It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK politics in shambles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What’s been going on in the UK last night and today is an example of how the system is corrupt.
To suddenly change the process in what should have happened is ridiculous. The behaviour in the people who are meant to be running the show is embarrassing to watch.
It feels that all over the world, people in certain positions are being more brazen or is that just me?
Sources for this , it’s all over the main stream news as they want to distract but we’re living through an important historical time and wonder what others think.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: G1111B1234

could you offer a hint into what this is about? Without it, nobody that doesn't live where you do will know or care.
edit on 22-2-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry, but this American has no idea what you are speaking of.
Didn't see anything in the headlines this morning either.

Little help?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sorry I did forget that and here’s a link to a summery of
What’s been going on.

www.standard.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Procedural nonsense.
The Speaker of The House of Commons did not follow Parliamentary convention following a debate and prior to a vote on a proposed motion proposing an immediate ceasefire in Gaza.

UK politics is broken......pretty much the same as many other places.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It seems Keir Starmer is implicated in what the speaker did because he wanted to avert a rebellion in the Labour party by them voting for the SNP amendment , Starmer may have shot himself in the foot.

I disagree with what the speaker did as he is there to see procedure is followed not to change procedure but the puppet master in the background , Starmer , holds more responsibility for Lindsay Hoyle's actions I think.

67 MPs have now signed the no-confidence motion in Speaker.
edit on 22-2-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think you’re right and hated his apology speech as what good is reflecting when this cannot be changed what’s done.
Don’t trust any of them but think Starmer was invoked in letting Savil of the hook.

I’ve been trying to tell people to do blank votes in past because of enough do it , it’ll show a vote of no confidence in them all and they need to rewrite their manifestos.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The speaker made the issue worse IMO by after the debacle,claimed he did it because he wanted to stop the dangerous threats MPs were recieving from those demanding a full ceasefire in gaza.

So you bent the rules which happened to get your old party out of a jam-but thats not why you did it-it was to placate the violent minority who are are right now joyfully believing that if they continue to threaten and burn things,they will get their way.

The speaker is not fit to be in the job.
Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

Agreed, he didn’t do his job and such a lame excuse

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This may give a clue I think.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No one here gives a monkeys about this political spat except politicians.

There are deeper problems?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Following John Bercow's meddling attempts during Brexit when he was Speaker Lindsay Hoyle's actions show another unelected official attempting to meddle with our political process , I think this episode shows the position of Speaker needs to be looked at and rules changed so he / she can be removed from their position by the House if they step out of line unlike now.

Dodgy dealing in the House are a big deal.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I get your point.

Bercow was a disgrace.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onestonemonkey
The speaker made the issue worse IMO by after the debacle,claimed he did it because he wanted to stop the dangerous threats MPs were recieving from those demanding a full ceasefire in gaza.

So you bent the rules which happened to get your old party out of a jam-but thats not why you did it-it was to placate the violent minority who are are right now joyfully believing that if they continue to threaten and burn things,they will get their way.

The speaker is not fit to be in the job.
Just my opinion.

So he was pandering to the Muslim colonisers.
The cultural enrichment these savages bring is what the MPs have told us for years,surely the politicians didn't lie to us?
We've had to live beside the animals for years and see their violent ways first hand.About time MPs got a taste of what they forced on us.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

You are Tommy Robinson and I claim my £5.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
im pretty sure that there is no such thing as democracy in the Uk, this is just more evidence that proves it
our Union of nations is ran by corrupt career politicians who abuse the people they are supposed to represent.
Absolute shower of bastards the lot of them.
Time to throw them all out on their arses and develop a new system, they can do it the easy way and willfully step down and form a new system or they can keep pushing the public until we have had enough and we throw them out on their arse or worse we go the french route and start removing heads.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien1982

Harsh. But fair?

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The issue is , it doesn’t matter who is in, they’re just puppets , you’d need to know who the serpents head is and then replace the system.
Then we just need to stop corruption from spreading again. Not a simple task, but would love to see that change.
edit on 23-2-2024 by G1111B1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Our party political system has long since outlived its fit-for-purpose.
We need urgent and radical electoral and parliamentary reform.....but it isn't going to happen any time soon mate because the majority of people are 'educated' into thinking there is no other system, or at least there is no better system.

new topics

top topics

join