It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Pyramid found in Indonesia. REALLY Ancient.

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.popularmechanics.com...

“These findings offer valuable insights into the construction history of Gunung Padang,” the authors wrote in the paper, “shedding light on the engineering capabilities of ancient civilizations during the Paleolithic era.”

To arrive at their conclusions, the authors used ground-penetrating technologies to uncover what they believe are four layers of construction that include rooms throughout differing phases of build. The first layer is dated to 27,000 to 16,000 years ago, and was done by carbon dating the soil drilled from the site. They also believe that the technology shows sculpted stonework—“meticulously sculpted,” to be exact—and the arranging of rocks in a planned way.

Indonesia hardly ever makes any news. I had never heard of this site.
even if it's not 27k old it's pretty old.
looking forward to hearing more about this.

edit on 10.20.23 by Coelacanth55 because: add pic

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

But other scientists argue the structure can't be that ancient—and that humans couldn't have built it.

and that is all well and good, but there it is, just the same.

They should be careful to not discredit carbon dating, lest they give the young Earth creationists fuel.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The huffing & puffing by critics is going to serve it's purpose in getting funding to do more archeological study of the site.
😁😁😁
That is how this works right?
(wink)

There's been bias longer than I've been alive regarding ancient civilizations other than the Middle East or Egypt.
Outside of those two area's it's "Oh Noes! Impossible!!". Altho I would like more than penetrating radar as documentation.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Pangaea no one entertains my theory that civilizations existed on the supercontinent our dating system is way off .

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There could have been numerous civilizations of hominids on this planet since it was formed. Some might have had really good intelligence and could figure out how to do things way better and simpler than modern humans. Just because they did not have cars and jets does not mean they were not intelligent beings, but I am not saying that they did not possess stuff like that, just that we have not found any evidence of it.

Iron buried in the ground can oxidize to something that looks like a rock which is surrounded by red soil in under three thousand years under most natural conditions. It can even do that in way less time if conditions are right.

Just because they have not found evidence yet, or they have found evidence but won't accept it as real because it does not fit the beliefs of the people doing this kind of science.....does not mean it is not real.

If highly educated people started questioning their knowledge they were led to believe is real, the science would fall apart even if the consensus of the time is wrong. Scientific evidence is usually interpretted by belief and compliance with consensus of that field of science. If it does not comply with consensus than it will be denied as real even if it is actually real.

I have lots of faith in science since I started studying so much of it. My own beliefs have been smashed multiple times even though they matched the beliefs of half the people in the USA because we were taught they were real. Some of the biggest twisted deceptions have been believed and parroted for many generations.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Pangaea no one entertains my theory that civilizations existed on the supercontinent our dating system is way off .

I would dearly love to know what's under the ice of Antarctica.
Atlantis, maybe.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   
(Spam removed)

edit on 22/12/2023 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Just a thought, but if you want information to last, mark it in stone. Just because they were using what we may call primitive tech, does not mean a lack of intelligence. How many of your digital, photocopied, Polaroid, whatever info will last as long??

I will not get into my life history of how/what I was taught about our existence. That rant is for the religious forums. (I do not agree with most truth I was taught)

In short, I agree; so much agree.

edit on 22-12-2023 by savagemoron2 because: explaination of self

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There are some interesting YouTube video's about it.....

Here's one debunking the science paper claiming the 'pyramid' is 25.000-27,000 years old.

I enjoyed watching this one, very interesting.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   

NVM
edit on 22-12-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join