It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypts Walled Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 01:22 AM
link   
As Egypt continues building walls round the 16.2 sq km cleared area, they continue to say it is for an "administration hub".

Everyone continues to believe it's to become a refugee area for when Israel ramps up deploying further south.

For me, this says that Egypt knows what's coming from Israel and are clearly communicating directly with them.

Why pretend it's for something it's not, it's just making Egypt look untrustworthy and they will become ostracised from other mid eastern nations when it comes out.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: stu119

It's dependant on whether the international community stop Israel completing their plan or not , Egypt doesn't want up to 2 million people flooding into their country because they are themselves suffering a financial crisis so they're implementing a contingency plan in case Israel does go into Rafah and they get flooded with sick and injured people they'll be responsible for.

4 stages of Israel's plan

Stages:
1. A call on Palestinian civilians to vacate north Gaza and allow for land operations;
2. Sequential land operations from north to south Gaza;
3. Leaving routes open across Rafah;
4. Establishing "tent cities" in northern Sinai and the construction of cities to resettle Palestinians in #Egypt.

edit on 23-2-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think it is a legitimate thing on Egypt's part for 3 reasons.

1. As Gortex says, the economy of Egypt (and I believe that no country) cannot handle the entry of 2 million people and their subsequent reception.

2. Such a number of people displaced by an Israeli attack on Rafat would generate a brutal humanitarian crisis.

3. Egypt does not want Israel to end up fulfilling its plan for total Israel and Palestine to disappear from the face of the earth, except for the Palestinians of Gaza, of course, who would become Egypt's responsibility.

I hope that the international community will not allow an attack on Rafat. The people that has been foreigners in its own land and expelled from it for more than 75 years does not deserve this end. Will sanity prevail? o Will the United States become the great facilitator of the Palestinian genocide? At the moment he has 3 vetoes in the security council denying a ceasefire... The last veto was after saying that he wanted to make a proposal for a temporary ceasefire.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Maybe someone should tell egypt that opening their boarders and letting people in is actually good for their econony!

I have it on good authority that this is true.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 2/24/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Maybe someone should tell egypt that opening their boarders and letting people in is actually good for their econony!

That doesn't wash with the US , UK and European people why would the Egyptians buy it ?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I mean...

You think a doubling of the population is genocide

So i have to call into question your logical thinking process

Anyhoo...

Letting people into countries they dont belong has "washed " with the u.s.,uk, and (especially) europe

Have you not seen the amount of "migrants"flowing into all those places over the last 10 years?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   

It's pretty funny, innit?

Who's going to sell this walled bollocks to the walled people on the colonialist continent, has that type of 'open bordered' rightwinger even been born yet?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

So i have to call into question your logical thinking process

Quite simple really , why would cash strapped Egypt be happy to open their borders when rich countries like America aren't.

Letting people into countries they don't belong has "washed " with the u.s.,uk, and (especially) europe

Perhaps for the political class who don't have to deal with it but not the people , attitudes are changing as anger grows.

Have you not seen the amount of "migrants"flowing into all those places over the last 10 years?

Of course I have , I live in the UK which is being swamped by legal and illegal migrants , I don't want to see tens of thousands of Palestinian refugees adding to our already growing problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Perhaps he confused them with a massive arrival to Egypt of Arab sheikhs, magnates or large investors, instead of the massive arrival of Palestinians who live in inhumane conditions in an open-air prison and who have completely lost everything.

For Europe it is so good economically that people fleeing the wars in Syria since 2011, Mali, Congo or after the flight from western Afghanistan decided to take them to "concentration camps" in areas of Greece such as the Aegean islands.

This is one of the testimonies of one of the happy inhabitants of a concentration camp in Lesbos.

“Here I have cried, I have cut my arms, I have tried to commit suicide, I have drunk alcohol. "I've grown up here."
ABBAS, age 17 years.

elpais.com...

A clear example of the happy lives that these people have in this type of 21st century concentration camps. And this testimony is within the model and welcoming Europe.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't think Egypt will open a gate to this camp either, perhaps it's an expectancy of people storming the border?

I think that Israel will clear the strip to the point that the choice is down to two options - stay in a tiny refugees camp in Gaza with some of the worst conditions imaginable and no end to it, or attempt to leave and risk death for the act.

top topics

join