It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Duty Calls INT2024

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Mike squinted at his watch. He was a muscular man, almost as wide as he was tall. On his head, his close cropped hair was exactly so, almost as if it were standing in formation. Down the sleeve of his blouse, numerous hash marks gave evidence of long service to causes greater than himself.

His hawk-like stare next scanned the machines. Everything within them was interwoven; it was the nature of the machines.

Some fifty men stood motionless and silent. They barely breathed, awaiting Mike's command.

Precisely at thirteen hundred hours, the machines' keening whines dropped off, and slowly stopped. The synchronization of their operation had matched that of Mussolini making the Italian trains run on time!

Master Sergeant Michael Russell, United States Army, pivoted precisely on the heel of one foot and the ball of the other in a facing movement. For a moment, he regarded the assembled men, and then, bellowed:

QUARTERMASTER PLATOON NUMBER FIFTY-FOUR TWENTY-SIX: WHEN I SAY 'MOVE', BREAK RANKS AND MAN YOUR MACHINES ... MOVE!

With that single command, the mass of men "broke ranks" and bolted to the washing machines.

The 19th Regiment's laundry was ready for drying.

-The End-

Cheers
edit on 12-2-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Ha, i enjoyed that, F2d5thCavv2. Nicely hidden twist, a "drum roll" to the punchline.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The twist was worth the war glorification.

Thanks for the good laugh

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

His hawk-like stare next scanned the machines. Everything within them was interwoven; it was the nature of the machines.

I like that. Very nicely done.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Carried off with style and humour.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Very very nice and hidden x love this!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Wonderful. I could practically hear the cadence of the dryers tumbling. ka-thump. kathumpetydumpety dump. ka-thump.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

edit on Sun Mar 31 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join