 people.

Kids sneaking vapes into schools, kids ODing on vape tampered with fentanyl. Parents high on weed, don’t give a damn what their thug kids do on the streets.

Break ins and theft at an all time high.
It’s a real bad mess, and the situation keeps getting worse.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They want the populous dumbed down.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Effects on Cognition Early studies suggested cognitive declines associated with marijuana (especially early and heavy use); these declines persisted long after the period of acute cannabis intoxication.44–46 Recently, Meier and colleagues analyzed data from a prospective study which followed subjects from birth to age 38; their findings yielded supportive evidence that cannabis use, when begun during adolescence, was associated with cognitive impairment in multiple areas, including executive functioning, processing speed, memory, perceptual reasoning, and verbal comprehension.47 Rogeberg48 criticized the study’s methodology, claiming that the results were confounded by differences in socioeconomic status; this claim, however, was based on sub-analyses that used very small numbers. Additional sub-analyses49 of the original study cohort showed that marijuana was just as prevalent in populations of higher socioeconomic status, suggesting that socioeconomic status was not a confounding variable. Any epidemiological study is subject to confounding biases and future research will be needed to clarify and quantify the relationship between cognitive decline and adolescent marijuana use. However, the findings of the original study by Meier et al show there is indeed an independent relationship between loss of intelligence and adolescent marijuana use. This finding, moreover, is consistent with prior studies.44

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

edit on 2/24/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Meanwhile where ATS is residence is the ONLY state not yet legalized or will be in the world! Talk about big pharma control!

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I think this makes sense accept for smoking in public needs to be like tobacco so that I don't have to smell the burn. I personally like smoking weed btw. For me it helps me to focus on things because I am a bit ADD it really helps that too. Low anxiety if you partake in a bud IMO.

That's interesting, I'm on the ADD spectrum, I love it too but I can't seem to get anything done when I have it. I know it's my fault becausei have no temperance with it 😒

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Remember when Biden said he would legalize marijuana and then a few months before the election he quietly changed his position to it needs to be studied more?

We've been studying it for hundreds of years folks. The results are in. It's A OK.

If either candidate promised to legalize I think it would help their campaign greatly.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoviceStoic2

I think this makes sense accept for smoking in public needs to be like tobacco so that I don't have to smell the burn. I personally like smoking weed btw. For me it helps me to focus on things because I am a bit ADD it really helps that too. Low anxiety if you partake in a bud IMO.

That's interesting, I'm on the ADD spectrum, I love it too but I can't seem to get anything done when I have it. I know it's my fault becausei have no temperance with it 😒

Each of us have to find our balance in life of what works and what doesn't. Some of us can't stand to smell it at all but will eat a gummy that will rock you. I found that the vocalist who smoked it and got rich singing didn't seem to complain it hurt their productivity. I suppose it takes all types to make the world spin properely.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoviceStoic2

Each of us have to find our balance in life of what works and what doesn't. Some of us can't stand to smell it at all but will eat a gummy that will rock you. I found that the vocalist who smoked it and got rich singing didn't seem to complain it hurt their productivity. I suppose it takes all types to make the world spin properely.

Yes true we're all different.
If I was a singer I don't think I'd be too affected tbh.
For me I guess it completely destroys the very little discipline I already had in me. I would imagine it's underlying issues with me that are the problem, not the jazz cabbage.

<< 1  2   >>

join