It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rural China Province Earthquake.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The article states 111 have been killed and rescuers are operating in freezing temperatures in a rural Chinese province. Not much info at this point. Forgot to add registered as a 6.2
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 18-12-2023 by TheWhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhat

From your link:

The death toll from the Gansu earthquake has increased to 116, according to local authorities.

State media reported that 105 died in Gansu, with 11 deaths in neighbouring Qinghai province.

Officials in Jishishan county, the epicentre of the quake, said at a press conference on Tuesday morning that some 186 people have been injured, with 4,782 houses damaged.

Thousands of rescue workers have been deployed. Officials asked the public not to approach the disaster scene, so as to leave roads clear for rescue teams.

That's terrible; it's only 8* there, with power and water disrupted. I fear the death toll will be far higher by this time tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The BBC for all its faults is quite useful for its news links. They update major events as they get the info. That's why I still include them unless it's something political.
a reply to: nugget1

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Sad news for them. I can't imagine living in a country that has earthquakes. It sounds like the most terrifying thing I could imagine. Thoughts go out to all of those affected.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExploreTheImpossible
Sad news for them. I can't imagine living in a country that has earthquakes. It sounds like the most terrifying thing I could imagine. Thoughts go out to all of those affected.

Indeed.

They don't seem to have them too often, or not major ones at least but the earth certainly seems to have more than moved on this occasion.

Survivors said the tremours had felt like "being tossed [by] surging waves"

top topics

join