It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS 5-4 rules to allow Federal Government to cut razor wire Texas NG installed at border

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:51 AM
link   

edit on 1/24/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

As much as the blame can be placed at Bidens feet, congress is the problem here.

To that fact, are you aware that Trump has instructed his supporters in Congress to vote against any bills that would fund border protection so he can run on it in November?

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: JinMI

As much as the blame can be placed at Bidens feet, congress is the problem here.

To that fact, are you aware that Trump has instructed his supporters in Congress to vote against any bills that would fund border protection so he can run on it in November?

True or not, why would you give somebody more money to then just continue to disregard and exacerbate the border problem?
No thanks, I have better more productive uses for my tax dollars.
Throwing good money after bad is a typical leftist big government strategy which never works.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

He told them to reject any deal that INCLUDES funding for Ukraine. Why do you never include the statement?

Link

“I do not think we should do a Border Deal, at all, unless we get EVERYTHING needed to shut down the INVASION of Millions & Millions of people,” Trump posted on social media this week.

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, meanwhile, has been strongly making the case for the deal. He’s told fellow Republicans that the border package, which he insisted be paired with Biden’s $110 billion request for war aid for Ukraine, Israel and other national security priorities, is a rare opportunity to get stronger policies through Congress.

The federal government just told Texas it cannot protect its own borders...you really think Mitch the Bitch cares about that? The bill is about foriegn aid not just border security. That is just how they are trying to get it passed.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Trump Wants to Kill Border Deal So ‘Stupid’ Republicans Don’t Help Biden

And then you have members of Congress like Troy Nehls openly saying:

not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat and to help Joe Biden’s approval rating. …I will not help the Democrats try to improve this man’s dismal approval ratings. I’m not going to do it. Why would I?

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You should really stop posting propagandistic garbage. Rolling Stone?

This is what he said:

I do not think we should do a Border Deal, at all, unless we get EVERYTHING needed to shut down the INVASION of Millions & Millions of people, many from parts unknown, into our once great, but soon to be great again, Country! Also, I have no doubt that our wonderful Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson, will only make a deal that is PERFECT ON THE BORDER. Remember, without Strong Borders and Honest Elections, we don’t have a Country!!

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

and...he does not want to help Biden. Do you think it is fair to wrap billions in aid for Ukraine into US border Security?

This is all about CR's and keeping the government open. There has not been a budget passed by Congress in over a decade so no, they should not vote for this and make a win for Biden.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If the border is such an immediate issue, shouldn't you want it fixed now and not a year from now when it might be more beneficial to your political party?

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

If the border is such an immediate issue, shouldn't you want it fixed now and not a year from now when it might be more beneficial to your political party?

What part of Ukraine borders the US?

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes. Create 2 separate bills and vote on it. If Biden had not stopped the wall we would not be in this position either. Remember how funding for that could not be found and was so expensive? Remember how beneficial to the party the Democrats were....

For what we have spent on Ukraine we could have the safest, most modern and most secure border on the planet.

You have no argument here. The bottom line is the Federal Government, Under Joe Biden, has just removed the protection for the southern border of Texas because of an obstruction to allow illegals to cross. At NO time was CBP denied access and that is what the law is for. To make sure access is available to maritime ships and/or CBP/Coast Guard/etc.

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002024-01-24T16:03:16-06:000416 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Have you read the bill? It’s pathetic, it’s terrible for the country. That’s why Trump doesn’t like it, he knows a bad deal when he see’s it, this is a bad bill. My state Senator is one of the main people pushing it, people are not happy with him here, myself included.
edit on 26-1-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   

not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat and to help Joe Biden’s approval rating. …I will not help the Democrats try to improve this man’s dismal approval ratings. I’m not going to do it. Why would I?

Hmm... a Story from Rolling Stone Magazine . Say , what does the National Enquire have to say about All this ?

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a bill to offer a speed up to processing illegals and turning them into the country at an even greater pace? That sounds really, really stupid at this point. Like something you would champion.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Which boarder deal? The one that doesn't actually exist?

“I would encourage (chief Senate GOP negotiator) James Lankford and other conservatives to produce a work product with which they will shortly allow conservatives like myself to review it and take heart that there are a number of us who won’t be looking to third parties and assessing the propriety of passing this bipartisan proposal,” Young said.

link

Maybe the Senate should produce a deal so that the Senators can review it before claiming that Donald Trump ruined the deal.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

The Rolling Stone article is comical at the beginning.

The former president is interested in curbing illegal immigration only so far as it helps him politically

Which is something that is totally new and never happened, before. It's why the border situation is almost never a topic of discussion in any administration. Oh wait, never mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Abbott should take it one step Further . Prohibit any Legal Contracts from being signed by those not having the Right to Work in Texas . Suspension of business License for any Business caught hiring Illegally and Mandate eVerify . This would by default cause Illegals to Migrate to Sanctuary States/Cities . And finally use Cloward Piven against the Left's Invasion Tactics .

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I have also Noticed that the US Supreme Court has not made a Judicial Judgement which Documents that the Executive Branch has Violated Immigration Laws enacted by the Legislative Branch. The US Supreme Court no longer Defends the Constitution of the United States and should be Ignored by WE THE PEOPLE ..

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You mean this one?

HR2

link

It passed the house over 8 months ago. This is the Senate and Joe Biden not the MAGA movement stopping a f'n thing.

It addresses everything.
edit on Janam31amf0000002024-01-26T11:37:38-06:001138 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

You mean this one?

HR2

link

It passed the house over 8 months ago. This is the Senate and Joe Biden not the MAGA movement stopping a f'n thing.

It addresses everything.

No that is not the fictitious legislation the Senate is "working on" now.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No #. This should have already been passed. You, not me, stated

Which boarder deal? The one that doesn't actually exist?

There is it. Why is the Democratic Controlled Senate not voting on it? Because they want a bill that will sneak in other funding.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join