It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once upon a time, and only once was enough....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The Alien UFOs landed the other day and nobody came.
Everybody of any sense was at the Super Bowl with Taylor Swift.
Then, everybody heard a “Snick, snick,” the sound like a massive bolt of a rifle being worked.
And the whole world disappeared in an instant. Nothing remained, nothing.
No one cried because there was no one left, actually nothing. It was all gone.
“…Never existed….” you could say. You have to wonder, what was its purpose in the first place?
The Universal Consciousness hardly stirred. Some independent elements mildly reacted, but not being fully aware themselves, they failed to make any sense of it. So that became the question in itself.
--Did any of it matter?
Probably not.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

That was short-lived, CosmicFocus! I was hoping for at least some football action, but I guess Taylor Swift was too much for the aliens to handle... better nuke the whole planet.

At this point, I don't suppose we can expect a sequel... a prequel, perhaps?

Btw, remember to add a link to your story in the contest thead.
Also, non-writer needs to be added to your title, but DTOM may have to do it for you if your editing window has expired.

edit on 3/2/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Life ain't going away that easy. You can kill some of it, it adapts and evolves to become harder, stronger and smarter. We all have a lot of tough, hard, old ancestors to help get us this far. In trying to make some sense of this cray world, competition is a part of the puzzle.

As for the universe going meh, with what happens on Earth, it has a lot to deal with. Maybe there is a chance at some kind of everlasting life, maybe their ain't. When it come time for the jellyfish to leave this planet, game over here.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
THAT was a story not worthy of telling because in the end, none of it mattered anyway. However, you told it succinctly, existentially and very well indeed.

edit on 90848222024Feb2024-02-03T14:48:27-06:001420242024 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

Oh, and grand title, catchy too.
edit on 91051222024Feb2024-02-03T14:51:00-06:001420242024 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 04:37 AM
link   

edit on 2/4/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Sorry, I just realised, INT2024 is also missing from the title. If your story is an entry for the current contest, then you really need to contact DTOM to have it fixed.

top topics

join