It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using food as a weapon against us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It is a long article as there are other foods that have been cut or are the real thing in name only.. How this can be allowed is beyond me as they supposedly started labeling to tell us what is in the food we are buying. Guess they figure no one reads labels so...do whatever they want either thru profit motive or evil intent ???... Most have heard that upwards of 60 to 90 percent of Olive oil is you buy in stores is fake.. there are other foods that are believed to be healthy but in reality; not so much ! Weaponized ?

lists.youmaker.com...

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

Honey is the third most-faked food in the world. Tests have revealed 50 percent to 70 percent of all U.S. honey is fake or adulterated.
True Source Honey, a honey certification group, was created by the businesses it certifies. According to a class action complaint, True Source Honey is being used by these businesses “to fraudulently control the market, sell fake honey at substantially lower prices than honest beekeepers, and divert sales, revenue, and profits to themselves.”
Honey can be faked and adulterated in many different ways. Common strategies include diluting the honey with sugars or syrups, or feeding corn syrup to the bees rather than allowing them to forage for pollen.
Inexpensive, low-grade honey can also be filtered and then dusted with high-grade pollen from another location to obscure its origin. Oftentimes, honey labeled as “local” is, in fact, cheap honey sourced overseas.
To ensure authenticity, buy honey from a local beekeeper. You’ll typically find them at farmers’ markets. Also, use your senses. Many adulterated honeys will lack the floral notes found in pure honey. Adulterated honey may also have a lingering aftertaste, or will simply taste too sugary, and is far stickier and transparent than real honey.

Remarkable as it may seem, food fraud is a huge business and a rampant problem. Award-winning journalist and best-selling author Larry Olmsted revealed many of the food fraud tricks in his 2016 book, “Real Food/Fake Food: Why You Don’t Know What You’re Eating and What You Can Do About It.”1,2
For example, tests have revealed anywhere from 60 percent to 90 percent3 of the olive oils you find in grocery stores and restaurants are adulterated with cheap, linoleic acid-rich seed oils that are pernicious to health in several ways.
Most Honey on the Market Is Not Real Honey
Another food that is frequently adulterated is honey. Tests have revealed 50 percent to 70 percent of all U.S. honey is fake or adulterated,4,5 and according to a comprehensive review of fake foods published in the Journal of Food Science,6 honey is the third most-faked food in the world. As reported by Better Homes & Gardens, Oct. 2, 2023:7

“You probably weren’t aware that much of the honey found on grocery store shelves is actually fake—in some cases, it contains little to no actual honey. In fact, honey is one of the most faked foods found in our food supply today ...

“Honey can be adulterated in many ways—from treating it with heat to filtering it to diluting it with modified additives like sugar or syrup. It can be harvested too early as plant nectar, doctored up, and sold falsely as the end product, honey.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The whole food game is questionable.

Here in Australia instead of having an honest label stating where food comes from the government have a bar graph:

business.gov.au...

This is really poor as the food producer does not have to state where the overseas or elements originate from or if mixed with Australia grown products they do not need to disclose this.

In my opinion I want to know where food comes from, as I may not want my money ending up in a county I don’t want getting it.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Most have heard that upwards of 60 to 90 percent of Olive oil is you buy in stores is fake..

Wait what ?? Are you serious ?

When you say fake what exactly do you mean by that ? Fake as in it's labeled Olive oil but it's actually Vegetable oil or fake as in something else entirely ?

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Manufacturers have gotten really sneaky by giving new names to known harmful ingredients; as an example MSG has over 40 innocuous sounding names and is in nearly every processed food on the shelf and even in conventional salt.

When you get to researching all of the chemicals used to make food shelf stable and learn of known harmful effects you kind of want to give up eating.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We try to buy organic honey that is locally sourced when we buy honey. Some is raw, some is not. Hopefully because of the organic certification it is more apt to be pure honey, but there are deceivers that sell organic too.

I researched the brands of olive oil a while back that were being cut with other oils and we did start avoiding the bad brands. We usually buy the refined olive oil which is harder to hide the other oils tastes in. Neither the wife or I like the extra version olive oil. There is supposedly more of the good chemistry of olives in four small olives than in two tablespoons of olive oil...that info came from a video which included a person who was high up in the FDA talking about it.

I like olives, just don't care for extra virgin olive oil.

There are a lot of foods out there that have chemistry in them from pesticides or herbicides to chemicals used to extend shelf life that are not especially healthy for most of us. One chemical can be detoxed by one group of people and not another, but since there are so many chemicals of various types used, even those people who can detox that one chemical can be negatively effected by another. It is like they are trying to mess everyone up, it is not genocide, they want everyone to be sick and supporting the medical and pharma industries and totally dependent on the system the government controls. Sounds like a conspiracy, but history shows this being done for thousands of years...it is not new, nor is it a conspiracy. It is about making us dependent on the people running the systems.

All countries do this, they promote chemistry to dampen down the population, so they do not get fired up and go after the government. Calming food chemistry is adjuvated by organic chemicals to make it better absorbed, or they make people believe some foods that contain calming chemistry are superfoods...yet the good people eat these calming chemistry and it overloads their system and the rowdy people avoid them because it makes them feel not so rowdy. So they weaken the good calm honest people and those rowdy cons and radical people have gained power to do bad in our society. They also avoid taking meds to calm them, that would not match the personality they have that is disruptive in nature.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
It is a long article as there are other foods that have been cut or are the real thing in name only.. How this can be allowed is beyond me as they supposedly started labeling to tell us what is in the food we are buying. Guess they figure no one reads labels so...do whatever they want either thru profit motive or evil intent ???... Most have heard that upwards of 60 to 90 percent of Olive oil is you buy in stores is fake.. there are other foods that are believed to be healthy but in reality; not so much ! Weaponized ?

lists.youmaker.com...

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

Honey is the third most-faked food in the world. Tests have revealed 50 percent to 70 percent of all U.S. honey is fake or adulterated.
True Source Honey, a honey certification group, was created by the businesses it certifies. According to a class action complaint, True Source Honey is being used by these businesses “to fraudulently control the market, sell fake honey at substantially lower prices than honest beekeepers, and divert sales, revenue, and profits to themselves.”
Honey can be faked and adulterated in many different ways. Common strategies include diluting the honey with sugars or syrups, or feeding corn syrup to the bees rather than allowing them to forage for pollen.
Inexpensive, low-grade honey can also be filtered and then dusted with high-grade pollen from another location to obscure its origin. Oftentimes, honey labeled as “local” is, in fact, cheap honey sourced overseas.
To ensure authenticity, buy honey from a local beekeeper. You’ll typically find them at farmers’ markets. Also, use your senses. Many adulterated honeys will lack the floral notes found in pure honey. Adulterated honey may also have a lingering aftertaste, or will simply taste too sugary, and is far stickier and transparent than real honey.

Remarkable as it may seem, food fraud is a huge business and a rampant problem. Award-winning journalist and best-selling author Larry Olmsted revealed many of the food fraud tricks in his 2016 book, “Real Food/Fake Food: Why You Don’t Know What You’re Eating and What You Can Do About It.”1,2
For example, tests have revealed anywhere from 60 percent to 90 percent3 of the olive oils you find in grocery stores and restaurants are adulterated with cheap, linoleic acid-rich seed oils that are pernicious to health in several ways.
Most Honey on the Market Is Not Real Honey
Another food that is frequently adulterated is honey. Tests have revealed 50 percent to 70 percent of all U.S. honey is fake or adulterated,4,5 and according to a comprehensive review of fake foods published in the Journal of Food Science,6 honey is the third most-faked food in the world. As reported by Better Homes & Gardens, Oct. 2, 2023:7

“You probably weren’t aware that much of the honey found on grocery store shelves is actually fake—in some cases, it contains little to no actual honey. In fact, honey is one of the most faked foods found in our food supply today ...

“Honey can be adulterated in many ways—from treating it with heat to filtering it to diluting it with modified additives like sugar or syrup. It can be harvested too early as plant nectar, doctored up, and sold falsely as the end product, honey.

An important observation in my view. I know we have all watched movies and many of us remember how things were a few decades ago. The older generations can remember much more but the one thing people had in common was plenty of hair when in our times people and especially men are getting bald. Food/stress/hormones/drugs. This is how I can explain it.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Artificial sweeteners, artificial preservatives, artificial coloring, we were not created by God to digest artificial food.

Nothing else in Nature, deliberately seeks out artificial food to eat. We should all be eating organic, as best we can.

If that means growing your own so be it, but depending on a corrupt system of evil greedy people to supply us with sustenance is a bad plan.

No one else has your best interest in mind, more than yourselves. Nutrition is important, just because one fills their belly doesn't mean it nutritional. People can be fat or skinny and stuffed full of food and face mal-nutrition.

What's the nutritional value of your food?

Are you eating clean, and healthy?

Fast food is farther from clean and healthy as one can get.

Just try this one search, search YouTube for fake eggs.
China has figure out how to process artificial eggs. They look fake as # too. Search it and see.

You are all better than the system implys, we are what we eat after all. Eat clean and healthy, feel clean and healthy.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I am very fortunate to live where I live. We are able to keep chickens so we have our own eggs. We have several beekeepers in the area. The honey might be more expensive but so worth it. We have both a fabulous butcher and also local Angus beef raised by the small feed store where I get my chicken's food, and most importantly, we raise much of our fruit and veggies and can or freeze them. What I can't grow I get from a local organic farm.

I trust very little from the grocery store. We avoid processed anything and cook from scratch. I am fortunate that we all like leftovers because we finish up anything that was prepared the previous day.

Dairy products are pretty much the only stuff we buy from grocery stores with any regularity. And fish. Being on the east coast the fresh fish is good here. I avoid anything farm raised because it is impossible to know the conditions in which the fish have been raised.

I even grow my own organic cannabis. It is legal to do so here. I actually don't trust the stuff from the dispensaries. They have been caught in the past using toxic pesticides. No thanks.

I am always wondering about the olive oil. I am using more avocado oil these days.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Not to sound rude, but would you prefer food shortages and mass starvation and all the social upheaval that comes from lack of life supporting neccessities?

Bring able to afford healthy alternatives is a luxury.

It's not ideal by any means but it's preferable to reliving the hardships of the Great Depression.

We should not take our blessings for granted and be grateful for the positions we hold that make the affordability of healthier alternatives possible.

It's better than being stuck in a diet of civilian grade MREs. Been there done that out of the suck and grateful for it.
edit on 12/30/23 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have spent the last three years on and off in Mexico in a small town. So much of the food is locally sourced and there are very few processed foods. You can't buy a frozen lasagne or anything like that. But I am telling you, the food in Mexico is AMAZING. You can buy packaged orange juice, and whenever I drink it, I have this memory of what orange juice used to taste like 50 years ago.

top topics

join