It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 10,000 Fugitives From Justice Captured in Operation FALCON (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Over 10,000 criminals who either escaped from prison, were released on bail, some named on warrants, and others who did not show up in court were captured during a six day long nationwide dragnet code-named Operation FALCON (Federal and Local Cops Organized Nationally).

www.cnn.com
More than 10,000 fugitives from justice have been captured in a nationwide, weeklong dragnet, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

Among the 10,340 people captured between April 4 and April 10 are 162 accused or convicted of murder, 638 wanted for armed robbery, 553 wanted for rape or sexual assault, 154 gang members and 106 unregistered sex offenders.

A comparison with Marshals Service arrests in fiscal 2004 gives an idea of the scope of this month's sweep. For that year, U.S. Marshals caught more than 36,000 federal felons, and Marshals-led task forces also arrested more than 31,600 people wanted on state and local felony warrants, according to the U.S. Marshals Web site.

Fugitives were tracked in every state, plus Puerto Rico and Guam, officials said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I beileve that it is a great thing for our local and national law enforcement agencies to be able to band together and take so many dangerous persons off the streets. Hopefully this will not only lead to a reduction in crime but also a safer America. Hopefully the next step would be a worldwide dragnet operation against terrorist cells.

Related News Links:
washingtontimes.com
msnbc.msn.com
www.sfgate.com

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I agree this is good. Put the criminals in jail for the crime they committed.

Also remember not to let anybody freak you out about Americas overcrowded prisons.

Overcrowded prisons are a good thing

Why? Because it means that the criminals are not out among the populace.

It is a strange phenomenon when prison populations go up that crime goes down. It kind of makes you *tilt* your head to the side and scratch your head while exhaling a verbal HMMMMM..........I just don't get it.

Falling crime rate mystifies experts

rising population despite falling crime rates?

Strange isn't it? Some people can't comprehend the relationship between the rising prison population and the falling crime rate.

*cough * cough.........................American liberals

*HAHA i said c o c k your head to hte side and it censored that! I was referring to the twisting motion of the head used in a quizzical fashion not the slang term for the male genitalia. Hilarious!*

[edit on 4/15/2005 by verfed]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Already covered.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed

new topics

join