It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Why Files story of evolution and ancient war.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:25 PM
link   
An interesting story of human history that may or not be true, however, interesting nonetheless.

Humans vs Superhumans | When Monsters Were Real and We Almost Went Extinct

Humans are the apex predator. Not *an* apex predator. *The* apex predator. Other than a handful of bacteria and viruses, there’s pretty much nothing stronger, more intelligent, or more adaptable than Homo sapiens.

Telling the human story from the beginning is difficult.

It was a time when two words defined our world: fear and violence. It was a time when we were *not* the apex predator; we were their prey.

We emerged from our caves during the day. Hoping we wouldn’t be hunted by the monsters in the woods.

So vicious were these monsters they still live in our myths -- and our nightmares. They created a generational trauma embedded into our DNA over hundreds of thousands of years of evolution.

These creatures were stronger, faster, and (when it came to combat) more intelligent than we were. It’s a miracle any of us are even here.

This is the story of how modern humans conquered the monsters and won the battle for the world.

But here's the thing: those fearsome monsters defeated by humans? Were other humans.
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Predasaur !!

Hell of a slave race! 😀

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
An interesting story of human history that may or not be true, however, interesting nonetheless.

Well, the first fifteen minutes, give or take, is okayish and then he just starts making stuff up - mad stuff.

Cat's eyes with split pupils???!!! And this is evidenced how?

His primary source material appears to have been trawled from the D&D community.

www.reddit.com...

He's either using a lot of out-dated and disproven sources because he doesn't know any better - or because he knows his audience is does not and he is ken to knowing the big bucks come from telling people want they want to hear. I am favouring the latter.

I expect his back catalogue is similarly entertaining while lacking in substance and without any indication of sources so as to discourage any fact checking (because that'd explode the fantasy he's built for y'all).

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I love this version of history, it calls out to me. I think the truth is somewhere between this and the mainstream theory. I think both are extremes one making them too bestial ignoring any evidence to the contrary and the other making them to similar to us ignoring any evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

originally posted by: 727Sky

Well, the first fifteen minutes, give or take, is okayish and then he just starts making stuff up - mad stuff.

Cat's eyes with split pupils???!!! And this is evidenced how?

His primary source material appears to have been trawled from the D&D community.

www.reddit.com...

He's either using a lot of out-dated and disproven sources because he doesn't know any better - or because he knows his audience is does not and he is ken to knowing the big bucks come from telling people want they want to hear. I am favouring the latter.

I expect his back catalogue is similarly entertaining while lacking in substance and without any indication of sources so as to discourage any fact checking (because that'd explode the fantasy he's built for y'all).

His spiel is to kind of create a "what if" scenario loosely based on available theories or evidence, then at the end, he takes some time to ask if any of it is "true" and then lays down some facts.

It's a pretty decent format, and the production quality is generally decent, plus he's a good host.

Obviously people need to make their money, but all things considered I don't detect any kind of innate dishonesty.

These topics are generally to be accepted with a grain of salt, and is entertainment at the end of the day. Sometimes it's nice to sit back and suspend disbelief for a little while.
edit on 19-1-2024 by AnnihilateThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

If you'd watched to the end you would have seen his primary source...

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks, Sky for introducing me to the Why Files; I'm a HUGE fan!

It's really nice to escape into fantasy and 'what ifs' sometimes. The 'what ifs' can give some better mental exercise than simple daydreaming.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

think I am turning into a WF fan
wish he'd gag that fish though.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'd like to know why he thinks the cooling period from the eruption in Italy didn't cause the near extinction of humans. Neanderthals were more adapted to colder conditions caused by ash in the atmosphere. If there were already people on islands all over the world, why are we all descended from those 40 people mentioned in the video?

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

I'd like to know why he thinks the cooling period from the eruption in Italy didn't cause the near extinction of humans.

It did, but thanks to their constant hustle we were better at surviving. they were the apex predator with no long-term survival skills, that was our luck...

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnnihilateThis
Obviously people need to make their money, but all things considered I don't detect any kind of innate dishonesty.

Technically it isn't dishonesty if you are utilising disproven theories and sources without knowing that they were subsequently disproven. So, yes, he may just be ignorant and another example of the DeLongian aversion to boring books.

originally posted by: AnnihilateThis
These topics are generally to be accepted with a grain of salt, and is entertainment at the end of the day. Sometimes it's nice to sit back and suspend disbelief for a little while.

Indeed but personally I prefer that suspension to be based on thinking forward, or backwards, from what we "know" in the present not what a load of Victorian white male Christians believed in the past. Although I often find it hilariously funny how those silly little men saw the world, I also find it sad that they are still drawing breath spouting the same bull#.

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

If you'd watched to the end you would have seen his primary source...

I missed that I am afraid. I have tried jogging back over the ending but cannot see it. Can you let me know what it is or provide a link please?

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 11:04 PM
link   

40,000 years ago, the Eurasian steppes were inhabited by our close relatives, the Neanderthals. Advanced and remarkably human-like, their disappearance remains a mystery. In this extra long documentary on the Neanderthal Apocalypse, we explore various theories: from their physical traits and hunting methods to the possibility of a devastating super volcano. Additionally, recent genetic studies suggest Neanderthal DNA might still persist in modern humans. Dive into the enigma of their extinction and the legacy they left behind.
youtu.be...

top topics

join