It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mental health topic "thought projection" and (Schizophrenia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So I thought it would be a nice idea to post a topic on mental health and maybe reach out to other people in this forum that may have similar mental health issues.

I am Schizoaffective bipolar type.

this is basically schizophrenia with some other things tossed in.

I suffer from auditory hallucinations. I consider myself stable and am on a good combination of meds.

part of my psychosis is what they call "thought projection" This is a delusion that you "project" or "transmit" your thoughts to other people.
This can often make the person with this psychosis think they are psychic an that other people can hear their thoughts and are affected by them.

this can be a very disturbing thing, when i'm doing bad and my cycling of my illness is at a peak, i often have it seem like people are reacting to my thoughts.

(for instance I was at the deli getting some bbq chicken, and i thought to myself "nice this food is fresh" half a second later the person getting my food says "fresh" in a dazed and confused look and wording.

another time i was at a convenience store, there was an attractive female at the register, I was cycling high and propositioned her in my thoughts, she looked at me and softly said no thank you, i thought it to her again and when her mouth moved she repeated no thank you. This was odd to me because i know i was not speaking out loud and i saw her lips move in synch with what i heard her say.

and yet another time recently i was having issues with intrusive thoughts and was trying to mentally reassure myself i was a good person.
as someone on a bike was coming in my direction, i was fearful they could hear my thoughts, so i keep repeating in my head "i am a good person with a good personality. i then saw the person speak and heard him say in a trembling voice "he is so pure")

as you can see with my experiences this psychosis can be verry disturbing and seem uncannily real.

this is verry disturbing to me when things like this happen, you are always on guard and paranoid about your most private thoughts not being private anymore and can often cause the person with the psychosis to isolate and fear being around people.

I was wondering if there were other schizophrenics/schizoaffective people in here so we could discuss our symptoms.
edit on 1/8/2024 by wrayth because: needed to edit title

edit on 1/8/2024 by wrayth because: added more context

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wrayth

if what you just described is considered Schizophrenia by Medical Professionals then I should have been medicated a long time ago. And I am not saying that to be snide or condescending I am dead serious ....

In any event mate do continue your Meds and keep up the good work I'm glad you're stabilized.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Ok, wrayth...wait a second! 1st, interesting and revealing post! I'll follow...

But!....Oh my God...2007 you joined?!😳Where the heck you been all this time?

If correct...man have you got comps comin'!✌️😎👍

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
PS: ETA: God bless everyone who can relate to his story here.
✝️

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

"as you can see with my experiences this psychosis can be verry disturbing and seem uncannily real."

It has been proven that mental telepathy is real. Unfortunately, most people and most professionals of any ilk will deny that such is possible. They reason that we are all secure within our own consciousness and in no way can thoughts be transmitted between individuals. That is a self-made, ordinary human escape from the reality of what some people experience.

If you are finding comfort with taking meds for your so-called psychosis, then by all means continue taking them. Your examples can be dangerous if you were to attempt to convince other people that you can read minds or influence other minds. However, I find nothing terrible bad mannered or dangerous in what you have reported. However, be very mindful that it never gets out of hand. I have a family member that frequently must share with other people, and it never works to his advantage.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I don't have the diagnosis but I've tested my own experiences enough to say I really don't know enough about mental illness. What I can say is anyone can hallucinate and develop thought processes that become unhelpful. I'm one of them. I've also seen others go through episodes and I have to admit they've got an extrasensory taste about them. I've never managed to put my tongue on it but simply saying cuckoo through a big grin never quite cut it for me.

All my experiences are questionable or based around the hypnagogic stage when it comes to hallucinations... Anyone can get recreational or deprive themselves of sleep though. I've also heard that kundalini and things like that can make reality a bit more interesting too, maybe someone with a bit more knowledge and respect for that pops in the thread because it is a fascinating rabbit hole.

Good on ya for being stable, I've known a couple of people who went down rabbit holes and it's hardly ever a game of cricket. Golden rules and a strong self of identity often helped them but the meds work well too, neither is easy. That said I don't think science knows what consciousness is, I can't say it's in the skull anymore than someone of the past saying it's in the heart. It's just not that easy to get a handle on reality with a human brain, it probably takes loads of them.

Which means communication is key? We're seemingly built for it so I couldn't dismiss "psychic communication" especially when you consider just how much we communicate subconsciously without even knowing it. Lots to think about when it comes to that.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They say that goat starers (warrior monks and mystics) swim in the same waters that psychotics drown in.

That's not to say that goat starers and other subgroups of unique individuals are mentally ill though.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have tasted the same as you experienced but only after months of intense meditation. So I see nothing abnormal in anything you have written. The medical profession certainly does not believe we are all interconnected and can communicate directly with one another via thoughts. So yes they will see all that as hallucinations.

Perhaps in previous life's you have attained a spiritual advanced state. In this life your chakra's are active. If I were you. I would look up closest Buddhism centre. Talk to them about what you perceive. Ask them if they know any advanced monks that can help you.

Don't worry about your thoughts being heard by others. Generally thoughts transmit when you focus your thoughts on people that you want to transmit too. If they just random thoughts. Generally they arn't transmitted. Use your breath to lower your mind to calm state. Trust yourself and your own guidance.

new topics

top topics

join