It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Netherlands Prime Minister Dries van Agt and his wife both die by euthanasia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I won't judge, but it does open up interesting discussions - Euthanasia, should it be legal?

I’ve always found the moral question interesting.

On one hand we should help our fellow man, on the other living is absolutely a choice. I’ve found it funny that things like suicide are illegal, like you can stop someone who is committed to it.

I say we offer as many alternatives as we can and put all the focus on those. Euthanasia shouldn’t really be proposed or pushed onto patients. But I don’t mind them having a peaceful exit if it was their idea and wish.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Unless the couple were soo physically incapacitated is no reason to commind sucide, no reason at all, I always believe we come to earth to fulfill a mission and the end of that mission is when we pass away without intervention.

But who is me to say that perhaps the couple knew their mission was over and it was time to go.

It is said by those that follow terminal ill individuals that most people in their last days knows when their time is near.

My mother was one of them, she told my sister that she did not have much time in earth before passing away later on of liver cancer.

My grandfather also told those around him that time was approaching, before passing.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It really all comes down to quality of life. No one can imagine what they were going through, guess maybe but not know.
Me and my wife celebrate our golden wedding tomorrow and I would be seriously lost without her. She has saved me a couple of times in those years. What would I do if she went first???????????

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

My mother and father were married for a long time, she was only 15 when, he is from the old school, women did everthing and he just earn the bread in the house.

The only thing my father knew how to do was work hard and cook, beside my mother he is a great cook.

When my mother passed away from liver cancer, we all thought he was going to follow withing weeks, due to his state of mind at the time, but lo and behold, is been 3 years and my father is now 90 and still going strong, what he does to keep himself busy? lots of church activities, he also paints and makes littler wooden houses for display, he is always busy.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Why do the Dutch get to do everything I want to do?
Not fair.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wondering if you feel/experience the '___' when you die by euthanasia?

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yes and the people who support abortion my body my choice, then don't support suicide are contradiction of my body my choice. I support both, if that's what the person needs. a reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm for euthanasia in extreme cases where it is purely sadistic to let a human suffer unnecessarily.

Euthanasia can be the highest form of compassion.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong
Something you don't hear often anymore

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
A planned death is not only good for them, it's good for everyone around them.
They had the choice to get their affairs in order, to make sure all of their loose ends were tied up, and then they got to check out together so neither of them would have to suffer the loss of the other.

Sure their family mourns, but they had a chance to plan for it and say their goodbyes.

I can't think of a better way to handle the situation.

Agreed!

They had a long, and hopefully happy and fulfilled life.

I think it was their time to leave this world.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster1
Wondering if you feel/experience the '___' when you die by euthanasia?

The typical NDE experience that people think of? From what I've read, more people experience 'the void' then the tunnel of light thing. But euthanasia is under drugs that put you to sleep and there are no dreams with the drugs that knock you out for surgery so I would imagine that if the NDE is just the mind dying, that the person wouldn't have any.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join