It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Lincoln at Gettysburg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's been debated for decades where, exactly, did Lincoln stand when he made his Gettysburg Address. Over the years there have been somewhat educated guesses. This guy, though, has found within a few feet of where he actually was.

Using the few photos that were taken that day and a lot of years of triangulating the photos, witness accounts and a lot of computer simulations of the crowd and everyone that was there dad gum, the man is a success. Cool to see Alexander Gardner photobomb his own photo. It's another really good one from Cspan. Gotta love the stuff they throw up there, these great history lessons.

Couldn't find it on Youtube but here's a link to the presentation.

www.c-span.org.../2022-lincoln-forum-photo-lincoln-gettysburg&#!

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

That is a man who was dedicated to his task, and it paid off.

Kudos.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Nice find. It may not be Earth shattering but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Certainly he was. Even with computers this still took years which shows that something this precise can be incredibly difficult to find and he and his team deserve loads of credit for figuring this out.

There was another one about Civil War photography that had some really great stereoscopic photos that have unbelievable clarity and show that photography of that era wasn't as awful as we were led to believe. Bloody hell, I can't find it. I thought everything was on the net but that episode I can't find yet I have it in my dvr so I know it exists, dammit.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A friend of the family, someone whose credibility I do have ultimate faith in, has always talked about the day that his father took him to a secret base and flew with him I think to New Mexico and while there, he and his father were sent on a quick mission where they would travel through time. They sent them to the Gettysburg address field and they were able to watch Lincoln deliver it. Before leaving, the young man even jumped into one or two of the famous photographs that were taken. And I swear it is he...He grew up to be a Presidential candidate and everything. My aunt has been his preacher and she was asked to be the White House preacher if he were to win. Some of you may even know who he is. I'll keep that quiet though. Great guy though, I simply can't make up my mind about his stories. Why would he lie? How did he get in the picture or did someone just look just like him as a boy? Why do I find him so believable otherwise?

new topics

top topics

join